Boateng

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Boetang

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:45 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I'm a City fan..nothing else matters

I thought you were well connected at Celtic? Some of the Sectarian stuff you came out with was shocking.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Beeks » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:24 pm

btajim wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I'm a City fan..nothing else matters

I thought you were well connected at Celtic? Some of the Sectarian stuff you came out with was shocking.

Got a lot of love for the Hoops...but only as a second team that I have looked out for as a kid...I was born in Wales...brought up in England...with Scottish Family...hence my split allegiances...but City is and will always be my one true love (Don't tell the Mrs)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:39 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Got a lot of love for the Hoops...but only as a second team that I have looked out for as a kid...I was born in Wales...brought up in England...with Scottish Family...hence my split allegiances...but City is and will always be my one true love (Don't tell the Mrs)

Thanks for clarifying that one.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Re: Boateng

Postby Beeks » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:55 pm

Looked brilliant today and not even in his position!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Unbelievably good today.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:27 pm

Was I dreaming it or did someone say that Boateng was shit today?

Only one cog in the machine, but did very well and seemed eager to push forward when he could.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Was I dreaming it or did someone say that Boateng was shit today?

Only one cog in the machine, but did very well and seemed eager to push forward when he could.

Some one did say it but can't remember who now, but he was really realy good today can't wait to see him in a blue shirt
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:50 pm

boateng was ok when defending, but got turned inside out on a couple of occasions, but can be forgiven as it was messi and he will learn. However, in possession he was often shocking and going forward even worse in the first half. I dont think he was good at all today. I was left thinking that he is a bench warmer in our squad.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Socrates » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:52 pm

Game saving challenge when Argentina broke at 1-0 was the stand out moment, could have been a very different game if they had scored there.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:40 pm

He improved in the second half but was very suspect in the first.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Vhero » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:53 pm

Madness what some people are putting on here he kept Di Maria quiet nearly all game. He couldn't get down to near the corner flag as he couldn't get past him and he eventually stopped trying. Did the same to Milner for England. I honestly can't wait for him to play for us next season. I guess people have already started to choose there new boo boy already commenting he should be a bench warmer already.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ronk » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Vhero wrote:Madness what some people are putting on here he kept Di Maria quiet nearly all game. He couldn't get down to near the corner flag as he couldn't get past him and he eventually stopped trying. Did the same to Milner for England. I honestly can't wait for him to play for us next season. I guess people have already started to choose there new boo boy already commenting he should be a bench warmer already.

Yaya Toure, David Silva...

Boateng can be seen as somewhat the runt of the litter, unfairly.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:49 am

I am confused if people can watch yesterdays display and be anything other than excited about seeing him at CITY - he was excellent in defence - impressive in bulid-up play - demonstrating that he has 2 good feet - and good going forward - able to put in a good cross too! - in fact everything Micah is not - really loking forward to seeing him in the team
Last edited by mcfc1632 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:33 am

mcfc1632 wrote:I am confused if people can watch yesterdays display and be anything other than excited about seeing him at CITY - he was excellent in defence - improessive in bulid-up play - demonstrating that he has 2 good feet - and good going forward - able to put in a cood cross too! - in fact everything Micah is not - really loking forward to seeing him in the team

I'm with you mate. And this was a World Cup QF ffs, against Argentina, playing on his unfavoured side.

We're spoilt on here now, that's the trouble!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby ant london » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:39 am

I thought he was great yesterday.....he had one of the hardest jobs to do keeping Di Maria quiet as well as being alive to the dangers of Messi, Tevez and Higuain all drifting over onto his flank.

If you can't see that he is a big step up in quality from Micah, Nedum and Zabba .....well, I don't know what to say

Also.....we are going to have some bloody big buggers in our team next year....esp if we sign Kolarov too
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:09 am

mcfc1632 wrote:I am confused if people can watch yesterdays display and be anything other than excited about seeing him at CITY - he was excellent in defence - improessive in bulid-up play - demonstrating that he has 2 good feet - and good going forward - able to put in a cood cross too! - in fact everything Micah is not - really loking forward to seeing him in the team

I agree he was good at defending. However, please dont tell me he was impressive in build up play, he made runs into space, but when in possession he was wasteful and looked panicky. I am not being down on the kid but I would like anyone to watch the game again and tell me he was impressive in possession, because it simply is not true.
Wonderwall

Postby BobKowalski » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:40 am

Wonderwall wrote:

I agree he was good at defending. However, please dont tell me he was impressive in build up play, he made runs into space, but when in possession he was wasteful and looked panicky. I am not being down on the kid but I would like anyone to watch the game again and tell me he was impressive in possession, because it simply is not true.

He was impressive in possession.

Dipped into the Red Cafe transfer forum yesterday to bask in the general despondency and even they thought Boateng looked good.

Boateng like AJ is an excellent piece of business.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby 1664agreatyear » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:43 am

He had a great game yesterday and against England.
Very comfortable on the ball ,played it very simple.
Looks to have loads of pace ,strong and physical.
Been very impressed with him so far.
1664agreatyear
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 am

BobKowalski wrote:
He was impressive in possession.

Dipped into the Red Cafe transfer forum yesterday to bask in the general despondency and even they thought Boateng looked good.

Boateng like AJ is an excellent piece of business.

OK if you say so, watch the game again and you might change your opinion, although I doubt it if you are using opinions of clueless twats from the saddest place on earth to back you up.
Wonderwall

Postby Wooders » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:47 am

I think he looked fantastic especially given as he was out of position. An excellent signing for the right back berth
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum