Roy Hodgson named as new Liverpool FC manager

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Roy Hodgson named as new Liverpool FC manager

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:58 pm

IMO Roy Hodgson is a very good manager. He has a track record in a number of countries. I'm delighted for him that he has been given a job at one of the 'big' English clubs. He should have an understanding of how hard it will be and that realistically Gerrard and Torres will go. He will not have signed without having his eyes wide open. The financial situation is a huge mess with no short term end in sight - I doubt new backing will come in before this transfer window closes.

He built a team at Fulham and will do so at Liverpool. They will be hard to beat but will not be the force they have been.

Liverpool have made a good appointment. It will not be down to Hodgson that they fail to qualify for Europe - others around them like Everton & Villa will just be too good for them.

I am confident that City will continue to move away from Liverpool and challenge for the top honours.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby zuricity » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Bojinov's left foot wrote:IMO Roy Hodgson is a very good manager. He has a track record in a number of countries. I'm delighted for him that he has been given a job at one of the 'big' English clubs. He should have an understanding of how hard it will be and that realistically Gerrard and Torres will go. He will not have signed without having his eyes wide open. The financial situation is a huge mess with no short term end in sight - I doubt new backing will come in before this transfer window closes.

He built a team at Fulham and will do so at Liverpool. They will be hard to beat but will not be the force they have been.

Liverpool have made a good appointment. It will not be down to Hodgson that they fail to qualify for Europe - others around them like Everton & Villa will just be too good for them.

I am confident that City will continue to move away from Liverpool and challenge for the top honours.

Boj, agree with everything you say. I just do not believe that Hodgson will get the time he needs to turn it around.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Vhero » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:21 pm

I honestly think Liverpool right now are a sinking ship and Hodgson won't be able to save them. Gerrards not getting any younger and from Torres World Cup so far I would say he is having problems and probably won't make the beginning of the season again for them. He probably won't last a year and I feel sorry for Fulham fans as when they watch him get sacked they will be pissed off as he was great for them but didn't have a chance at the scouse as those owners will want champions league this season and give him next to no cash to get there. You seen there first 6 games??

August
14 Arsenal (H)
21 Man City (A)
28 West Brom (H)
September
11 Birmingham (A)
18 Man Utd (A)
25 Sunderland (H)

That's a fucking horrible start. Ours is almost as bad though to be fair..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Goataldo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:57 pm

I think it's a great signing for Liverpool. He's a shrewd manager with loads of nous, and as for the players maybe not respecting him -that just doesn't compute with me. He's a well respected manager, he's managed at international level as well as in Europe and England, and he turned Fulham into a well oiled machine.

Hope he has an aboslute nightmare and they go bust, but I think he'll do well.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum