Robinho vs. DeJong

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho vs. DeJong

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:51 am

Wooders wrote:
StrikeAnywhere wrote:oh i really hate the dutch bar de jong, they get right under my fucking skin

theres two things I can't stand, people who are intollerant of other peoples cultures..... and the dutch !

I recently spent a full day & night on the piss with a bunch of Dutch folk I've never met before & found them to be superb folk. I forgot they were in it or I would have been supporting them before the Argies.

They have so many good players yet don't seem to produce the level they're capable of (sounds like some folk close to home). If they do actually produce the goods though, they could win the whole thing.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:00 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Wooders wrote:
StrikeAnywhere wrote:oh i really hate the dutch bar de jong, they get right under my fucking skin

theres two things I can't stand, people who are intollerant of other peoples cultures..... and the dutch !

I recently spent a full day & night on the piss with a bunch of Dutch folk I've never met before & found them to be superb folk. I forgot they were in it or I would have been supporting them before the Argies.

They have so many good players yet don't seem to produce the level they're capable of (sounds like some folk close to home). If they do actually produce the goods though, they could win the whole thing.

I was quoting one of my favourite lines from Austin Powers, I don't really hate the dutch, or any other nation for that matter !
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:04 am

Rag_hater wrote:The ones on here who want one of our players to do damage to another one of our players(no any player) should be ashamed of yourselves.

Football isn't a contact sport, right? So who rattled your cage?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:07 am

Wooders wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Wooders wrote:

I was quoting one of my favourite lines from Austin Powers, I don't really hate the dutch, or any other nation for that matter !

Oh I didn't think you were being serious mate. Just mentioning that I'd had a good time with the Dutch recently.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:13 am

i rekon it will be an interesting clash between both our lads. As indeed it will be between Brazil and the Dutch.
Bear in mind Nige has experience of playing against Robson in training.. if that will count for anything i dont know. One thing i have begun to notice about Robinho is that he often pauses in front of defenders rather than play a one touch pass and i have seen that defenders have started to anticipate this pause and stab the ball away. Nige will certainly have advice for his teammates on how to deal with Robbie, whether they can is another matter.
The other thing is Brazil look solid and also look like they are beginning to improve, but i would question how good an opposition they have come up against so far. They do look like they can defend, but then Chile cut through them a fair few times only to snatch their finishes or smack it at the keeper. Brazil still look like they ride their luck at times. And it is that luck that i think will again prove the difference.. with Brazil creating their own luck in front of the Dutch goal.

Anyway wont DeJong be more likely to be cutting out Kaka than Robbie?

One thing is for sure this is when the WC comes into its own with the better teams facing up to each other and the outcome really a big unknown.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:22 am

brite blu sky wrote:i rekon it will be an interesting clash between both our lads. As indeed it will be between Brazil and the Dutch.
Bear in mind Nige has experience of playing against Robson in training.. if that will count for anything i dont know. One thing i have begun to notice about Robinho is that he often pauses in front of defenders rather than play a one touch pass and i have seen that defenders have started to anticipate this pause and stab the ball away. Nige will certainly have advice for his teammates on how to deal with Robbie, whether they can is another matter.
The other thing is Brazil look solid and also look like they are beginning to improve, but i would question how good an opposition they have come up against so far. They do look like they can defend, but then Chile cut through them a fair few times only to snatch their finishes or smack it at the keeper. Brazil still look like they ride their luck at times. And it is that luck that i think will again prove the difference.. with Brazil creating their own luck in front of the Dutch goal.

Yes but don't spoil it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:28 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:i rekon it will be an interesting clash between both our lads. As indeed it will be between Brazil and the Dutch.

Yes but don't spoil it.

oops!.. well i suppose Nige will take his chance if he gets it to drift over and say a big hello to wee Robson.. and if what we have seen of Nige at City is anything to go by he will do that ;)

Better now?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:32 am

brite blu sky wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Yes but don't spoil it.

oops!.. well i suppose Nige will take his chance if he gets it to drift over and say a big hello to wee Robson.. and if what we have seen of Nige at City is anything to go by he will do that ;)

Better now?

Perfect.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:54 am

Unbelieveable some of the bile on this thread.
There really are some sad sad people on this board.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ant london » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:15 am

Rag_hater wrote:Unbelieveable some of the bile on this thread.
There really are some sad sad people on this board.

Straight question....who do you like more

City or Robinho
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby dikdik » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:17 am

I think the Dutch will be lucky to get 0.
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby petrov » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:23 am

Brazil will tear the weak dutch defence apart at ease and while Holland will huff and puff alot they won't break the Brazilians down. Robbie will have a field day, Nige will be pre-occupied with Kaka and while the dutch Rb has being arguably their best defensive player of the competition, he hasn't faced anything of Robbie's class.

Robbie is a class act in that yellow shirt, and imho he's after Lucio brazils best player at the WC so far (interestingly enough followed by Elano). Hard working, not petulant, no moaning (well very little), he claps when a team mate misses a pass providing the intention is right (as opposed to having a tantrum like his does in blue). Unfortunately watching Robbie in blue and watching Robbie in yellow are like watching 2 completely different players one a world class superstar to be compared with brazilian greats the other to be cosidered on a par with Kiki Musampa.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:29 am

I love the Dutch

Also, i want to give chip poker a dutch rudder. Just. Sayin.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wooders » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:43 am

Again...

Can one of the football experts please, please, explain how the dutch have a "weak" defense when they haven't lost in 23 games ?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:49 am

when brazil go a goal down to anyone robinho will dissappear, i fancy the dutch for this...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:50 am

The Brazilian defense has not really been tested yet imho
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:54 am

petrov wrote:Brazil will tear the weak dutch defence apart at ease and while Holland will huff and puff alot they won't break the Brazilians down. Robbie will have a field day, Nige will be pre-occupied with Kaka and while the dutch Rb has being arguably their best defensive player of the competition, he hasn't faced anything of Robbie's class.

Robbie is a class act in that yellow shirt, and imho he's after Lucio brazils best player at the WC so far (interestingly enough followed by Elano). Hard working, not petulant, no moaning (well very little), he claps when a team mate misses a pass providing the intention is right (as opposed to having a tantrum like his does in blue). Unfortunately watching Robbie in blue and watching Robbie in yellow are like watching 2 completely different players one a world class superstar to be compared with brazilian greats the other to be cosidered on a par with Kiki Musampa.

Jo does that too. Don't know why but it makes me want to set fire to him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:22 pm

Wooders wrote:Again...

Can one of the football experts please, please, explain how the dutch have a "weak" defense when they haven't lost in 23 games ?

they don't. i believe that Uruguay and Nederlands along with Brasil are the most complete teams in the tournament. One of those 3 will win it because of that fact.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum