Team of the world cup so far

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Team of the world cup so far

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Back on subject.

Hart
Boateng--Toure--xx--xx
Weiss--Toure--de Jong--Silva
Tevez--RSC

YAY!
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:08 pm

Nigel De Jong has had a brilliant tournament. He's looked so composed. Love him.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:40 am

dazby wrote:Nigel De Jong has had a brilliant tournament. He's looked so composed. Love him.

Good shout,he has been so solid in every game.Brilliant at breaking up play.He gave Kaka some going over today.
I think he will be recognised as one of the outstanding players of the tournament.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:32 am

Green & Blue wrote:
dazby wrote:Nigel De Jong has had a brilliant tournament. He's looked so composed. Love him.

Good shout,he has been so solid in every game.Brilliant at breaking up play.He gave Kaka some going over today.
I think he will be recognised as one of the outstanding players of the tournament.

And some would have you think the guy can't play football! I think he'll make the team of the tournament. Quality.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:51 am

Original Dub wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:

And some would have you think the guy can't play football! I think he'll make the team of the tournament. Quality.

Are we allowed to say good things about DeJong?

I'll sneak one in then; he looks to me like he's improving all the time as a footballer & in this World Cup he looks twice as good as Gareth Barry & one of the best in his position.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Grob » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:

He always looks a better player when he's got someone to pick up.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby CityGer » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Grob wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:

He always looks a better player when he's got someone to pick up.

This is a key point. When up against a side with someone in the hole, NDJ comes in to his own. He can focus on one individual and direct all his energies to stopping the lad playing. However, he can look lost and lathargic when he doesn't have an individual attacker to focus his attention on.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum