Officially official De Jong v Robbie thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Officially official De Jong v Robbie thread

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:58 pm

have to admit i really do enjoy watching a team that thinks they have the right to always win (even if they are brilliant) start to unravel, top stuff stuffed right up the mardy brazilians. That was nearly as good as watching the same thing happen to Chelsea when we took the piss out of them at the Bridge.

By the way what was Huntelaar doing? he had 3 chances to have a one on one or pass for a certain goal and he was asleep.. what a dork,
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:05 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:In one match Robinho showed us what he is all about. Really good goal and some positive touches in the first half but faded badly in the 2nd half and when the going got tough and Brazil needed somebody to stand up he totally disappeared.

yep.. get rid. no sneaking back to City Robson.. go and try and get a flat in Turkey.
If he cant pull his finger out for Brazil...
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Kladze » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:14 pm

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be happy to see them go out but the thought of seeing Kaka, Elano, and (especially) Robinho holding that trophy aloft has been giving me cold sweats.

Normal service was resumed for Robinho once the going got tough after half time, hardly saw the fucker.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Vhero » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:15 pm

To be fair if Kaka was half the player he was 2 years ago they probably would have stood a chance Brazil but it seems he has imploded since joining Real Madrid same as Ronaldo.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:In one match Robinho showed us what he is all about. Really good goal and some positive touches in the first half but faded badly in the 2nd half and when the going got tough and Brazil needed somebody to stand up he totally disappeared.

A good summary of his performance and as you said, both today and when with City. Such a shame. He's gonna miss out on the good times here and land up in a footballing backwater somewhere, with Turkey being likely with his "brother" Elano
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:25 pm

two soft goals, but a win vs Brasil? sweet. Sad news for NDJ tho...could be a real problem for them in midfield missing him tbh.

great win...

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:39 pm

Vhero wrote:To be fair if Kaka was half the player he was 2 years ago they probably would have stood a chance Brazil but it seems he has imploded since joining Real Madrid same as Ronaldo.

I dont see why Kaka and Trannie's first season has been seen as such a failure.I think Tranny got about 26 goals(i think thats rather good) this year and in another thread it said that our new boy was a little behind Kaka in chances created from open play which I think was 60 in much less games.So that would say to me about 2 or3 chances a game and if our David averages about 1 or 2 a game surely it cant be that bad.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mike J » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:53 pm

Vhero wrote:To be fair if Kaka was half the player he was 2 years ago they probably would have stood a chance Brazil but it seems he has imploded since joining Real Madrid same as Ronaldo.

kaka is still fucking brilliant. id have him at city in a heartbeat.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mike J » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:54 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Mike J wrote:van bommel has always been a proper dirty fucker

but excellent player.

Bye bye Brazil.

agreed.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Lev Bronstein » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:07 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:two soft goals, but a win vs Brasil? sweet. Sad news for NDJ tho...could be a real problem for them in midfield missing him tbh.

great win...

cheers

They'll play the winners of Uruguay v Ghana, so should be favourites come what may - mind you that'll probably mean that they blow it. Still, I do like it when a team battles back.

Dunga must be well pissed off. He's spent his time as manager trying to remove Brazil's soft centre and make them stronger only to watch them fall apart when under pressure for the first time. The game was still winable at 1-1, but they just folded, lost discipline and never looked like winners. Sums up too many of this generation of Brazilians.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Redna » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:06 pm

It´s smelling 74 or 78. Could be either. Spain are in this time, they were shit for many years.They might create a new situation but as said I'll go for a 74.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby btajim » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:10 pm

Really pleased for Holland. Congrats to Fidel and any other Dutch Fans on here.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Mike J wrote:

kaka is still fucking brilliant. id have him at city in a heartbeat.

fuck that he looks shit
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beeks » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:03 pm

what you talking about Willis?

Ronaldo scored 33 goals last season..hardly imploding
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby giokingkladze » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:10 pm

Only just read through this thread - can't believe that nobody has mentioned Robinho ASKING for de Jong's booking, the cunt. Waving an imaginary yellow is a twattish thing to do, doing it against your club team mate to induce a suspension in a possible World Cup semi-final...? Fuck off Robinho
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Gio

Postby Lev Bronstein » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:30 pm

giokingkladze wrote:Only just read through this thread - can't believe that nobody has mentioned Robinho ASKING for de Jong's booking, the cunt. Waving an imaginary yellow is a twattish thing to do, doing it against your club team mate to induce a suspension in a possible World Cup semi-final...? Fuck off Robinho

The key word being team - ultimately doesn't see himself as part of one. (Not ours anyway)
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:30 am

I remember that there was a lot of negativity towards NDJ when he 1st started - and even a lot towards the end of the last season - whilst some of us remember just how the opposition flooded through our MF before he arrived.

Holland seem to think he is good enough for their MF - and if they do not make the final I would not be surprised if it is because he is not available in the semi - also Arsenal fans seem to think he has some qualities as well judging by this thread:

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopi ... 1&start=60

Maybe he should get more recognition amongst CITY fans
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Grob » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:30 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:I remember that there was a lot of negativity towards NDJ when he 1st started - and even a lot towards the end of the last season - whilst some of us remember just how the opposition flooded through our MF before he arrived.

Holland seem to think he is good enough for their MF - and if they do not make the final I would not be surprised if it is because he is not available in the semi - also Arsenal fans seem to think he has some qualities as well judging by this thread:

I think thats a bit harsh. I dont think people were overly negative to Nige. I and others just wondered why he was picked regulally against the Burnleys and Portsmouths at home of this world when we didnt need a DM.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby CityGer » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:56 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

what you talking about Willis?

Ronaldo scored 33 goals last season..hardly imploding

Don't hold your breath. As prolific as he is in the posting stakes, Vhero tends not to reply to posts of this nature.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:09 am

Grob wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:I remember that there was a lot of negativity towards NDJ when he 1st started - and even a lot towards the end of the last season - whilst some of us remember just how the opposition flooded through our MF before he arrived.

I think thats a bit harsh. I dont think people were overly negative to Nige. I and others just wondered why he was picked regulally against the Burnleys and Portsmouths at home of this world when we didnt need a DM.

Grob - I read those comments and thought them to be entirely sensible comments on formation(s) etc - other comments were less balanced - but the point I was wishing to make is that I hope that the WC performances convince people of just how good the guy is - but I agree - he needs to be picked for the right opposition and rested at the right times - something that we failed to do last year
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum