Carlos Salcido

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Carlos Salcido

Postby M147WN » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:35 am

Mexico left back. Seems a very accomplished player going forward and from what i've seen of the World cup can also defend.
Skillful, strong & shoots on site and usually on target.
Plays for PSV and according to Wiki seems he's at the end of a 4 year contract.
Looked very good against France in the group stage and had another good game tonight against Argentina.
Fella is 30 but looks fit as a butchers dog.
Anyone else notice this guy?
Getting towards the end of his career but looks quality and would be great cover for Bridge (or possibly even replace Bridge for at least a season).
Depends I suppose if the club have any plans on looking at a new LB but with the lad almost out of contract at PSV could be aquired for next to nothing.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Re: Carlos Salcido

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:01 am

M147WN wrote:Mexico left back. Seems a very accomplished player going forward and from what i've seen of the World cup can also defend.
Looked very good against France in the group stage and had another good game tonight against Argentina.
Getting towards the end of his career but looks quality and would be great cover for Bridge (or possibly even replace Bridge for at least a season).
Depends I suppose if the club have any plans on looking at a new LB but with the lad almost out of contract at PSV could be aquired for next to nothing.

i think maybe we saw our new LB playing vs. England today? dunno. maybe.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby MUS » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:07 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
M147WN wrote:Mexico left back. Seems a very accomplished player going forward and from what i've seen of the World cup can also defend.

cheers

is boateng a fully blown left back ??
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby thegoatfeeder » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:00 am

MUS wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Not really, he's a Centre back who can sometimes play right back of defensive midfield.
thegoatfeeder
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:43 am

Yes, I noticed this guy from the first Mexico match. He looks quality in defence and also going forward. Didn't know he was 30 but can be handy for a couple of seasons. Wont be expenisve !Definitely a big improvment on Bridge !!
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Mike J » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:52 am

he has looked good throughout the entire competition. due to his age we could proably get him for a good price. i certainly wouldnt complain if we replaced bridge with him.

the portugal LB looks quaity as well.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby fangsanalsatan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:54 am

MUS wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

He's talking about Lahm, mate...
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Return to The Maine Football forum