The one good thing to come from this debacle...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The one good thing to come from this debacle...

Postby crossan » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Is that proper England football heroes from 66,86 and 90 can continue to be regarded as being the bvees knees against the primadona shit of recent times,TERRY,LAMPARD,ROONEY BOTH COLES,GERRARD,DEFOE,JOHNSON who will now be regarded as SECOND RATE TRASH.......................
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Re: The one good thing to come from this debacle...

Postby King Kev » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:58 pm

I was hoping you were going to say 'now we can get back to talking about City'

Ah well, I can wait a bit longer I suppose....
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:00 pm

Haha. Crossan you sound like my mum watching Top of the Pops with me in the 80s saying "All these bands sound the same, they just keep repeating the same words. In my day........"

You may have a point though....
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby crossan » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:04 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Haha. Crossan you sound like my mum watching Top of the Pops with me in the 80s saying "All these bands sound the same, they just keep repeating the same words. In my day........"

I have got a point,Gazza,Linaker,Barnes,Wright,Pearce,Waddle,Charlton,Moore,Banks...............et bloody el.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Waz » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:27 pm

He's got a good and very fair point.

Look back at 1986. Lineker had a bandage on his arm when he played against Poland, and wasn't 100% fit. Went on to be the leading scorer and were undone by the hand of Maradona.

1990. We didn't have the best side but battled and battled our way to the semi finals with a never say die attitude. Platt scoring in the last minute of extra time against Belgium. Lineker's two crucial pens against Cameroon (one in extra time) and then his goal against Germany. When you see that goal celebration, with Lineker punching the air in absolute joy and then Psycho hugging him the look of theirs was "*****ING YES GET IN!" and that's exactly what you don't see now. We lost on pens but to date remains our best WC away from home and at least went out with heads held high.

Watch the below around 2:40 and see the celebration..

[youtube]8qQQ7YT25Fc[/youtube]

Maybe it was partly down to the late great Sir Bobby, but also the players had the pride and passion back then. When you see Lineker on MOTD it hurts him as much as anyone when we do bobbins.
Waz
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:27 pm

crossan wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:Haha. Crossan you sound like my mum watching Top of the Pops with me in the 80s saying "All these bands sound the same, they just keep repeating the same words. In my day........"

I have got a point,Gazza,Linaker,Barnes,Wright,Pearce,Waddle,Charlton,Moore,Banks...............et bloody el.

Yeh I agree. This group of players are a disgrace on and off the pitch and have been for years. This is the same group for failed to qualify for Euro 2008, failed to turn up again to WC 2006. Time to retire the shirts and let the next generation take over. And as for Rooney... World Class????? Yeh right! He's fucking shit. Never does it when it matters on the biggest stage.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby simon12 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:46 am

I thought you were going to say that if we`re in for Gerrard we can now get him at a snip...Say £10m.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Blue2 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:44 am

crossan wrote:

You would have had more of a point if you hadn't mentioned the waste of space that was John Barnes. One of the greatest underachivers ever to wear an England shirt.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Kladze » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:51 am

Just seen footage of the England team getting off the plane arriving back at Rostenberg. Ashley Cole laughing his bollocks off - twat !
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:39 pm

Blue2 wrote: You would have had more of a point if you hadn't mentioned the waste of space that was John Barnes. One of the greatest underachivers ever to wear an England shirt.

I think John Barnes redeems himself with the rapping on World In Motion.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Return to The Maine Football forum