Thursday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:12 am

Aston Villa's James Milner may follow £24m David Silva to Manchester City
Manchester City are ready to take their summer spending towards £90 million by attempting to lure James Milner from Aston Villa after completing the £24 million signing of Valencia forward David Silva.
Silva, currently in South Africa with Spain's World Cup squad, has agreed a four-year contract at Eastlands, despite interest from Real Madrid and Chelsea.
Man City had feared that Real would win the race for the 24 year-old, but Silva has rejected overtures from the Bernabeu to move to the Premier League.
With Germany defender Jerome Boateng having tied up a £10.5 million move from Hamburg last month and Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure having agreed a £26 million transfer from the Nou Camp, which will be officially rubber-stamped by the end of the week, Silva's arrival has taken City's summer investment beyond £60 million.
And despite Milner's unremarkable World Cup campaign with England, City manager Roberto Mancini remains keen to add the midfielder to his squad before they fly to the United States for a training camp and pre-season tour on July 12.
Aston Villa want around £30 million for Milner after rejecting a £20 million last month. But while City are prepared to increase their bid, they are now waiting on Milner's camp to signal their intentions before returning to Villa with a new offer.
The capture of Silva is a major coup for City, however. Despite his absence from the starting line-up of Spain's last two World Cup fixtures, he was a key figure in the Euro 2008 success and is regarded as one of Europe's brightest talents.
Silva, who will undergo a medical following the World Cup, said: "The time is right for me to seek a new challenge, and I am thrilled about playing in England with Manchester City.
"There has been a lot of speculation about me, but I need to fully concentrate on playing for Spain in the World Cup.
"That is why my advisers have been dealing with City for me so that I can have my attentions only on South Africa and playing well for my national team."
City manager Mancini now expects Silva's arrival to tempt more leading players to move to Eastlands.
He said: "In signing David, we are showing the world that we are bringing the best players here and that we hope to compete to win the Premier League.
"When players see what is happening at Manchester City and the ambition they are attracted to what we are building and want to be a part of it."

Fresh doubt over Toure's protracted Manchester City transfer
What will surely prove to be one of the summer's lengthiest transfer sagas has taken a new twist, with claims in the Spanish media that Yaya Toure could stay at Barcelona after all and not move to Manchester City .
It was reported two days ago that Manchester City have agreed to pay 30 million euros for Toure and that City's executive director Gary Cook had a four hour meeting with Toure, Barcelona officials and the player's agent at the Hotel Miramar in Barcelona to finalize the deal. Toure then reportedly underwent and passed a Manchester City medical at a local medical centre. The only remaining issue over the deal appeared to be the question of how much money Toure's outspoken agent, Dimitry Selcuk will receive.
However, the deal has taken a fresh twist. According to Spanish daily Mundo Deportivo, the transfer was agreed by Barcelona's old board, headed by former club president Joan Laporta. With Sandro Rosell now heading a fresh administration at the Nou Camp, the new Barcelona board must approve the deal for Toure. As a result "the agreement between the two sides has expired", according to Mundo Deportivo and the two sides will have to agree a fee again from scratch.
An additional complication is that Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola apparently wants to keep Toure if possible and will use this window of opportunity to persuade him to stay. Toure's prime motivation for leaving the Nou Camp is to play more first-team football and although Guardiola cannot guarantee more playing time, he considers him a valuable player and wants to keep him at Barcelona.
Toure played 34 times for the La Liga champions last campaign, scoring one goal and chipping in with six assists. The Ivory Coast international was set to be out of contract at Barcelona at the end of the 2011/2012 season. If he does eventually become part of Roberto Mancini's City squad, Toure will join his brother Kolo at Eastlands.

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Liverpool-bound Roy Hodgson wants to spend the £15m transfer budget he will be handed when he checks in as boss at Anfield on Gilberto Silva, Brede Hangeland, Rafael van der Vaart and Danny Murphy. Daily Mail

After spending much of the World Cup warming the bench for Spain, Barcelona transfer target midfielder Cesc Fabregas may stay at Arsenal after all. Daily Mirror

West Ham are closing in on a deal to sign Brazilian wonderkid Neymar on a season-long loan, before the 18-year-old Santos forward then joins Chelsea in a year's time. Daily Mail

Sunderland are close to signing Nigeria striker John Utaka from Portsmouth in a £2m deal. Daily Mail

Sunderland have bid £7m for England defender Matthew Upson - an offer that may tempt cash-strapped West Ham. Daily Mirror

Fulham have rejected a £6m bid from Birmingham for striker Bobby Zamora, while Burnley striker Robbie Blake has joined Bolton on a free transfer. Daily Mail

Fulham have targeted West Ham striker Carlton Cole as a ready-made replacement for Zamora, who is set to follow manager Roy Hodgson out of Craven Cottage. Daily Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
Roy Hodgson's two-year contract as Liverpool manager, which is expected to be signed on Thursday, will not contain a release clause allowing him to take the England job. Daily Telegraph

Disarray within the Football Assocation could hurt England's chances of successfully bidding for the 2018 World Cup, with Fifa unhappy that interim chairman Roger Burden did not attend England's defeat by Germany in Bloemfontein on Sunday.Daily Telegraph
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Vhero » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:27 am

Chinners wrote:Liverpool-bound Roy Hodgson wants to spend the £15m transfer budget he will be handed when he checks in as boss at Anfield on Gilberto Silva, Brede Hangeland, Rafael van der Vaart and Danny Murphy. Daily Mail
Telegraph

How far the fucking mighty have fallen!!!!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby kinkylola » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:34 am

Talk about unprofessional ... You cannot call a redo on a transfer just because the leadership changed after the deal was made and before it was completed.

What a fucking convenient way to get out of any transfers. Is there any precedent for this? I fucking hope Barca get called out on this
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beeks » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:39 am

kinkylola wrote:Talk about unprofessional ... You cannot call a redo on a transfer just because the leadership changed after the deal was made and before it was completed.

What a fucking convenient way to get out of any transfers. Is there any precedent for this? I fucking hope Barca get called out on this

It won't happen...Yaya will still come to City...this is just politics...new president coming in...Yaya is popular with the fans and they just want to seem like they are making at least some effort to keep him...that way the new administration looks good
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:41 am

Liverpool-bound Roy Hodgson wants to spend the £15m transfer budget he will be handed when he checks in as boss at Anfield on Gilberto Silva, Brede Hangeland, Rafael van der Vaart and Danny Murphy. Daily Mail

How the hell would he be getting all those players for 15m? Van der Vaart alone will not go for less than 10-14m. Hangeland would cost around the same.

And Danny Murphy?????? He was decent first time around and I've always liked him as player but surely his next stop is in Championship??
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:42 am

Vhero wrote:
Chinners wrote:Liverpool-bound Roy Hodgson wants to spend the £15m transfer budget he will be handed when he checks in as boss at Anfield on Gilberto Silva, Brede Hangeland, Rafael van der Vaart and Danny Murphy. Daily Mail
Telegraph

I'd take two of them to be fair.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Chinners » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:51 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

How the hell would he be getting all those players for 15m? Van der Vaart alone will not go for less than 10-14m. Hangeland would cost around the same.

And Danny Murphy?????? He was decent first time around and I've always liked him as player but surely his next stop is in Championship??

The rumour going round bollox towers is that Mascherano for £25m to Barca and Gerrard for £20m to Real Madrid are done deals now apparently, so add that to the £15mil and it's more than possible
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby colonel_muck » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:25 am

i am not psyched about toure. we have NDJ, and failing that Komps or Zab to fill in. What is the point of getting so many defensive midfielders?
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Vhero » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:48 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
Vhero wrote:
Telegraph

I'd take two of them to be fair.

I know but they are not linked to the huge names anymore and are also being linked to names like Danny Murphy
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues-clues » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:39 am

West Ham are closing in on a deal to sign Brazilian wonder kid Neymar on a season-long loan, before the 18-year-old Santos forward then joins Chelsea in a year's time. Daily Mail

I thought we had first dibs on this kid as part of the Knobinho deal???
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Vhero » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:16 am

blues-clues wrote:West Ham are closing in on a deal to sign Brazilian wonder kid Neymar on a season-long loan, before the 18-year-old Santos forward then joins Chelsea in a year's time. Daily Mail

We do but Chelsea are courting him and have been for a long time now. We still do have dibs on him mate this is good for us the deal as we can see if he shows signs of making it in the prem and he has expressed his disinterest at us in the past but if we get top four this season he will quickly change his mind no doubt. So him going on loan stops other clubs from buying him for now at least.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Feed The Goat » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:17 am

blues-clues wrote:West Ham are closing in on a deal to sign Brazilian wonder kid Neymar on a season-long loan, before the 18-year-old Santos forward then joins Chelsea in a year's time. Daily Mail

sky sports news reporting that santos have rejected 12.5 million
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby btajim » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:33 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

He'll sell so he can buy. There's going to be some big wage earners at Liverpool.

PMSL @ their transfer budget, though. 15 Million! Even a manager as shrewd as Hodgson will struggle to rejuvinate the Club on that.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Return to The Maine Football forum