*** Official Germany v England Round of 16 thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official Germany v England Round of 16 thread ***

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:56 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Slim wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Sorry but Capello cannot be blamed for this. The players are responsible and them alone. They didn't play like this in the qualifiers. Since the season finished, they've all finished. They've been fucking abysmal and have been jokers since they broke through. Somebody tell me now, out of Lampard's 70 odd caps, name me one fucking game he's played for England and played well?

Sven, Shteve and Fabio should all be given knighthoods for trying to manage a bunch of over-paid pampered babies.

Who picked these can't be fucked, overpaid, lazy wankers to be in the England team?

One or two aside, who else is there to pick?

It's about time we realised we don't produce top class players anymore. Rooney is the best we've got, future wise we only seem to have AJ, and he only has potential. You could see in Rooney straight off that he was definitely going to be top class. AJ has potential, but he's going to have to put a lot of work in.

AJ aside though, there's little else to pick. Football is broke in England, it has been for at least 10 years now. We all know it, we've been complaining for years. That those players there today are the very best we have is something we should be concerned about, not rail against the poor cunt who's got to manage a poor representation of the biggest football industry in the world.

Capello picked the best of what we've got. That they've failed tournament over tournament, the reasons for that should be pretty obvious now, 3/4 managers down the line.

Great post and totally agree.
Capello though has made some big mistakes.
Best Centre Half in the country for the last six months never got a start, best left winger in the country did not make the squad along with a certain right winger who should be playing up front,
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby halnone » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:35 pm

These players look like they couldn't give a shit. At least when USA lost to Ghana, the players were crying; almost as if they cared.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby halnone » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:37 pm

These players look like they couldn't give a shit. At least when USA lost to Ghana, the players were crying; almost as if they cared.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Are there any English players with brains - football brains that is.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Are there any English players with brains - football brains that is.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:10 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:Are there any English players with brains - football brains that is.

There are Lev, but they havent been born yet. Thats how far away England is from producing enough ball-players to compete regulary at this level. 15-20 years, assuming the FA is working on it now, as they should have been in 1980.
Bianchi on Ice

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:19 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Slim wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Sorry but Capello cannot be blamed for this. The players are responsible and them alone. They didn't play like this in the qualifiers. Since the season finished, they've all finished. They've been fucking abysmal and have been jokers since they broke through. Somebody tell me now, out of Lampard's 70 odd caps, name me one fucking game he's played for England and played well?

Sven, Shteve and Fabio should all be given knighthoods for trying to manage a bunch of over-paid pampered babies.

Who picked these can't be fucked, overpaid, lazy wankers to be in the England team?

It's about time we realised we don't produce top class players anymore. Rooney is the best we've got, future wise we only seem to have AJ, and he only has potential. You could see in Rooney straight off that he was definitely going to be top class. AJ has potential, but he's going to have to put a lot of work in.

AJ aside though, there's little else to pick. Football is broke in England, it has been for at least 10 years now. We all know it, we've been complaining for years. That those players there today are the very best we have is something we should be concerned about, not rail against the poor cunt who's got to manage a poor representation of the biggest football industry in the world.

Capello picked the best of what we've got. That they've failed tournament over tournament, the reasons for that should be pretty obvious now, 3/4 managers down the line.

Crouch & Dawson for a start.

The players have been shit & most should now be retired but it shouldn't be papered over how badly Capello has also done. The fact that he was bringing on Heskey as the 3rd went in is a sackable offence on it's own. He lost it completely. He has to go & we have to start bulding a workmanlike team for the next World Cup. Forget the Euros, build a TEAM for the future.

You cant blame Capello for that. That was down to the players. They're a disgrace. And Rooney is hilariously bad. Never scored at a world cup!

Why can't Capello take take the blame. He picked them, was respnsible for the tactics, refused to change anything when it was clear it wasn't working, insisted on planning everything around shrek, and took off Defoe and stuck on that goalscoring sensation, Heskey.
Sorry, he was running the show, he takes the blame. The fact the players didn't appear the give a toss is a obvious sign of crap man management.
I'm sure everyone agrees that none of todays team play like that in club fooball, so it must be to do with how England are managed.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:19 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Slim wrote:

The players have been shit & most should now be retired but it shouldn't be papered over how badly Capello has also done. The fact that he was bringing on Heskey as the 3rd went in is a sackable offence on it's own. He lost it completely. He has to go & we have to start bulding a workmanlike team for the next World Cup. Forget the Euros, build a TEAM for the future.

You cant blame Capello for that. That was down to the players. They're a disgrace. And Rooney is hilariously bad. Never scored at a world cup!

Why can't Capello take take the blame. He picked them, was respnsible for the tactics, refused to change anything when it was clear it wasn't working, insisted on planning everything around shrek, and took off Defoe and stuck on that goalscoring sensation, Heskey.
Sorry, he was running the show, he takes the blame. The fact the players didn't appear the give a toss is a obvious sign of crap man management.
I'm sure everyone agrees that none of todays team play like that in club fooball, so it must be to do with how England are managed.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:20 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Slim wrote:

patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:20 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Slim wrote:

patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:21 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Slim wrote:

patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:22 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Slim wrote:

patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Slim wrote:

patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Sorry, technical error there, I'll delete the extras.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dronny » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Just got home.......fuckin usless cunts
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby edge275 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Absolute dross. Capello can sling his hook.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Dronny » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:32 pm

Just got home....fuclin useless clunts
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:35 pm

patrickblue wrote:Sorry, technical error there, I'll delete the extras.

Won't let me, can you do it please mods.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:41 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:

I'm sure everyone agrees that none of todays team play like that in club fooball, so it must be to do with how England are managed.[/quote]

When is it going to be these players fault? How many managers do they fail under before people finally realise that this group of players dont have the passion or the quality to ever win anything? Once they cross the line its down to them and the mistakes on the pitch today were nothing to do with man management or tactics. They were fuckin schoolboy errors. The defending was embarrassing. The first goal was straight from a goalkick for christs sake?!! There was no spirit and I dont know if anyone noticed but at the end of the game none of them looked like they cared?! How can any of that be Capello, who by the way is one of the most successful managers in the history of the game. Who would you rather we have manage the team? And if anyone says they'd have Rednapp or Hodgson over Capello you need your brain examining.

These players are a disgrace, on and off the pitch and have been for years.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dikdik » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Can anyone explain to a poor ignorant doctor why, when everyone and his mother's uncle was calling for Gerard to play "in the hole behind Rooney", Capello seemed to singulary and one might almost say perversely avoid this system.
I'm not a tactitician but I do know when 99% of the people are calling for one thing and 1% is calling for something else, the 99% are usually right. Statistically speaking.
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum