Tuesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:39 am

Toure passes Manchester City medical, agent fee delaying deal
The protracted transfer of Yaya Toure to Manchester City is coming to a close, with only the question of the agent's fee to be resolved.
Toure made it clear he wishes to leave the Nou Camp some time ago, given his failure to hold down a regular starting 11 place last season at Barcelona. Manchester City have always been considered front-runners to sign the midfielder and now Toure appears to be finally on his way to Eastlands.
The Ivory Coast international played 34 times for the La Liga champions last campaign, scoring one goal and chipping in with six assists. He was set to be out of contract at Barcelona at the end of the 2011/2012 season.
According to Spanish daily 'Sport', Barcelona director general Joan Oliver confirmed that the clubs have agreed a deal, saying, "It is true that there is an agreement with City for Toure."
'Sport' claims that Manchester City have agreed to pay 30 million euros for Toure and that City's executive director Gary Cook had a four hour meeting with Toure, Barcelona officials and the player's agent at the Hotel Miramar in Barcelona to finalize the deal yesterday. Toure then reportedly underwent and passed a Manchester City medical at a local medical centre.
Apparently, the only thing holding up the deal is the question of how much Toure's outspoken agent, Dimitry Selcuk will receive. Once Selcuk's fee has been finalized, Toure will become part of Roberto Mancini's squad, joining his brother Kolo at Eastlands.

Mancini hoping for £25m Silva lining
Manchester City have stepped up their bid to sign David Silva after Garry Cook flew to Valencia for further talks.
Cook is trying to agree a fee with the Spanish outfit and is refusing to pay their £30million asking price for the winger.
The Blues' chief met Valencia president Manuel Llorente yesterday and feels £25million is a more realistic price for the Spain star.
Valencia have floated the idea of including Roque Santa Cruz as a makeweight in the deal and are keen on City's Paraguayan striker.
City were given permission last week to speak to Silva's camp and feel they are close to an agreement on personal terms.
Chelsea are monitoring developments and City feel they can trump them with their £160,000-a-week contract offer.

City are also pressing ahead with their interest in Lazio left back Aleksandar Kolarov after his move to Real Madrid stalled.
(See Monday's bollox)

Mancini keen to hang onto Wales captain Bellamy
CARDIFF CITY’S dreams of landing Craig Bellamy look to be over with Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini insisting he wants to hold onto the Wales captain.
The 30-year-old striker’s days at Eastlands seemed numbered with Bellamy reportedly unsettled at the club and at odds with the Italian.
The Bluebirds were hopeful of securing a loan deal to bring the striker back to his hometown club.
Those hopes were given a boost when Bellamy seemed to suggest he himself might be keen on such a move.
But Mancini has now said he holds Bellamy in the “highest regard” and insists he has a role to play as Manchester City look to secure a Champions League spot next season.
Mancini has hailed Bellamy’s passion and insists he is a vital component in a nucleus of British players he wants to hold onto at the club.
Bellamy had also been linked with a move to Champions League-bound Tottenham.
But it was Cardiff who were hoping to pull off the coup of the summer by bringing him home to the Welsh capital.
Cardiff City director Steve Borley admitted it was an ambitious dream, but one the Bluebirds were keen to hold onto.
But the big stumbling block has been over Bellamy’s reported £90,000-a-week pay packet.
Cardiff had hoped if he did move to the Bluebirds, Manchester City might pay a considerable amount of that – but that does not appear to be the case. Meanwhile Cardiff midfielder Joe Ledley is inching closer to the exit door at his hometown club.
The 23-year-old is out of contract this summer and, despite the offer of an improved deal from the Bluebirds, is looking likely to leave.
Premiership Stoke have emerged as favourites to sign the Wales international.
If Ledley joins the Potters Cardiff would receive a compensation payment for a player who has been with the Bluebirds since the age of nine.

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.boxofficefootball.com/wag-of ... ssa-satta/

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp and chairman Daniel Levy have put a package together to try and get the better of Arsenal in the battle to sign England midfielder Joe Cole.
Daily Mirror

Spurs are also rumoured to be ready to make an offer for Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick to return to White Hart Lane and are willing to offer Russian forward Roman Pavlyuchenko as part of the deal.
caughtoffside.com

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce is back on the trail of Mainz striker Aristide Bance who would cost the club around £3.5m
Daily Mail

Former England goalkeeper Richard Wright is set to reject West Ham to be reunited with new Crystal Palace boss George Burley.
Daily Mail

Birmingham are back in contention to sign Standard Liege striker Dieumerci Mbokani after his proposed move to Fulham fell through. Daily Mail

OTHER BOLLOX
Liverpool remain hopeful of appointing Fulham manager Roy Hodgson before the end of the week, which will be a further blow to England's hopes of him taking over from Fabio Capello, if the Italian decides to leave his job after England's World Cup disaster.
Daily Mail

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has admitted pleading with midfielder Mikel Arteta to stay at Goodison Park. Arsenal and Manchester City are interested but Everton have opened discussions on a new contract with the Spaniard.
Daily Mail

Striker Christian Benitez has failed his work permit English test for a second time, putting in doubts his hopes of finding another Premier League club after leaving Birmingham following a season-long loan.
Daily Mirror
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:28 am

Seluk's fee has always been in black & white - 20% of the fee receive by Barca. This was agreed when the agent ceded the 50% of Touré's ownership he had when the player left Monaco.

If City are trying to 'renegotiate' then it reminds me of the Eto'o saga, when we refused to pay a fee big enough to cover the (ridiculous) €16M loyalty fee that Eto'o was contractually due, and leave Barca with enough dosh left over.

I'm all for City making a stand, but sometimes it's not possible against legal obligations, just against random fees - until these parasites are stamped out forever.

Having said all that I can't believe we've come this far without resolving the matter, and this was probably the cause of Seluk's 'City paupers' comment a couple of weeks ago.

Yaya should rock up this week.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:28 am

Top wag today!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Dronny » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:37 am

Vhero wrote:Top wag today!

I'd adjust her "shirt" for her....
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Fish111 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:11 am

Everton lad at our place reckons Arteta is off back to Spain (Real Sociadad) because his son is blind and he wants him brought up around his family. Sad if true.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby ant london » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:21 am

Fish111 wrote:Everton lad at our place reckons Arteta is off back to Spain (Real Sociadad) because his son is blind and he wants him brought up around his family. Sad if true.

I read that yesterday....apparently is true.

Very sad
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:26 am

ant london wrote:
Fish111 wrote:Everton lad at our place reckons Arteta is off back to Spain (Real Sociadad) because his son is blind and he wants him brought up around his family. Sad if true.

I read that yesterday....apparently is true.

Very sad

Everton have denied that according to the 'Theiving Bleating Wankers Post' or whatever the local paper's called in Liverpool.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:23 pm

Dronny wrote:
Vhero wrote:Top wag today!

I'd adjust her "shirt" for her....

I think she is in part responsible for the current meltdown of this site. She is smokin' hot
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum