Hughes/Platt Double Standards?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Hughes/Platt Double Standards?

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:11 am

Wooders wrote:wasn't "jobs for the boys" a major concern for the hughes out brigade?

Whereas on this occasion people have showed great pleasure of Platt appointment?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:12 am

He has been brought in to coach the first team as i understand it and the only question I have is , is he capable.The first team coach to date under Mancini has been Mancini! Does this mean that he recognises he wasn't doing well enough himself at the job? Interesting if that is the case.

As others have said Platt's CV doesnt shout out that he is qualified to coach City's first team but let's just trust the manager knows what he is doing. With luck I might get to see first hand what he does and report that he is the business but only results will really give the answer.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wooders » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:20 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Wooders wrote:wasn't "jobs for the boys" a major concern for the hughes out brigade?

Whereas on this occasion people have showed great pleasure of Platt appointment?

AM i reading that right? Are you having a go at bobby manc?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:26 am

I sincerely hope 'our Arsene Wenger' Has made a good call on this one because as soon as results dont start going his way people have got a big stick to start bashing him with.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:34 am

The 1st time I saw Hughes on tv for a City game was the derby when Neville fed the goat. 'Mark fucking Hughes!!' I thought . I was ready to loudly despise his typical rag excusing, Steve Bruce type, City hating comments when I watched the tape of the game. In fact, he came across as an even handed, honest, sensible bloke, without a hint of bitterness toward City & seemed to know what he was talking about. 'Best team won' etc etc, no problem.

I thought he did a fantastic job with the Welsh team & a great job with Blackburn, always seeming to be better organised & a step ahead of City, even when we thought our players were individually better (they weren't) & made many superb signings for little money . He wasn't my 1st choice but there was no reason imo to think he couldn't do the job. Still think the same.

The bloke we've just signed up is David fucking Platt.

That make it easier to understand?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:51 am

Ted Hughes wrote:The 1st time I saw Hughes on tv for a City game was the derby when Neville fed the goat. 'Mark fucking Hughes!!' I thought . I was ready to loudly despise his typical rag excusing, Steve Bruce type, City hating comments when I watched the tape of the game. In fact, he came across as an even handed, honest, sensible bloke, without a hint of bitterness toward City & seemed to know what he was talking about. 'Best team won' etc etc, no problem.

I thought he did a fantastic job with the Welsh team & a great job with Blackburn, always seeming to be better organised & a step ahead of City, even when we thought our players were individually better (they weren't) & made many superb signings for little money . He wasn't my 1st choice but there was no reason imo to think he couldn't do the job. Still think the same.

The bloke we've just signed up is David fucking Platt.

That make it easier to understand?

Thanks Ted, you tend to save me a lot of time on this site. Bang on the moneyy chief!
Original Dub

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:55 am

mcfc1632 wrote:I think people are getting confused about Platt - it is not just because he was a scum player - it is 90% down to the way he has spoken and acted with utter contempt about all things CITY - especially since the Sheik arrived - he drips disdain and contempt towards us - and now he wants on-board the gravy train - a very bad decision by CITY who pride themselves on being in-tune with the views of fans

This is EXACTLY why I'm against Platt.
Hughes has never slagged us off to my knowledge.
If Platt had never badmouthed us then as with Hughes, I'd have my reservations, but would get behind him.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:55 am

Wooders wrote:

What are you BTAJim now? I'm just going to say that I'm not one bit happy about Platt appointment. Hopefully he acts only as some sort of translator and has no real involvement with football things. He is a complete mong when it comes to football knowledge. AND a rag.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby The Foggy Blue » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:58 am

Don't like it when cunts slag City, so don't like it when same cunts get jobs there.
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Mike J » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:58 am

to be totally honest i never even knew he was a rag. ive just always hated the potato headed twat because he has slagged us off at every chance possible. i know he is only on the coaching team but im fucking gutted he is on the clubs payroll.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Crossie » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:05 am

Its a clever ploy by Mancini. If we start poorley, couple of losses and few draws, then we just hired a ready made scape goat. The fans would probably blame Platt because we all hate him so much. Taking the heat away from Mancini himself.

We've got someone to boo other than a player or the manager!

win win.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:10 am

i think the really big difference is that platt is going to be just another member of the coaching staff, so in that sense any comparisons with Hughes end. i cant see how any City fan would be welcoming of platt given his history of slagging us off.
Truth is we wont see or hear much from him, if he cant do his job then he will get the boot, if he can then it must mean there is something positive coming from him coaching. It still rankles that he is in any way a part of City, but this time next year most of us wont even know if he is still on the books and probably care even less.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:44 am

brite blu sky wrote:i think the really big difference is that platt is going to be just another member of the coaching staff, so in that sense any comparisons with Hughes end. i cant see how any City fan would be welcoming of platt given his history of slagging us off.
Truth is we wont see or hear much from him, if he cant do his job then he will get the boot, if he can then it must mean there is something positive coming from him coaching. It still rankles that he is in any way a part of City, but this time next year most of us wont even know if he is still on the books and probably care even less.

He's going to be there on the bench at every game with his stupid, weird, fucking Robocop without the helmet face. Somehow I'm going to have to blot him out, but in the whole world of football, Platt's face is near the top of the list for ones I'd like to punch in.

This is not going to be easy.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:46 am

Wooders wrote:

What are you BTAJim now? I'm just going to say that I'm not one bit happy about Platt appointment. Hopefully he acts only as some sort of translator and has no real involvement with football things. He is a complete mong when it comes to football knowledge. AND a rag.

Well I suppose it's more of a response to KK that the only double standards I can see is that Mancini is allowed to have jobs for the boys and hughes wasn't
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:48 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:i think the really big difference is that platt is going to be just another member of the coaching staff, so in that sense any comparisons with Hughes end. i cant see how any City fan would be welcoming of platt given his history of slagging us off.

He's going to be there on the bench at every game with his stupid, weird, fucking Robocop without the helmet face. Somehow I'm going to have to blot him out, but in the whole world of football, Platt's face is near the top of the list for ones I'd like to punch in.

Awesome.

Has anyone ever seen Peter Weller and Pratt in the same room.

He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby irblinx » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:48 am

The scum link is of no consequence to me whatsoever other than the fact he was obviously bitter and slagged us all the time. I just hate the useless waste of breath, failed manager, rubbish pundit, maybe Bob knows something we don't and Pratt will prove us all wrong but I doubt it
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:52 am

I wonder if it's too late to have it written into his contract that he has to wear a paper bag on his head at matches.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:54 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

hmm your right.. i forgot about the fact he will be sat on the bench.. shit this is not going to go well, the fans sat closest to him are going to give him non-stop abuse for the whole seasons home games, if god forbid things dont go well at the beginning of the season this would then spread and get completely out of hand..
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby BobKowalski » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:54 am

Wooders wrote:
Wooders wrote:

Well I suppose it's more of a response to KK that the only double standards I can see is that Mancini is allowed to have jobs for the boys and hughes wasn't

How do you work that one out? Mancini's 'boys appointment' is getting a universal kicking - even from people who support Mancini - 5 minutes after it was announced. Bowen had to wait until we were playing actual games. Or am I missing the thread supporting Platt's appointment?
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby btajim » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:05 pm

Most Managers bring their own Backroom Staff with them. The difference here being that Platt has never worked for Mancini as a Coach.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum