Talksports campaign........

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Talksports campaign........

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Dunno why any City fan listens to Talkshite.

Because the alternative for sport, the BBC, is full of the kind of people who turn your local pub into a wine bar.

There's too much Sport on there for my liking. I used to prefer TalkSport when there were people like Jon Gaunt on during the day. It's spread the original quality of coverage a little too thin.

Collymore and Cundy are the only two ex-Pros I really like as Presenters.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:50 pm

btajim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Because the alternative for sport, the BBC, is full of the kind of people who turn your local pub into a wine bar.

There's too much Sport on there for my liking. I used to prefer TalkSport when there were people like Jon Gaunt on during the day. It's spread the original quality of coverage a little too thin.

Can't say I like any of them tbh. Andy Townshend is quite funny sometimes I suppose.

I always felt like helping John Gaunt emigrate to Spain.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CityGer » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
btajim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Can't say I like any of them tbh. Andy Townshend is quite funny sometimes I suppose.

Collymore is the least skilled of any person picking up a salary on that show. He relies on shouting and over powering people to get his point across. It's easy to understand how has (allegedly) lost his temper with some of his ex lady friends.

I'm no fan of James Cordon but Collymore's assertion last night that "this is down to likes of fat James Cordon" when summing England's world cup exit, is Collymore in a nutshell.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:04 pm

CityGer wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
btajim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Collymore is the least skilled of any person picking up a salary on that show. He relies on shouting and over powering people to get his point across. It's easy to understand how has (allegedly) lost his temper with some of his ex lady friends.

I'm no fan of James Cordon but Collymore's assertion last night that "this is down to likes of fat James Cordon" when summing England's world cup exit, is Collymore in a nutshell.

I heard that too, hilarious.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:07 pm

CityGer wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Can't say I like any of them tbh. Andy Townshend is quite funny sometimes I suppose.

You're being a bit harsh on Collymore. The Guy had mental health problems which is why he disappeared for several years after he finished playing. He was a sex addict, too. Hence the dogging. I find the Guy a breath of fresh air on the Radio.

I'm no Fan of James Corden either. He was good in The History Boys and Gavin & Stacey was watchable - but he's not one of the Lads. His background is really priviledged whilst he pretends to be as common as Danny Dyer.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby CityGer » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Hence the dogging

In tears here. Something about that really tickled me.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:49 pm

CityGer wrote:

You will be pleased to here that Collymore is being lined up as the new face ESPN America Premiership coverage. He will be laughing all the way to the bank
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Goataldo » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:09 pm

There is totally a pro Redknapp campaign on there. He's on there more than any presenter. It's like Radio Twitch. Call it White Van Man Radio if you will, but that rubbish influences people in the same way as guff like The Sun. Redknapp is a crook. I'd have Hodgson over him in a twitchy palpatitious heartbeat.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:07 am

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:There is totally a pro Redknapp campaign on there. He's on there more than any presenter. It's like Radio Twitch. Call it White Van Man Radio if you will, but that rubbish influences people in the same way as guff like The Sun. Redknapp is a crook. I'd have Hodgson over him in a twitchy palpatitious heartbeat.

He was suppoused to be on alot more during the WC and they were trumpeting him as a presenter. He then a few weeks before the tournament did a deal with the BBC.

How much money can one guy need? Guys a complete c**t and exactly the sort of manager England should not have. It should be Hodgson.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby btajim » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:48 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
CityGer wrote:

You will be pleased to here that Collymore is being lined up as the new face ESPN America Premiership coverage. He will be laughing all the way to the bank

He's more canny than some people might have you believe.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum