Hughes/Platt Double Standards?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Hughes/Platt Double Standards?

Postby btajim » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:42 am

john68 wrote:Jim,
I take it that you have fallen out with your cat and need someone to take your anguish out on. Or have you been mixing the cat food with yours and have had an allergic reaction.
Not to worry, I hope you recover soon.
You enjoy having a little tantrum about Platt if it is therapeutic for you...it might do you good
God bless.

Worst. Comeback. Ever.

Why didn't you go the extra mile and make a snide dig about my sexuality? That's not like you. And you also replied without gesturing about something which happened in the 1960's. Obviously relevant to the hideous mutated beast which masquerades as Professional Football in 2010.

I'm struggling to find many Posters throwing their full support behind the appointment of David Platt. It's up there with the people against the Abu Dhabi takeover.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:55 am

King Kev wrote:
King Kev wrote:Those of us who didn't like hughes from the start got a pretty hard time form certain people on here. Whether we disliked him because he is a mune or because we just didn't think he was up to the job we were met with, almost universal, calls to 'get behind him' and 'give him time' etc etc etc

Now that platt has joined our club it seems that pretty much everybody is against the idea (and quite rightly so imo).

So, I was just wondering if those who called for us to get behind hughes but are now saying they disagree with the signing of platt could explain the difference please?

Are you guilty of double standards or is there a glaring difference between the 2 that I have missed?

Thanks

So the answer to my question, rather predictably, is that nobody is guilty of double standards and I have just misunderstood the situation.

Ok then.

And, rather predictably, you've chosen to ignore all the decent responses and well thought out arguments to your shitty wind up thread.

Hughes has gone, get over it.
Last edited by Buffalo Soldier on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:12 pm

KK, you seem to be missing ol' sparky pretty hard mate, so:

http://soccerlens.com/tags/people/mark-hughes/

browse to your heart's content!
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Not really any double standards is there. One of them was hated because he was a Rag Player and somewhat unproven Top Manager/Coach, whereas the other is Rag Fan and somewhat Shit Manager/Coach who has nothing but bile drooling out of his mouth if he ever needs to mention our name.

Both hated for different reasons, but only one is truly justified!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum