Stuart Taylor Leaves City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Stuart Taylor Leaves City

Postby King Kev » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:55 am

He's not had his contract renewed.

Hopefully that means no more loan spells for Hart!!

[urlnp=http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/July/Stuart-Taylor-leaves-Manchester-City]LINK[/urlnp]
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Stuart Taylor Leaves City

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:57 am

He was crap.

Given and Hart is the only way to go. And I dont care if one of them 'doesn't like sitting on the bench'.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:06 am

john@staustell wrote:He was crap.

Given and Hart is the only way to go. And I dont care if one of them 'doesn't like sitting on the bench'.

This.

That said Stu never moaned about not playing and was a good servant of the club, as such i wish him all the best in his future career.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Wooders » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:08 am

good luck to the guy - he's a decent'ish keeper so should find a new home with ease

Looks like Given vs Hart next season, delighted.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Vhero » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:09 am

Was always clueless to why we signed him and let Kasper go in the first place who had a couple of years left on his contract.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Haz » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:11 am

Vhero wrote:Was always clueless to why we signed him and let Kasper go in the first place who had a couple of years left on his contract.

Kasper wanted to leave to get regular game time, and wasn't willing to fight for his place.
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby Vhero » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:14 am

Haz wrote:
Vhero wrote:Was always clueless to why we signed him and let Kasper go in the first place who had a couple of years left on his contract.

Kasper wanted to leave to get regular game time, and wasn't willing to fight for his place.

At the time Talyor wasn't brought in to fight for Givens place though was he?? He was brought in as a back up something Kasper could have clearly done.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Slim » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:15 am

Vhero wrote:
Haz wrote:

At the time Talyor wasn't brought in to fight for Givens place though was he?? He was brought in as a back up something Kasper could have clearly done.

Yeah, but Taylor came in and was happy to sit on the bench as backup. Kasper still has aspirations of being a 1st team keeper and would moan like a motherfucker if he was stuck on the bench.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:19 am

Bullseye.

Taylor was a joke. And if either of Given or Hart don't fancy sitting on the bench, then that's their fucking problem.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Haz » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:20 am

Vhero wrote:
Haz wrote:

Aye, but if a player is unhappy and wants to leave, whats the point in keeping him here?
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:11 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Bullseye.

Taylor was a joke. And if either of Given or Hart don't fancy sitting on the bench, then that's their fucking problem.

This

If Hart or Given dont like being sub keeper, well they have a phrase for that in Russian - Toughskis

As for Stuart Taylor, at least he managed to get a game in his non-descript City keeping career, unlike the Belgian Legend that KK signed, Geert De Vlieger - anyone remember him!
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:25 am

I don't think Given or Hart should sit on the bench, I think we should use both of them in a similar number of games provided they both perform. Both should be worked in with the defence so they both have the communication/ understanding & then they should both play regularly. We should have a lot of games. I don't believe it will harm either keeper to play half each, the only question is communication with the defence which, if they establish a method both can use, shouldn't be any more of a problem than any other position. There's too much bollox talked about it imo. The only keeper to spot a fucking short corner & warn the defence was Fullop!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:32 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't think Given or Hart should sit on the bench, I think we should use both of them in a similar number of games provided they both perform. Both should be worked in with the defence so they both have the communication/ understanding & then they should both play regularly. We should have a lot of games. I don't believe it will harm either keeper to play half each, the only question is communication with the defence which, if they establish a method both can use, shouldn't be any more of a problem than any other position. There's too much bollox talked about it imo. The only keeper to spot a fucking short corner & warn the defence was Fullop!

Man management is an important part of a manager's role and so far I haven't seen a great deal that tells me it is a strength of Mancini.It will be fascinating to see which of the apparently unsettled players are still with us at the start of the season and equally fascinating to see what first teams lines up for us to start with. If all of Nedum,Micah,Stevie and SWP are still with us plus Joe and some others ( could even be Robinho!) Mancini has a hell of a job on.If he doesnt get it right and at the same time it isnt going well on the pitch we could have an England scenario ahead of us.

From the rumours I heard Joe would not be happy to be number 2 but I am sure Shay wouldnt be either. My preference , as I see them about equal , would be to start with Joe as he is most definitely the future.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john68 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:23 pm

It was clearly nescessary for Hart to get 1st team experience and gain prem experience, going on loan was the only way that would happen. Sitting on the bench at City would have meant stagnation for him and be of no benefit to us.
Taylor filled the gap until Hart returned.

I don't thin k there is much difference between Hart and given at the mo but believe Hart is the better option in the long term. Time for Joe to take his place between the sticks for us...Sorry Shay...but that's how the mop flops.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby btajim » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:29 pm

How were you able to guage his ability to do a job for City when he barely had a chance to? It was sheer bad luck that he was injured when Given missed the end of last season.

I'd welcome picking a number one and sticking with them - but also giving the reserve Keeper a chance as and when. i.e. Carling Cup, less significant European Matches. Just to keep the competition going.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Good luck to him in the future.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:41 pm

btajim wrote:

How were you able to guage his ability to do a job for City when he barely had a chance to? It was sheer bad luck that he was injured when Given missed the end of last season.

I'd welcome picking a number one and sticking with them - but also giving the reserve Keeper a chance as and when. i.e. Carling Cup, less significant European Matches. Just to keep the competition going.

He DID play for us, partucularly pre-season, and I watched him. He was crap.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby btajim » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:37 pm

john@staustell wrote:He DID play for us, partucularly pre-season, and I watched him. He was crap.

I didn't say he didn't play for us. Pre-season friendlies are a glorified training session. You can't make a judgement on the Guy until he's had a proper run.

I'm as indifferent to his departure as I am to Ellegaard or any other barely used Keeper.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:43 pm

Best of luck to him, it was always going to be a one-off seasons cover whilst Joe was out and about
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:13 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Bullseye.

Well if its Hart warming his botty on the bench its Englands fucking problem!
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum