Boateng

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Boateng

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:51 am

He had one or two stand out 'howler' moments in posession but he also did some very good stuff on the ball & there's clearly a lot of talent there to work with. If he's to make it in the PL we have to see that he can stand up to all the shit that goes on at corners etc & still get his headers away. If he can't he's finished before he starts. If he can, I recon we really have something.

His 1st touch & general football ability is twice as good as Micah, Ned etc & my question is; why? I mean, he's not Lionel fucking Messi, just has a good touch. Every footballer should have a decent touch.

Why have we been bringing through players from our academy, who've spent their whole lives learning to play football but can't play fucking football? If Ned & Micah had even average skills, they'd both be better than Boateng imo & we wouldn't need him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:16 am

john@staustell wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:I am confused if people can watch yesterdays display and be anything other than excited about seeing him at CITY - he was excellent in defence - improessive in bulid-up play - demonstrating that he has 2 good feet - and good going forward - able to put in a cood cross too! - in fact everything Micah is not - really loking forward to seeing him in the team

I'm with you mate. And this was a World Cup QF ffs, against Argentina, playing on his unfavoured side.

We're spoilt on here now, that's the trouble!

I was impressed by him yesterday and he did nothing wrong that i could see. However, still don't know what is his favoured side or
position. If it is on the left, then he should replace Bridge. That would be the priority for me. I think we can manage the RB position
with Micah and Zabba and even Toure.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:19 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:I am confused if people can watch yesterdays display and be anything other than excited about seeing him at CITY - he was excellent in defence - improessive in bulid-up play - demonstrating that he has 2 good feet - and good going forward - able to put in a cood cross too! - in fact everything Micah is not - really loking forward to seeing him in the team

I'm with you mate. And this was a World Cup QF ffs, against Argentina, playing on his unfavoured side.

We're spoilt on here now, that's the trouble!

I was impressed by him yesterday and he did nothing wrong that i could see. However, still don't know what is his favoured side or
position. If it is on the left, then he should replace Bridge. That would be the priority for me. I think we can manage the RB position

He's definitely a right-sided defender mate, although as we've seen he can do a decent job on either.

But I reckon Madrid and City are both negotiating for Luiz and Kolarov for the LB spot. One will probably go to each club. So we will have a back line of big, skillful fast players who can all play CB if needed. Or Lescott can go LB and Luiz CB.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:28 am

john@staustell wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

We're
spoilt
on here now, that's the trouble!

He's definitely a right-sided defender mate, although as we've seen he can do a decent job on either.

But I reckon Madrid and City are both negotiating for Luiz and Kolarov for the LB spot. One will probably go to each club. So we will have a back line of big, skillful fast players who can all play CB if needed. Or Lescott can go LB and Luiz CB.

So you're saying, he's right footed but prefers to play as CB ?
If what you're saying about the other targets is true, then we'll really be spoiled this season for choice of defenders.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:31 am

Wonderwall wrote:

I agree he was good at defending. However, please dont tell me he was impressive in build up play, he made runs into space, but when in possession he was wasteful and looked panicky. I am not being down on the kid but I would like anyone to watch the game again and tell me he was impressive in possession, because it simply is not true.

I will try to have another look WW - but I do remember thinking on several occaisions how impressed I was to see the interchange of passes with team mates as they worked their way through the opposition - and because he was playing out of position this meant him using both feet to good effect - I had not been drinking much by then either.

Maybe I am just used to no creativity from Micah so I am too easily pleased??

Yes - a couple of glaring mistakes - but generally I was very impressed and I thought I would come onto mancityfans.net to find everyone salivating
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Cityfan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:54 pm

Thought he played pretty well. It is difficult to criticse someone playing out of position as a back in a world cup against one of the best attacks in the world and be part of a defense that barely conceded a chance let alone a goal,

Loew who is clearly no idiot now prefers him out of position to Badstuber who was ever present in a Bayern side that won the league and went to the Champions league final.
Still time will tell about how he is on the right or centre and how quickly he adapts to the premiership. Personally he is one I am looking forward to seeing.
Cityfan
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:03 pm

The thing is, in his interview he stated that when Mancini spoke to him, he told him that he wasn't the complete article yet and that he'd bring him on even more. Well, for someone who is not the finished article and playing in a complete opposite position in a World Class team, then I can't wait to see the player he could be; can you?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:28 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:The thing is, in his interview he stated that when Mancini spoke to him, he told him that he wasn't the complete article yet and that he'd bring him on even more. Well, for someone who is not the finished article and playing in a complete opposite position in a World Class team, then I can't wait to see the player he could be; can you?

thats a pretty awesome way to look at it ;-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby kennyboy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:The thing is, in his interview he stated that when Mancini spoke to him, he told him that he wasn't the complete article yet and that he'd bring him on even more. Well, for someone who is not the finished article and playing in a complete opposite position in a World Class team, then I can't wait to see the player he could be; can you?

yeah.. i heard the same "not complete article" about Gelson Fernandes..:)
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:04 pm

kennyboy wrote:

Didn't he beat some Great Nation with his goal ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby colonel_muck » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:14 pm

gelson fernandes was fucking mental. i quite liked him though and if someone had told him to work on his passing he'd have been a fine mid table player. remember his goal at st james park two seasons ago? class.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby kennyboy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
kennyboy wrote:

Didn't he beat some Great Nation with his goal ;-)

Sign him up!
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:03 pm

Thought Boateng has been doing ok, considering it's not his position and it's the world cup. Lots of players have failed to perform in the tournament, but he's not been one. If he can stand up to the more physical premier league, he coud be a great buy.

I agree with the earlier comment about Ned and Richards - can be brilliant defenders, but look like they've never kicked a football when there's space in front of them. You do wonder how you can look that uncomfortable when all you've done for years is play fotball.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:03 pm

Thought Boateng has been doing ok, considering it's not his position and it's the world cup. Lots of players have failed to perform in the tournament, but he's not been one. If he can stand up to the more physical premier league, he coud be a great buy.

I agree with the earlier comment about Ned and Richards - can be brilliant defenders, but look like they've never kicked a football when there's space in front of them. You do wonder how you can look that uncomfortable when all you've done for years is play fotball.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:04 pm

Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby saulman » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:45 pm

kennyboy wrote:

.........and Samaras.

However, I do believe Boateng will be our signing of the Summer when you consider he was only 11m and is still a youngster.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum