Team for the Spurs away game?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Team for the Spurs away game?

Postby Stevie irelands lost wig » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:07 pm

So, what do you THINK and WANT the starting 11 for the away trip to Spurs on the first day of the season?

Include anyone you believe will join and indeed the players that have joined (obviously), would be interesting to see your opinions and thoughts. Also give a lowdown on the formation etc.

Think:

....................Given......................

Boateng.....Toure.....Lescott......Kolarov

.............Toure......De Jong..............
Johnson..................................Silva

............Tevez.......Adebayor............

I think Bobby will play a normal 442 with De Jong in the middle instead of Barry. The reason being that I think De Jong adds more steel to the midfield that we'll need for an away trip to WHL!

Want:
.....................Given...................

Boateng....Kompany...Lescott....Kolarov

......................Toure...................
Johnson.............................,Robinho
......................Silva.....................

...............Tevez....Adebayor...........

I'd like to see the diamond played just to see us have a go at Spuds and give them a good game. From what I've read on reviews and fan opinions on websites etc. Silva is more effective in the Attacking Midfielder role that he played for Valencia than he is out wide. I know some posters aren't going to agree with me slipping Robinho in there but I honestly think that with the players that we're bringing in and a midfielder who can sweep up play and boss it, he will thrive - just my opinion.

So, agree or disagree?

Let's see yours ...
Stevie irelands lost wig
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Re: Team for the Spurs away game?

Postby Wooders » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:01 am

Ideally...

Given
Boeteng Kompany Lescott Kolorov
De Jong Toure
Silva.................bellars
Tevez....... Dzeko
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:05 am

Possibly a bit early on this one? We're sure to sign a big name striker soon, among others.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beeks » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:28 am

Wooders wrote:Ideally...

Given
Boeteng Kompany Lescott Kolorov
De Jong Toure
Silva.................bellars
Tevez....... Dzeko

fuck yes!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Vhero » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:40 am

Stevie irelands lost wig wrote:So, what do you THINK and WANT the starting 11 for the away trip to Spurs on the first day of the season?

Include anyone you believe will join and indeed the players that have joined (obviously), would be interesting to see your opinions and thoughts. Also give a lowdown on the formation etc.

Think:

I think Bobby will play a normal 442 with De Jong in the middle instead of Barry. The reason being that I think De Jong adds more steel to the midfield that we'll need for an away trip to WHL!

Want:

I'd like to see the diamond played just to see us have a go at Spuds and give them a good game. From what I've read on reviews and fan opinions on websites etc. Silva is more effective in the Attacking Midfielder role that he played for Valencia than he is out wide. I know some posters aren't going to agree with me slipping Robinho in there but I honestly think that with the players that we're bringing in and a midfielder who can sweep up play and boss it, he will thrive - just my opinion.

So, agree or disagree?

Let's see yours ...

I just want to know why you keep putting our naturally left winger on the right in both instances? He obviously plays a lot better on the left as we have seen.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Stevie irelands lost wig » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:33 am

Vhero wrote:
Stevie irelands lost wig wrote:So, what do you THINK and WANT the starting 11 for the away trip to Spurs on the first day of the season?

Think:

Want:

So, agree or disagree?

Let's see yours ...

I just want to know why you keep putting our naturally left winger on the right in both instances? He obviously plays a lot better on the left as we have seen.

I personally prefer to see wingers being able to cut inside onto their natural foot. Ala Craig Bellamy last season. Ronaldinho in his days at Barcelona, Messi at Barcelona today and Robinho wherever he plays.

I know comparing Johnson to them is too much but they're all still wingers ...
Stevie irelands lost wig
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Return to The Maine Football forum