Fabio Capello stays...............

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fabio Capello stays...............

Postby crossan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:01 pm

as England manager,is a good decision for me as he will now sort out the ego's.......
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Re: Fabio Capello stays...............

Postby Lev Bronstein » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Sounds like the feedback from behind the scenes absolves Fabio and puts the blame on "certain disruptive individuals".
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby crossan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:31 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:Sounds like the feedback from behind the scenes absolves Fabio and puts the blame on "certain disruptive individuals".

Not JT,AC,FL.............heaven forbid.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Vhero » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:38 pm

Its complete bollocks though just shows how clueless the FA are I mean "certain disruptive individuals" didn't fucking call up nor pick Emile Fucking Heskey did they?? Nor Ledley "should be in hospital not on a pitch" King.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby CityGer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Good. Now tell Terry his career is over, get rid of the deadwood and start again.

Far too easy to blame the manager and yes he made mistakes but those players were a fucking disgrace. Hopefully he's learnt that, will out most of the shithouses and build a new side who are capable and happy to follow team orders without sulking and crying to the press.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Lev Bronstein » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:58 pm

Vhero wrote:Its complete bollocks though just shows how clueless the FA are I mean "certain disruptive individuals" didn't fucking call up nor pick Emile Fucking Heskey did they?? Nor Ledley "should be in hospital not on a pitch" King.

True, I thought it curious that he broke his stated rules about not picking injured players, not picking players out of form and not picking players who aren't playing for their club.

Maybe something deeply Macheavellian was going on?
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby btajim » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:05 pm

CityGer wrote:Good. Now tell Terry his career is over, get rid of the deadwood and start again.

Far too easy to blame the manager and yes he made mistakes but those players were a fucking disgrace. Hopefully he's learnt that, will out most of the shithouses and build a new side who are capable and happy to follow team orders without sulking and crying to the press.

I disagree. He was once a fine Manager with brilliant tactics and a very respectable CV. I think he proved with England in the World Cup that he's past it. He picked those players, he trained them and not one England performance in South Africa was anything to be proud of.

His belligerence and Headmaster persona are so outdated in Football. I swear I'd kick the cunt up the arse if I could get away with it.

Edit - Fuck this. My support of England is now armchair / indifference. It's City all the way. And little old Hereford United.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:39 pm

Being cynical I could say the compensation package payable would have been in the FA's thinking, but no matter, its the right choice. He wants to carry on, he now truly realises the players aren't that good, lack the brains to adapt, and if everyone grasps this fact and deals with it he might just come up with something to smile about, and at the moment England qualifying and performing with credit in 2012 should be the aim. All the other stuff, like looking at the ways we develop young players, should be priority 1 for the FA and Capello would be doing everyone a favour if he pointed this out to them.
Bianchi on Ice

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Lev Bronstein » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:18 pm

How about the following conversation after/during the pre-tournament friendlies.

FC: I don't know what's gone wrong with this bunch. Gerard, Terry, Rooney, Lampard and some of the others are coasting and swanning around like a dog with two dicks. I think I'll drop them and get some younger, hungrier lads who will at least try their bollocks off.

FA Big Wig: You can't drop them they are Englands finest.

FC: Rubbish they're playing crap.

FABW: Look, you can't drop them, the press will murder you and the fans will lynch you. You've got to play them and that's that.

FC: Ok, if you insist. But I want a contract extension.

FABW: Fine Fabio, two years extra should be ok.

FC: Its a deal. By the way, it'll go pear shaped, so don't try and sack me when it does. I've recorded this conversation and a copy is going to mancityfans.net - just as insurance you understand.
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby JonnyAsh » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:27 pm

The thing that got me about him was the way he was saying the players were all so tired from the Prem season, and seemed to be clutching at straws.
Yes, i agree Fabio, Tevez looks knackered for Argentina, de Jong looks worn out for Holland etc...
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Lev Bronstein » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:31 pm

Actually, I don't think he said that they were tired after the Prem season.
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum