*** Official Germany v England Round of 16 thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official Germany v England Round of 16 thread ***

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:59 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:]

Why can't Capello take take the blame. He picked them, was respnsible for the tactics, refused to change anything when it was clear it wasn't working, insisted on planning everything around shrek, and took off Defoe and stuck on that goalscoring sensation, Heskey.
Sorry, he was running the show, he takes the blame. The fact the players didn't appear the give a toss is a obvious sign of crap man management.
I'm sure everyone agrees that none of todays team play like that in club fooball, so it must be to do with how England are managed.

When is it going to be these players fault? How many managers do they fail under before people finally realise that this group of players dont have the passion or the quality to ever win anything? Once they cross the line its down to them and the mistakes on the pitch today were nothing to do with man management or tactics. They were fuckin schoolboy errors. The defending was embarrassing. The first goal was straight from a goalkick for christs sake?!! There was no spirit and I dont know if anyone noticed but at the end of the game none of them looked like they cared?! How can any of that be Capello, who by the way is one of the most successful managers in the history of the game. Who would you rather we have manage the team? And if anyone says they'd have Rednapp or Hodgson over Capello you need your brain examining.

These players are a disgrace, on and off the pitch and have been for years.

Quite seriously I would certainly have Redknapp. I don't disagree that the players are were a disgrace, but at the end of the day, the buck stops at the top. Someone needs to get them playing as a team, something Capello doesn't seem to be able to do.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:37 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:]

Why can't Capello take take the blame. He picked them, was respnsible for the tactics, refused to change anything when it was clear it wasn't working, insisted on planning everything around shrek, and took off Defoe and stuck on that goalscoring sensation, Heskey.
Sorry, he was running the show, he takes the blame. The fact the players didn't appear the give a toss is a obvious sign of crap man management.
I'm sure everyone agrees that none of todays team play like that in club fooball, so it must be to do with how England are managed.

When is it going to be these players fault? How many managers do they fail under before people finally realise that this group of players dont have the passion or the quality to ever win anything? Once they cross the line its down to them and the mistakes on the pitch today were nothing to do with man management or tactics. They were fuckin schoolboy errors. The defending was embarrassing. The first goal was straight from a goalkick for christs sake?!! There was no spirit and I dont know if anyone noticed but at the end of the game none of them looked like they cared?! How can any of that be Capello, who by the way is one of the most successful managers in the history of the game. Who would you rather we have manage the team? And if anyone says they'd have Rednapp or Hodgson over Capello you need your brain examining.

These players are a disgrace, on and off the pitch and have been for years.

Quite seriously I would certainly have Redknapp. I don't disagree that the players are were a disgrace, but at the end of the day, the buck stops at the top. Someone needs to get them playing as a team, something Capello doesn't seem to be able to do.

I think he could very well be the next manager but I seriously doubt he or anyone else can get much more out of this lot. The problem with England is these players.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby blootoof » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:37 pm

I've just started a fire.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Citeh&Crew » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:39 pm

There is no chance, no way the defensive errors are Capello's fault! Are you people jesting with the slagfest that is revolving around such drivel? Because I saw a team in WC qualifiers that would have destroyed a Champion's League all-star team. Due to incredulous surprise, I laughed my ass off at the first goal, because I could hardly believe that a goalie kick could be tapped in for a goal at the other end, with only that single touch as an interlude between the two events. Especially at this level of play! Who the hell loses concentration like that, during the WC? Oh wait...

The other goals were gross defensive errors that point towards a mental problem with the English defense. I am quite sure that Capello could have pulled a complete back-line from various "stars" of League 2 and below, who would have performed better than what was on display today.

Further, the lack of intensity that was exhibited after falling behind, and especially after the disallowed goal, seals (in my mind) what I have thought since the last WC: This generation of English national team members have the talent, but NOT the mental fortitude, to go far in a WC. On paper, and often in the Premiership, the English players are world-class. Any club in the world would want Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, both Coles etc...
Citeh&Crew

Postby gillie » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:57 pm

Four words.
NOT FUCKIN GOOD ENOUGH!
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby blootoof » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:05 pm

gillie wrote:Four words.
NOT FUCKIN GOOD ENOUGH!

One Word

MEDIA
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:15 pm

I had a good think about it and I've one question:

Original Dub

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:18 pm

Disappointed but not surprised.

We lack the mental strength and technical ability to play as an England team at the top level.

Very strange tactical decisions like Heskey for Defoe do not help. I hope Hodgson gets the job and is given time - he can produce a 'team'.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby edge275 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:32 pm

Original Dub wrote:I had a good think about it and I've one question:

I agree. I had serious reservations over the squad he picked and that's when I first started doubting Capello.

Parker should've gone ahead of Carrick
A. Johnson should've gone ahead of SWP
Darren Bent should've gone ahead of Heskey
Dawson should've been picked ahead of Carragher and Upson (he was picked when Ferdinand was injured but should've been in before that)
I'm still not sure why Lescott was completely omitted from the squad when he was coming into form. I don't think it was injury?

We should've played Gerrard behind Rooney, Lampard and Barry midfield with Barry more defensive minded and Lampard more attack minded
A. Johnson on the left and either Lennon or Milner on the right depending who's most on form
Players who are performing badly due to loss of form or whatever drop them or sub them. Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard and the other big boys should be no exceptions
Hart should've been first choice for each game

There was no belief, no desire, no passion from the team and the blame lies at Capello's door.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby zuricity » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:04 pm

Despite his goal that 'not was', Lampard should never have been in the team. Today moreover, he was absolutely awful in midfield.

btw.

Well done Germany , on the day you took your chances. Somehow I don't think the Argentinians will let you get off the way England did.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:39 pm

The players were a disgrace & of course they have to take the blame, that's without question BUT.... Capello picked crap sides & was bringing on Emile Heskey. I REPEAT, WHEN WE DESPERATELY NEEDED GOALS HE WAS BRINGING ON EMILE HESKEY.

He cannot remain as England manager.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:01 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:The players were a disgrace & of course they have to take the blame, that's without question BUT.... Capello picked crap sides & was bringing on Emile Heskey. I REPEAT, WHEN WE DESPERATELY NEEDED GOALS HE WAS BRINGING ON EMILE HESKEY.

Perhaps that was Capello's way of saying "I can't do much more with this lot" who knows. His other option? Crouch, rabbit killer and serial giver away of free kicks. 1-4 down, minutes to play, game over. Damage had been done. The "team" wasn't a team, isn't a team. The FA can sack Capello, but thats another x million down the drain, because of this contract extension. Fuck me why not wait until after the World cup before talking about that? Inter Milan wanted him? take him! even if England had done themselves justice why put the golden handcuffs on? they did it with Erikkson FFS. Criticise Capello for some decisions but Ted, realistically, how far can any manager or coach take England when collectively they play so consistently poorly when it matters?. I don't buy this new manager nonsense. The players are the products of our system, and the product, and system, is faulty. Unfortunately I don't have the receipt, so I can't send it back and get a new one.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby King Kev » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:05 pm

blootoof wrote:
gillie wrote:Four words.
NOT FUCKIN GOOD ENOUGH!

One Word

MEDIA

Definitely!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:I had a good think about it and I've one question:

Dub, why have you cut and pasted my post. I posted it 5 times, is that not enough?
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:59 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:The players were a disgrace & of course they have to take the blame, that's without question BUT.... Capello picked crap sides & was bringing on Emile Heskey. I REPEAT, WHEN WE DESPERATELY NEEDED GOALS HE WAS BRINGING ON EMILE HESKEY.

Perhaps that was Capello's way of saying "I can't do much more with this lot" who knows. His other option? Crouch, rabbit killer and serial giver away of free kicks. 1-4 down, minutes to play, game over. Damage had been done. The "team" wasn't a team, isn't a team. The FA can sack Capello, but thats another x million down the drain, because of this contract extension. Fuck me why not wait until after the World cup before talking about that? Inter Milan wanted him? take him! even if England had done themselves justice why put the golden handcuffs on? they did it with Erikkson FFS. Criticise Capello for some decisions but Ted, realistically, how far can any manager or coach take England when collectively they play so consistently poorly when it matters?. I don't buy this new manager nonsense. The players are the products of our system, and the product, and system, is faulty. Unfortunately I don't have the receipt, so I can't send it back and get a new one.

I've said many times the players should be called to account, that doesn't excuse incompetence from the manager.

Crouch played v City at the end of the season scared the living shit out of us & won his team a place in the chump's league. Capello chose Emile Heskey who's been fucking dire all season. Dawson kept our much vaunted strike force at bay & helped get his team into the chumps league. Capello chose Mathew Upson, who's been dire all season. One of City's star players is Adam Johnson who is left footed, Capello chose to take SWP who plays the same position as Lennon & can't get in our team (thus having no left sided player & playing with a criminally unbalanced side).

Had these things worked we would all have said ' bugger me, he was right'. What actually happened is that every move was an abject failure. He has a big reputation it was put to the test, he failed spectacularly. He's scared to take off Rooney or Lampard, almost all of his substitutions were wasted.

They're mentioning now on the radio how we failed to defend short corners in each game, we also had no organisation whatsoever in almost any aspect of defending , whoever played. Capello has had these people together for weeks & they're less organised than they were before he got them together. He fucked up worse than Greaeme Taylor imo & wants sacking along with most of the players.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:03 pm

Fair enough Ted, but substituting Capello for someone else cannot hide Englands shortcomings.
Bianchi on Ice

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:09 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:Fair enough Ted, but substituting Capello for someone else cannot hide Englands shortcomings.

Not at all no. I've said many times I think the whole system is fucked & the academy system has failed. Having said that, there's fuck all wrong with the technique of Rooney, Lampard or Gerrard on a saturday in the PL. We won't produce many better players than those whatever we do.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:12 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:Fair enough Ted, but substituting Capello for someone else cannot hide Englands shortcomings.

The point is that the shortcomings are caused by the manager. He picks the players and works out the tactics. I don't believe a competent manager would make the glaring errors as highlighted it Ted's thread above.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Kladze » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:18 pm

The biggest problem of all is that, like some who've gone before him, he tried to fit all of his best players (or at least those he considered the best) into the same team - so, for instance, wasting Gerrard on the left of midfield. Square pegs and round holes, until we have someone like Ramsey who didn't give a fuck for names and reputations this will continue.
Add that to an obvious tactical inflexibility .................

Capello out!
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:20 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Not at all no. I've said many times I think the whole system is fucked & the academy system has failed. Having said that, there's fuck all wrong with the technique of Rooney, Lampard or Gerrard on a saturday in the PL. We won't produce many better players than those whatever we do.

How about "the premiership doesn't value skillful players unless they can track back and get stuck in"
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum