Talksports campaign........

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Talksports campaign........

Postby crossan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:17 am

championed by that all knowing football expert Darren Gough is for Harry Redknapp to be made England manager,what a bloody joke.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Re: Talksports campaign........

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:22 am

This is top notch though.

[youtube]XziZ-H_iaf0[/youtube]
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:26 am

WHITE..... VAN ....... MAN ..... RADIO

When you have people like Stan Collymore who think shouting a lot makes them right, or indeed a station that tries to make themselves the news and not the sportsmen themselves what do you expect.

There is an "Off" button on your radio, or a dial that changes the station. I'd suggest that would be the best policy.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CitizenYank » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:44 am

Would be a great choice, especially for our Champs League campaign; can't think of anyone better.

(wonder who the USSF are thinking about offering Bradley's job too)
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:59 am

I'm going to start a campaign to stop fuckin cricketers talking about football and getting paid for it
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:17 am

It's a great shout though but because you don't like the radiostation or presenter you are ridiculing it.
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby Vhero » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:27 am

CitizenYank wrote:Would be a great choice, especially for our Champs League campaign; can't think of anyone better.

(wonder who the USSF are thinking about offering Bradley's job too)

Hmm yeah as a City fan him getting the job would be a great step as it would weaken our rivals. England are gonna be shit whoever get s the job.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby BobKowalski » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:33 am

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:It's a great shout though but because you don't like the radiostation or presenter you are ridiculing it.

Its a shout. Not sure about great one though. Nor can I see the FA risking 'arry doing press briefings from Wormwood Scrubs. Mind you 'arry has stolen a march on his rivals as he all but applied for the job when talking to Parry and Gough this morning and they reciprocated by sucking his cock which is the default position for the media when dealing with an England manager who has yet to lead the troops to dismal failure in a campaign.

Anyway its not as if we have to make a bloody decision before the squad has even got back from SA so maybe a month of thoughtful reflection would not go amiss.

And I remember the last popular campaign led by the Sun to get the 'peoples choice' (aka Kevin Keegan) in as England manager and we know how well that turned out don't we?
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:13 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:It's a great shout though but because you don't like the radiostation or presenter you are ridiculing it.

Like I said in the other post....what happens if/when Redknapp and others receives a Custodial sentance for Tax Evasion next year?

Will you ask him to resign for being a naughty boy like Glenn Hoddle, or do you completely avoid the oppotunity of returning to square one by either

A:...Not Sacking Capello

B:...Chosing someone completely different to Redknapp?
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Its a predictable tabloid cry for a guy who, last time I checked, may well be facing time at her majesty's pleasure due to tax evasion next year. He could manage the team from his cell I suppose, so there wouldn't be any risk of a McClaren-style brolly photo.

A great shout? I think not myself.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:42 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:

Its a predictable tabloid cry for a guy who, last time I checked, may well be facing time at her majesty's pleasure due to tax evasion.

A great shout? I think not myself.

Hodgson's experience in Europe and beyond makes him a far more logical shout than Redknapp. Can't see Capello leaving, though.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:45 pm

Manx Blue wrote:

Like I said in the other post....what happens if/when Redknapp and others receives a Custodial sentance for Tax Evasion next year?

Will you ask him to resign for being a naughty boy like Glenn Hoddle, or do you completely avoid the oppotunity of returning to square one by either

Be more fun & give the FA an excuse to sack him when, after saying we need to drastically change tactics & find players for certain positions etc, he picks the same fucking side in the same formation apart from Crouch in place of Heskey.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:49 pm

I'd be up for Redknapp for two reasons

1) I reckon he can get us winning things
2) it will wipe the smug smile of spurs fans faces
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:08 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

Be more fun & give the FA an excuse to sack him when, after saying we need to drastically change tactics & find players for certain positions etc, he picks the same fucking side in the same formation apart from Crouch in place of Heskey.

But realistically Ted, if Capello goes, the man who comes in is going to be building a squad for Brazil and not Poland/Ukraine, and potentially more importantly for 2018.

Installing a manager which may not be there in Six months due to personal issues is not the way forward. The FA are thick, but certainly not stupid.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby dario2739 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:37 pm

It's pointless anyway - being the manager of England would involve no transfer fees changing hands... or brown envelopes (allegedly), so Twitcher wouldn't be interested.
dario2739
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby dario2739 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:37 pm

It's pointless anyway - being the manager of England would involve no transfer fees changing hands... or brown envelopes (allegedly), so Twitcher wouldn't be interested.
dario2739
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

But realistically Ted, if Capello goes, the man who comes in is going to be building a squad for Brazil and not Poland/Ukraine, and potentially more importantly for 2018.

Installing a manager which may not be there in Six months due to personal issues is not the way forward. The FA are thick, but certainly not stupid.

Tbh I don't think Harry would get jailed if he conned the Queen out of her house. Twats like him just get away with stuff. I'd rather see someone like him re-build a young England team than Capello though personally. Capello's excuse ridden press conference today fills me with as much doom as his tactics & substitutions. Harry's also used to working with shite players & getting the best out of them. Having seen England's U21's many times, that could be essential for the next phase til the U17's are old enough.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:01 pm

Ok I am not fully clued up on his court case so can't comment on that, other than to say that usually famous and rich people get away with anything. As I said, I don't know the story so I'll leave that.

If he does stand a realistic chance of getting banged up then I'd agree that we shouldn't bother with him. If he was cleared of any wrongdoing, I think he is the type we need. I still think we are shit, but we could be marginally less shit with a motivator in charge.

Who knows though... everyone including myself looks for answers when sometimes it's the most simple of all... we are shit.
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Dunno why any City fan listens to Talkshite.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:19 pm

john@staustell wrote:Dunno why any City fan listens to Talkshite.

Because the alternative for sport, the BBC, is full of the kind of people who turn your local pub into a wine bar.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum