Here's the answer Harry Redknapp...........

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Here's the answer Harry Redknapp...........

Postby ant london » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:47 am

I was saying, in simple terms

Sven was clearly no genius of a manager....as we saw in his time at City
Yet, the failure of Capello to muster his resources adequately and effectively in South Africa
Makes Sven's period as England manager
Look more impressive than it felt at the time
Esp as he really was missing key players in each one

Yes, Sven's real purple patch was club management in Italy....but his period managing England now doesn't look all that terrible for me
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:37 am

ant london wrote:I was saying, in simple terms

Sven was clearly no genius of a manager....as we saw in his time at City
Yet, the failure of Capello to muster his resources adequately and effectively in South Africa
Makes Sven's period as England manager
Look more impressive than it felt at the time
Esp as he really was missing key players in each one

Yes, Sven's real purple patch was club management in Italy....but his period managing England now doesn't look all that terrible for me

Just had a chat about that very subject. Qualification and QF of every tournament hardly seems so bad now.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:01 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:Here's the answer..Glenn Hoddle
Here's the answer...Kevin Keegan
Here's the answer..Sven Goran Erikkson
Here's the ansher..Shteve Mclaren
Here's the answer...Fabio Capello
Here's the answer..Harry redknapp

YOU CANNOT POLISH A TURD
Last man who did, or at least seemed to understand how to make it smell less(Venables) wasn't offered a new contract
But then, back in 1996 In my opinion, we had a squad with one or two creative players, and defenders who could DEFEND
What we are hoping for is a set of talented freaks to come through this faulty system of ours. Since the late 80's, we've produced two. Gascoigne and Rooney. 15 years apart. We do not produce players like mezut Ozil, and I wouldnt say he is top top level. He doesnt have to be to get into the England side. Get a player or two who can play people in and dictate a game intelligently you have a chance.

Rooney is nothing like Gascoigne. Gazza was genuinely one of the most naturally talented players I ever saw. I mean someone who could've genuinely be one of the all time greats. Rooney is a good player, nothing more nothing less. He is just ridiculously overhyped. He is at least three steps behind true greats of the game and will never reach those heights.

Rooney is the modern day John Barnes I said it a million times to my mates... Club level he is amazing for his club but stick him in an England shirt and he is one of the worst players you ever saw.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby CityGer » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:04 am

Vhero wrote:

YOU CANNOT POLISH A TURD
Last man who did, or at least seemed to understand how to make it smell less(Venables) wasn't offered a new contract
But then, back in 1996 In my opinion, we had a squad with one or two creative players, and defenders who could DEFEND
What we are hoping for is a set of talented freaks to come through this faulty system of ours. Since the late 80's, we've produced two. Gascoigne and Rooney. 15 years apart. We do not produce players like mezut Ozil, and I wouldnt say he is top top level. He doesnt have to be to get into the England side. Get a player or two who can play people in and dictate a game intelligently you have a chance.

Rooney is nothing like Gascoigne. Gazza was genuinely one of the most naturally talented players I ever saw. I mean someone who could've genuinely be one of the all time greats. Rooney is a good player, nothing more nothing less. He is just ridiculously overhyped. He is at least three steps behind true greats of the game and will never reach those heights.

Rooney is the modern day John Barnes I said it a million times to my mates... Club level he is amazing for his club but stick him in an England shirt and he is one of the worst players you ever saw.

Admit Vhero, you heard that on Talksport about 30 seconds ago, didn't you??
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Vhero » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:08 am

CityGer wrote:
Vhero wrote:

YOU CANNOT POLISH A TURD

Never listen to that POS radio station if i'm honest with you. I always said he was shit for England in fact I posted it on here a couple of times. So no.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby CityGer » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:09 am

Vhero wrote:
CityGer wrote:
Vhero wrote:

YOU CANNOT POLISH A TURD

Never listen to that POS radio station if i'm honest with you. I always said he was shit for England in fact I posted it on here a couple of times. So no.

Hhhmmm, ok.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Fish111 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:12 am

What we have is a squad of very very average players. Not a single world class player among them. Gerrard & Lampard are well past their sell by date. Rooney is very talented but not world class imo and the rest are just sideways passing no-marks. Capello did a great job getting us there unbeaten but has failed when it mattered, it is time to replace him. Lets get back to an England manager who is English ffs. The foreign experiment hasn't improved us one iota. Harry Redknapp is a good shout but the FA won't touch him with a barge pole so my shout is for Roy Hodgson before Liverpool get their hands on him.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:55 am

ant london wrote:I'd have Glenn Hoddle back in a heartbeat

Was a fucking idiotic decision to sack him over that comment re the disabled (which were ill advised but hardly sensible grounds to bin a very capable manager).

Saying that Disabled people are paying for sins committed in a previous life is an established Buddhist belief.

Redknapp is a no for me. I'd welcome Hodgson - but I think they've got too much belief in Capello to let him leave. He won't be sacked but he might walk away.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:35 am

King Kev wrote:The biggest problem we have with football in this country, and the national squad in particular, is the British press.

They build up he hopes of the average man (or woman) on the street to crazy proportions, and then go mad when they turn out to be wrong. I said a couple of weeks ago that England had the worst squad in living memory and wouldn't amount to anything, it was easy to see for anybody with half a brain, but the media built it up that 'we' were going to win it and the muppets followed. Before we knew it the houses were adorned with the St George flag, every car had flags on it and suddenly everybody was a fucking expert on world football.

The media have a lot to answer for, the sooner we learn to ignore their bullshit the sooner we will realise that the likes of Terry and Rooney are jokers. They raise our hopes and expectations just so they can then mock us when it all goes wrong.

We need to learn to ignore these people and think for ourselves, had we done that it would have come as no surprise that r**ney scored no goals and terry is a useless prick who just watches the ball.

Don't believe the hype.

You can't really argue with that.
I mean, just looking at the list of players available made it pretty clear that this was pretty weak England side. Think I said it year ago already when this was discussed. England lacked genuine quality in key positions. I was laughed at and ridiculed when I said that England don't have a proper out and out goalscorer to challenge for golden boot which every team that has plans of winning it has. Also, I said that apart from Terry England doesn't have convincing centerback pairing. Fair enough, Weo was injured (I don't rate him anyway) and even Terry turned out to be shit but still England was lacking in one of the key areas. Goalkeeping situation everyone seemed to agree with though.

The point of that cuntish drivel is that I didn't think this England squad was that good at all. Last 16 or last 8 was best I could see them doing anyway. While I think Cappello made some really foolish decisions already in selection process and then in tournament (Taking Heskey and then actually playing him, overrelying on Rooney when he had fairly capable strikers on the bench, taking King who was injury waiting to happen and then having no talent like Upson and Dawson too as back ups, Green as a goalkeeper etc etc), I don't think there's manager in the world who would've dragged this team to World Cup. Semi's would've been serious overachievement imo.

So basically, Redknapp is NO option for you. Don't go down that route. You are best off just sticking with Cappello 'til Euros imo. Someone has to make some SERIOUS changes in your team anyway. Why not let Cappello do it as he is dead man walking anyway if you don't progress far in Euros, never mind not make the tournament.

I know some English think I'm a cunt after this post but honestly I was kind of hoping you'd do well. It's not a wind up but honest outsiders opinion who has seen most England games during Cappello era.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby BlueForYou » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:58 am

ant london wrote:Sven was clearly no genius of a manager....as we saw in his time at City

Sven has been the best manager at Man City regarding the quality of players at his disposal in Premier League.

Hughes failed and Mancini don't rock the place either. They have done a decent job but look at what players they have.....

Sven's only problem is that only a few in Enland seems to understand how he use his leadership.
BlueForYou
Robinho's Step Over

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum