MCF 5-A-Side results & fixtures

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: MCF 5-A-Side results & fixtures

Postby ashton287 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:57 pm

Yeah you might be fit enough to play a full match, you might be the top scorer but you also refuse to get back and defend 90% of the time your on the pitch so you could say if you had stayed on you might of scored 1 more they would have scored 3 more.

No I in team and all that other queer shit.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Woah Woah Woah chaps.
I think we're looking at this subs business all wrong. I certainly feel that I could play the full game without a breather too. And yes, sometimes it helps when you have the continuity of being on all the time. But when you watch from outside you see the difference in the performance of players who have been on that little bit longer. It becomes static, the runs stop coming, the chasing back gets a little less determined and that is what the more frequent changes allow us to regain.
No matter who was on in those last few minutes, normally defensive or whatever, it was working as we scored three times in the the closing moments. Maybe with another couple of minutes to go, Mark and Ric could have had one last blast at it with fresh legs. I've got to be honest I thought there was still a little bit longer to go, the full time whistle sneaked up on us.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:18 pm

Does anyone else agree with Ashton? If so please say something.

I honestly think that I work dead hard an do defend loads. I dont usually get back physically on the pitch as far as you Ashton coz you are usually last man but I am always chasing down their players. Looks like that goes unnoticed because its not on the edge of our area or owt.

Thankless task when you run to close down a pass or an angle an the ball goes the other way. As I said before I feel I work really hard an do all that I can defensively an attacking.

Anyone agree with Ashton... coz i fuckin dont
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:30 pm

Mark, Calm down ffs.
You might think you are chasing and harrying...we all think we are busting a gut and trying our hardest, but when you step back and watch you can see just that little 10% of work missing when a guy has been on too long. You maybe don't feel it yerself, but we all do it. I'm not singling you out in any way shape or form, and it is undoubtedly true that you and Ric bring real energy to the pitch that we need, but sometimes you just need to take a few minutes to get charged up again for another big effort. Almost like in Ice Hockey, which like five a side is about energy and speed, they switch lines and players after sometimes as little as forty seconds. Don't take it personally if you are asked to take a breather.
As it happens, I nearly always offer to sit out the start of the match even though I don't want to. But somebody has to. Maybe just maybe we were finishing so strongly, because we were that bit fresher from swapping and taking breaks.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:56 pm

So the 90% was wrong an therefore his arguement is bullshit. Cool. Apology accepted Ashton haha

Ill take critisism.... just like when i admitted i was wrong about the whole one up front who doesnt defend thing... i changed my game after speakin with everyone about that but to come out now an say i dont defend is a joke.

i take on board what your sayin about subs an ok fair point ill make sure im subbed like everyone else. i just saw it as everyone else needs to go off an i dont but we all pay the same etc so fair enough. plus what roger said about me is fair... i dont see it but i accept that its your honest assesment so ill make sure i do go off for a breather more.

the end of the game yesterday really fustrated me... i was proper revved up... had just hit the post an had also just scored an felt like i was gonna get more only to be subbed off. if it would of been ric in my position i would of rather he stayed on... so its not just me an my ego... i think we needed more goals an our 2 top scorers could of supplied that.

an the most serious point of all is that Roger wasnt wearin his red striped socks. I have bad eyes an struggled to tell it is was him at first glance from the stands. Sort it Roger. oh yeah an cheers to bingo for comin down for his debut.
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby ashton287 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Don't try being a fucking smart arse mark, you dont defend simple as. I dont give a shit if no one else wants to agree but I shouted for you personally about ten times last night to watch a runner or stay with a man and you just looked at me with a blank expression.

Doesn't matter how many goals we score if there always gonna score more.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:56 pm

This is class.....our own Manchester City online dressing room bust up

MarkMak - Robinho
Ashton - Cregg Bellamy

who are the rest of you.....
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:56 pm

Ten times? I'm a bit deaf In both ears so I prob won't have heard u. Not sumot I'm proud of but there ya go. Also ten times has gotta be exaggerated otherwise everyone else wudda said sumot.

agree to disagree on this one then. I'm shocked that u think this coz I come off fuckin knackered from all the running. Like I said if rest of the team backs ur point up I wud have to look at my game but noone else is.

As it stands I know I run loads, close down loads etc, don't think I can do anymore. I take on board the sub point, thanks for raising it but that's it.
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:59 pm

ant london wrote:This is class.....our own Manchester City online dressing room bust up

MarkMak - Robinho
Ashton - Cregg Bellamy

who are the rest of you.....

I heard a rumour before, think it was in the NOTW, that MarkMak thinks Ashton doesn't go forward as much because he knows he can't score brilliant goals like Mark and that's why he stays at the back.

;)
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:03 pm

Turn up for one game and it kicks off to fuck.....

only on mcf.net

next up - Bob shuts the site down, gets his ball and fucks off back to france.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:41 pm

Nah no beef, he thinks I don't defend when I know I work my balls off to do just that, as well as attack.

I always pick up nearest man to me an stick with him. There might be a lapse of concentration like everyone has but I would say that 9/10 I am closin down my man or running with them tryna tackle them. Dunno what game he is watching.
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby ashton287 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:46 pm

The game where i was back on my own about 7 times. 2 on 1 while you stood in there half. THAT GAME DICKHEAD.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:48 pm

their movement was excellent last night and we were at 6's and 7s. I totally agree with Piccs, you can see when players have lost some zip and would benefit by having 5 minutes off. Mark there are times in every game when you look like you need a rest just like everyone that plays.

Ashton, I also understand where you are coming from but I have noticed Marks Style is not to get goal side of the player before the keeper releases it, he has pace and relies on it, 90% of the time it pays off, so as long as he knows which man is his, then thats fine.

Communication was not as good last night either, I can bark orders all night long but the outfield players must tell each other which one they are picking up as several times we went two on one and they had a spare man.

Right thats it your all banned, france here I come.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby ashton287 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:01 pm

Wonderwall wrote:their movement was excellent last night and we were at 6's and 7s. I totally agree with Piccs, you can see when players have lost some zip and would benefit by having 5 minutes off. Mark there are times in every game when you look like you need a rest just like everyone that plays.

Ashton, I also understand where you are coming from but I have noticed Marks Style is not to get goal side of the player before the keeper releases it, he has pace and relies on it, 90% of the time it pays off, so as long as he knows which man is his, then thats fine.

Communication was not as good last night either, I can bark orders all night long but the outfield players must tell each other which one they are picking up as several times we went two on one and they had a spare man.

Right thats it your all banned, france here I come.

I'm not saying he's not a good player im saying last night he didnt help out at the back, most games when he subs like everyone else he is all over the pitch but last night he refused to come off and then this is exactly what happened for atleast 3 of there goals

They play it forward to the scottish faggot
marks man runs through the middle(normally the kid in the messi shirt)
faggot squares it
they score

i shouted him more than a few times to watch his runner and thats why im wound up not because i dont like the guy or the way he plays. just because this kept happening and he was either not listening or too tired to track the runner. As far as im concerned, doesnt matter how many we score because if we concede more than we score then theres no point playing atall.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Crossie » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:13 pm

I heard its kicking off in here???
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:16 pm

Although I haven't heard your shout an I've told you the reason before, I'd know if I've let a man run past me though. I just don't think you read the game the same way I do.

Like I might close down that Messi lad, he squares it to black guy, so I run to try an close black guy down, meanwhile Messi has ran through an black guy manages to pass it too him. Not much I can do about that. You really think I just stand there an let people run past me? Do I fuck! I track my man, I close people down. I run my bollocks off.

Again, everyone else is quiet on this. I really want others to speak up either way. As it stands, I am told that I'm to blame for loads of goals last night. I either was or I wasn't. Which is it? Think me n Ashton goin back n forth ain't solvin anything now, rest of you lot need to step in either way.

Only reason I'm continuing with this is coz I think i'm bein made scapegoat, when I've done nowt wrong. Wanna see what everyone else thinks.
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby ashton287 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:07 pm

No because im not saying its all you, i'm saying i shouted you a few times and you ignored me. I didnt know its because your fucking deaf.

Only reason i've brought it up is because your saying that if you had stayed on we would have won, which is bullshit because you weren't getting back. Now you'r acting like jesus.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:53 pm

So we've gone from

ashton287 wrote:refuse to get back and defend 90% of the time

to
ashton287 wrote:back on my own about 7 times. 2 on 1 while you stood in there half

to
ashton287 wrote:this is exactly what happened for atleast 3 of there goals

to
ashton287 wrote:shouted for you personally about ten times

to
ashton287 wrote:i shouted you a few times

Yeah I was a dick for sayin that earlier about I woulda won it for us, an I admitted I was bein an arrogant prick at the time, I was frustrated, but I do believe there was more chance of us winning with our top goalscorers on the pitch, so however egotistical it was for me to say it, the principle was a fair one imo. That's only like sayin, there is more chance of us not losin with you at the back than anyone else coz you have saved us loads of times bein that last man. Same thing but in an attacking perspective.

I'm bored now. You've said your peice, i've said mine. Everyone else has stayed out of it. Its all good. See you next Monday.
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby Lee_Kinda » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:59 pm

You 2 better hug it up good and proper on monday!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ENIAM NAM » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:01 pm

I don't think Ashton and markmak can play in the same team. Tough choice for the manager WW! One of them will have to find a new forum!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum