Goal line technology: Poll

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Are You In Favour Of Goal Line Technology?

Yes
76%
No
24%

Total votes : 83

Re: Goal line technology: Poll

Postby blues-clues » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:20 pm

zuricity wrote:Once again sorry fellas, it seems like Firefox got it's knickers in a twist.

Had the same problem myself.

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/manc2net/public_html/mcfnet/cache/queue.php on line 3

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home/manc2net/public_html/mcfnet/cache/queue.php on line 3

You can delete your own posts though. Only the duplicates mind you ;)
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:24 pm

I have the FF problem too.

Might get the video camera out so we can sit around and debate it for ours on end.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:19 pm

Was listening to Sky Sports earlier today and a bloke on there (I think they provide technology for other sports) said that it would be so simple that the ref would get a Bleep in his hear within half a second of the ball crossing the line. I'm not sure if it was camera or ball-chip technology he was talking aboyt though.

Anyway, I'm in the 'Not Sure' camp at the mo, I like the thought of 'The Conspiracy Theory' after every time it happens; gives us something to talk about.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby blues-clues » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:54 pm

Just another thought on this. How many of use technology in our jobs every day. You cant imagine medicine, education, banking, any form of transport or virtually any field of life that does not use technology to do the simple things. This multi-billion dollar entertainment business is being operated on a day to day basis by human beings who are simply incapable of making the right decisions all the time. Yes that creates debate and yes it keeps the game simple but this is not Sunday League or 5 a side. I dont want to be debating referee mistakes that determine the fortunes or otherwise of my team. Referees should have no impact on the game or its outcome, that is what the players the managers are paid for and the fans pay for!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Twobob » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:44 pm

Sounds great, so where do we impliment it? Just in the world cup? After all its a closed tournament with purpose built stadium.

In the premiership of la liga ect? So we force a newly promoted team to pay hundreds of thousands on the tech or no place in the prem? How about the trip to Accy Stanley in the cup - will they be forced to install the tech too?

What ever is put in place needs to be replicated through the league.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Kladze » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:00 am

blues-clues wrote:Just another thought on this. How many of use technology in our jobs every day. You cant imagine medicine, education, banking, any form of transport or virtually any field of life that does not use technology to do the simple things. This multi-billion dollar entertainment business is being operated on a day to day basis by human beings who are simply incapable of making the right decisions all the time. Yes that creates debate and yes it keeps the game simple but this is not Sunday League or 5 a side. I dont want to be debating referee mistakes that determine the fortunes or otherwise of my team. Referees should have no impact on the game or its outcome, that is what the players the managers are paid for and the fans pay for!

Whatever happened to "The referees decision is final" ?
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:47 am

Goal line technology? No way did that Lampard shot need technology for us to know it was in. It just required the referee and lino to open their fucking eyes.

I like the debate and arguments caused by contentious decisions. And let's be honest, if that was the other way round and Germany had been denied that, we'd have absolutely loved it. It's part of the fun of football. We can also use these things to help make us feel better about how shit our team really is, with cunning use of the "we was robbed" line. Yes it felt unfair at the time, but lets crack on and enjoy the game with all its foibles.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:43 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Goal line technology? No way did that Lampard shot need technology for us to know it was in. It just required the referee and lino to open their fucking eyes.

I like the debate and arguments caused by contentious decisions. And let's be honest, if that was the other way round and Germany had been denied that, we'd have absolutely loved it. It's part of the fun of football. We can also use these things to help make us feel better about how shit our team really is, with cunning use of the "we was robbed" line. Yes it felt unfair at the time, but lets crack on and enjoy the game with all its foibles.

Very well said. Very well indeed.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ronk » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:03 am

Twobob wrote:Sounds great, so where do we impliment it? Just in the world cup? After all its a closed tournament with purpose built stadium.

In the premiership of la liga ect? So we force a newly promoted team to pay hundreds of thousands on the tech or no place in the prem? How about the trip to Accy Stanley in the cup - will they be forced to install the tech too?

What ever is put in place needs to be replicated through the league.

Other sports have TV replays. In rugby they use them if available, no big deal if it's not. Because the cameras would be available to broadcasters they more or less pay for themselves. Certainly, Sky Sports have offered to pay for it in the prem, they already pay the cost of broadcasting. They're the guys who want it more than anyone else.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum