New World Order

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

New World Order

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:58 pm

The Silva signing underlines a scenario that has been panning out for months now, with rumoured and/or confirmed City summits with Real, Barca and Chelsea, most recently in the last days of the season.

Silva's kind words (nice fella) underline that if Real or Barca don't want a player, then he is as near as dammit ours. As I said many times, they love dosh, not Champions League bollox.

Real signed De Maria, leaving Silva for us. Barca has Villa and left Silva to us. Now the word is Kolarov will join us as Real cannot reach agreement with Lazio by a long way, whereas we might well.

Touré getting left out by Barca, should move to City.

The only unclear thing is Chelsea's position. I'm not sure if they are still keeping clear of big spending, or whether Silva did actually favour us in a straight race.

Happy days.
Last edited by john@staustell on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: New World Order

Postby Mike J » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:59 pm

i still reckon chelsea will pull off a massive signing. they need strengthening. i reckon pato, ozil or kaka.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beeks » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:00 pm

Yeah Chelsea have been quite so far...I expect that to change
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Feed The Goat » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:39 pm

I think Chelsea will go the way of buying youngsters who can step up to replace the older members of there squad.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:41 pm

Can we sign Pato? That kid is gonna be lethal.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:44 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:I think Chelsea will go the way of buying youngsters who can step up to replace the older members of there squad.

I think City are also doing that to build a squad for the future, whilst finalising a competetive squad for the present.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby dazby » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:09 am

Slim wrote:Can we sign Pato? That kid is gonna be lethal.

No. Now stop acting like a spoilt brat. Go to your room.....oh, you're already there. Well, stay there.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am

john@staustell wrote:The Silva signing underlines a scenario that has been panning out for months now, with rumoured and/or confirmed City summits with Real, Barca and Chelsea, most recently in the last days of the season.

Silva's kind words (nice fella) underline that if Real or Barca don't want a player, then he is as near as dammit ours. As I said many times, they love dosh, not Champions League bollox.

Real signed De Maria, leaving Silva for us. Barca has Villa and left Silva to us. Now the word is Kolarov will join us as Real cannot reach agreement with Lazio by a long way, whereas we might well.

Touré getting left out by Barca, should move to City.

The only unclear thing is Chelsea's position. I'm not sure if they are still keeping clear of big spending, or whether Silva did actually favour us in a straight race.

Happy days.

Quite right John, I've always said I don't believe that chumps league is important to all these players. Just that traditionally (well at least since 93 when the gravy train started) that's where the money was. I've always read "want's c/l football" as "want's big money"
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:00 pm

The Silva deal certainly puts up at the top table.

If Mancini can bring together the players to form a TEAM we will have great entertainment and success.

Bring on our next signing.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Return to The Maine Football forum