Team of the world cup so far

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Team of the world cup so far

Postby gillie » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Not going to name a team of best players as most have been covered but the best young talent i have seen is Coentrao from Portugal.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:48 pm

You can tell that some players have talent but on the whole no one has impressed me in particular (apart from David Villa & Forlan in flashes) & no team has impressed me . Some have had good games against mediocre or poor opposition but even players who I know to be top quality have performed at a lower level on the whole than they do for their club sides imo. Most of the European based players look borderline knackered to me.

Hopefully they'll all raise their games now it's become a knockout competition but so far, I recon the theme of this World Cup is defensive mistakes & mediocrity. Load of shite. Much prefer watching City & think we would beat most of them.

Edit: Forgot to mention Lucio, It's like they just run through Brazil's defence until he stops them, literally every time someone gets through wherever it happens, it's Lucio who makes the key challenge.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:43 am

Ted Hughes wrote:You can tell that some players have talent but on the whole no one has impressed me in particular (apart from David Villa & Forlan in flashes) & no team has impressed me . Some have had good games against mediocre or poor opposition but even players who I know to be top quality have performed at a lower level on the whole than they do for their club sides imo. Most of the European based players look borderline knackered to me.

Hopefully they'll all raise their games now it's become a knockout competition but so far, I recon the theme of this World Cup is defensive mistakes & mediocrity. Load of shite. Much prefer watching City & think we would beat most of them.

Edit: Forgot to mention Lucio, It's like they just run through Brazil's defence until he stops them, literally every time someone gets through wherever it happens, it's Lucio who makes the key challenge.

spot on.

Most of top players seen knackered and who can blame. Most of them have played in league, couple of cups and gone far in European competitions meaning they already have 50 to 60 top class games under their belts going into the tournament.

For most parts this tournament has been particularily dire to watch. They aren't supposed to tackle anymore, probably because it's not part of the 'celebration of football' to defend. So basically all the Robinho wannabes are being made to look good here whereas in proper club football they'd have no chance.

I can't quite descripe how happy I am that preseason starts soon and all these cunts with Brazil shirts and Vuvuzelas will disappear for fours again.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:34 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:You can tell that some players have talent but on the whole no one has impressed me in particular (apart from David Villa & Forlan in flashes) & no team has impressed me . Some have had good games against mediocre or poor opposition but even players who I know to be top quality have performed at a lower level on the whole than they do for their club sides imo. Most of the European based players look borderline knackered to me.

spot on.

Most of top players seen knackered and who can blame. Most of them have played in league, couple of cups and gone far in European competitions meaning they already have 50 to 60 top class games under their belts going into the tournament.

For most parts this tournament has been particularily dire to watch. They aren't supposed to tackle anymore, probably because it's not part of the 'celebration of football' to defend. So basically all the Robinho wannabes are being made to look good here whereas in proper club football they'd have no chance.

I can't quite descripe how happy I am that preseason starts soon and all these cunts with Brazil shirts and Vuvuzelas will disappear for fours again.

..& female students with 'mockney' accents who like Maaan Uuuu & are suddenly becoming fucking football experts, slagging off the England manager for not picking someone who they don't even know what fucking position he plays & wouldn't even recognise if he was shagging them. (Ok that's more of a local thing!)

I'm still hoping the next 2 rounds will see an improvement tbf. At least England v Germany should be a proper game whoever wins.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bobadji » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:19 am

Most have been covered but I like the Mexico left back, Salcido, I reckon would easily make it in the premiership.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby Rag_hater » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:22 am

spot on.

I can't quite descripe how happy I am that preseason starts soon and all these cunts with Brazil shirts and Vuvuzelas will disappear for fours again.[/quote]

Not at all.
You dont seem happy until you find soomething to moan about.
This WC has been one of the best.The french and italians have been fucked off already which makes a nice change for me.Some of the goals scored have been fantastic.Some of the skill has been a joy to watch.Its not like there isn't of plenty of boring matches in the prem.There were loads of threads on here about how boring Roberto has got us playing.The european players may look knackered to you.They just shown how over-rated they are to me.Its a load of tosh and living in the past somes attitudes on here.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:35 am

Rag_hater wrote:spot on.

Not at all.
You dont seem happy until you find soomething to moan about.
This WC has been one of the best.The french and italians have been fucked off already which makes a nice change for me.Some of the goals scored have been fantastic.Some of the skill has been a joy to watch.Its not like there isn't of plenty of boring matches in the prem.There were loads of threads on here about how boring Roberto has got us playing.The european players may look knackered to you.They just shown how over-rated they are to me.Its a load of tosh and living in the past somes attitudes on here.[/quote]

One of the best!!??

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:58 am

I would say there are some folk on here who will watch the Wimbledon final and not gve a fuck about any other tennis throughout the the year or watch darts when the Lakeside finals are on and not give a fuck about any other darts competitions the rest of the year and snooker and many other sports.So all this bollocks that the WC drags out a load of people who only take any intrest every 4 years is somewhat hypocrritical.
And yes this is one of the best world cups.The coverage is unparralleled,the fact a poor country(comparativley) has got it,the footballers seem to me be more athletic,there have been suprise results and plenty of other stuff.Just cos people arn't kicking lumps out of each other and actually playing the game does not make it dull.
Just some dont feel adaequate till they find something to moan about-Grow up its fuckin easy to find fault.
Rag_hater

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:13 am

Rag_hater wrote:I would say there are some folk on here who will watch the Wimbledon final and not gve a fuck about any other tennis throughout the the year or watch darts when the Lakeside finals are on and not give a fuck about any other darts competitions the rest of the year and snooker and many other sports.So all this bollocks that the WC drags out a load of people who only take any intrest every 4 years is somewhat hypocrritical.
And yes this is one of the best world cups.The coverage is unparralleled,the fact a poor country(comparativley) has got it,the footballers seem to me be more athletic,there have been suprise results and plenty of other stuff.Just cos people arn't kicking lumps out of each other and actually playing the game does not make it dull.
Just some dont feel adaequate till they find something to moan about-Grow up its fuckin easy to find fault.

Yep those dirty bastards like Brazil '70, Holland '74, Argentina '78, Brazil '82 & on & on etc etc etc. That thug Zidane got himself sent off in the last final, we don't need the likes of him & Socrates Cruyff, Beckenbaur, Platini, kicking holes out of people when we've got Philipe Melo & fucking Gilberto Silva to look forward to. Who needs Zico or Pele or Jairzinho or Ronaldinho or Ronaldo or Romario when we have quality like Robinho & Elano? Of course Henry was much better this year then when he was 21 & the WC's a better place without Vieira & his overrated bunch. The Dutch Dennis Bergkamp? Do me a favour, overrated we won't miss him or Italians like Zola or any of 'em.

No you're right, best World Cup ever.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby petrov » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:38 am

gk - Eduardo
rb - Maicon
lb - Salcido
cb - Lucio
cb - Medel
mc - Sanchez
mc - Elano (never thought i'd type that)
mc - Ozil
fcr - Messi
fcl - Villa
st - Forlan

Tbh its far from the team I thought i'd pick, before the wc it would have being
Buffon, Maicon, Carvlaho, Terry, A Cole, Gerrard, Kaka, De Rosse, Messi, Villa, Torres.

According to the castrol index its...
gk - Bolhi -Algeria
rb - lahm - Germany
cb - ponce - Chile
cb - medel - Chile
lb - capdevilla - Spain
mc - Riveros - Chile
mc - Gerrard - England
mc - Periera A - Uruguay
fc - Higuain - Argentian
fc - Fabiano - Brazil
fc - Messi - Argentina
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Rag_hater » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:39 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:I would say there are some folk on here who will watch the Wimbledon final and not gve a fuck about any other tennis throughout the the year or watch darts when the Lakeside finals are on and not give a fuck about any other darts competitions the rest of the year and snooker and many other sports.So all this bollocks that the WC drags out a load of people who only take any intrest every 4 years is somewhat hypocrritical.

Yep those dirty bastards like Brazil '70, Holland '74, Argentina '78, Brazil '82 & on & on etc etc etc. That thug Zidane got himself sent off in the last final, we don't need the likes of him & Socrates Cruyff, Beckenbaur, Platini, kicking holes out of people when we've got Philipe Melo & fucking Gilberto Silva to look forward to. Who needs Zico or Pele or Jairzinho or Ronaldinho or Ronaldo or Romario when we have quality like Robinho & Elano? Of course Henry was much better this year then when he was 21 & the WC's a better place without Vieira & his overrated bunch. The Dutch Dennis Bergkamp? Do me a favour, overrated we won't miss him or Italians like Zola or any of 'em.

Where have I said best WC ever.I wouldn't be able to give a definate answer on that as I haven't seen them all and dont see how you can.
And those players you mention may have been good in their time but they would be past it now so I would't want to watch them play now.
I want to see what is the best that is around now and if that means watching players like Messi,Tranny,Tevez etc... your pet hate Robbie and Elano who are as good as your idols in my book then thats a punishment I will take.
Stop harking back to the good ol days when there was plenty of shit.Youv'e never had it so good.
Rag_hater

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:28 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Where have I said best WC ever.I wouldn't be able to give a definate answer on that as I haven't seen them all and dont see how you can.
And those players you mention may have been good in their time but they would be past it now so I would't want to watch them play now.
I want to see what is the best that is around now and if that means watching players like Messi,Tranny,Tevez etc... your pet hate Robbie and Elano who are as good as your idols in my book then thats a punishment I will take.
Stop harking back to the good ol days when there was plenty of shit.Youv'e never had it so good.

Judging by your comments it appears this is the only World Cup you've seen.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:20 pm

So fucking what? Difference is, I don't pretend to be Tennis, Darts or Snooker expert. Yeah, I'm a proper part timer watching those sports and if I'm having a chat with a proper dedicated follower, I'm not going to act like I know everything or in fact bother them with retarded questions.

And as far as this competition so far goes, it has been probably the dullest since I was born. There are only two teams here that I see as anything like classic, Spain and Argentina. And one of those is managed by a complete nutter. And yes, I do think tackling is part of the football as much as dribbling and I don't see why they are trying to take it away from the game.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Rag_hater » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:06 pm

So fucking what? Difference is, I don't pretend to be Tennis, Darts or Snooker expert. Yeah, I'm a proper part timer watching those sports and if I'm having a chat with a proper dedicated follower, I'm not going to act like I know everything or in fact bother them with retarded questions.

And as far as this competition so far goes, it has been probably the dullest since I was born. There are only two teams here that I see as anything like classic, Spain and Argentina. And one of those is managed by a complete nutter. And yes, I do think tackling is part of the football as much as dribbling and I don't see why they are trying to take it away from the game.

Are they fuck trying to take tackling away from the game.If you want to see people flying in with studs showing,raking down peoples leg,jumping in with two feet and generally playing in a thuggish way then you better start watching a contact sport like American football because soccer isa non contact sport where skill with the ball for me is foremost and the rules of the game say so.Any fucker can slide in an make a tackle.Its not very skillful.Its why defenders are cheaper than strikers.
You must keep some bad company if all these so called football experts are doing your head in know cos for me most people who dont have an intrest in football and only pay attention to it every 4 years arnt doing my head in that much.Chill the fuck out dog.
Been dull for you but dont judge me by the same yardstick.I've loved it.
Rag_hater

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:17 pm

Rag_hater wrote:

Are they fuck trying to take tackling away from the game.If you want to see people flying in with studs showing,raking down peoples leg,jumping in with two feet and generally playing in a thuggish way then you better start watching a contact sport like American football because soccer isa non contact sport where skill with the ball for me is foremost and the rules of the game say so.Any fucker can slide in an make a tackle.Its not very skillful.Its why defenders are cheaper than strikers.
You must keep some bad company if all these so called football experts are doing your head in know cos for me most people who dont have an intrest in football and only pay attention to it every 4 years arnt doing my head in that much.Chill the fuck out dog.

So why do they go to the bother of listing types of contact which are illegal if as you say all contact is ruled out? Makes no sense to me.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Rag_hater » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:32 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

So why do they go to the bother of listing types of contact which are illegal if as you say all contact is ruled out? Makes no sense to me.

Some forms of contact are allowed,shoulder to shoulder and once you have made contact with the ball are the ones I can think off.But other than that I dont know.I've made this point before and dug up the FIFA regulation that states it so think I am right.This is why free kicks are given if a player makes contact with another player before touching the ball.It is also another indicator of how english fans think because the rest of the world plays to these rules they are pussies and the real men in the prem who tackle hard are proper men.Fuck sliding in with studs showing,I think its silly,cowardly and unskillful.No doubt there are a lot on here who think that's proper hard man's football.
Rag_hater

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:47 am

Rag_hater wrote:

I don't know if you are just on serious fucking wind up trying to get reaction out of me, but that's fucking dumbest thing I've ever heard. Which fucking tool said "soccer is a non-contact sport"???? Fucking Bill fucking Clinton????? Football is and has always been contact sport. Tackling and physical side of the game has always been there since dawn of the fucking time. Go and watch volleyfuckingball or badminton if you don't like players to be stopped doing their shit.

And what sort of argument is it that "defenders are less expensive than attackers"???? So players value on team contribution is measured on fucking money? Kompany cost us fraction of the money Robinho did, yet we were doing better without the latter cunt but would've struggled without former. And tackling is easy you say? Tells me that you've never actually played the game. Rightly timed sliding tackle is extremely hard manouver that demands lot of skill and training. Sticking the ball to row z from 30 yards out is fucking easy. I can do that no problem. Just as Robinho.

I know you are just trying to wind me up but you don't half come out with some shit every now and then. "Soccer is a non-contact sport"..... fucking hell...

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:19 am

Rag_hater wrote:

I don't lnow if you are just on serious fucking wind up trying to get reaction out of me, but that's fucking dumbest thing I've ever heard. Which fucking tool said "soccer is a non-contact sport"???? Fucking Bill fucking Clinton????? Football is and has always been contact sport. Tackling and physical side of the game has always been part of the game since dawn of the fucking time. Go watch volleyfuckingball or badminton if you don't like players to be stopped doing their shit.

And what sort of argument is is that "defenders are less expensive than attackers"???? So players value on team contribution is measured on fucking money? Kompany cost us fraction of the money Robinho did, yet we were doing better without the latter cunt but would've struggled without former. And tackling is easy you say? Tells me that you've never actually played the game. Rightly timed sliding tackle is extremely hard manouver that demands lot of skill and training. Sticking the ball to row z from 30 yards out is fucking easy. I can do that no problem. Just as Robinho.

I know you are just trying to wind me up but you don't hakf come out with some shit every now and then. "Soccer is not a contact sport"..... fucking hell...

I think there are about six people who use his username & half of them are about 9 years old, one's senile & the others are R.I.G. & his mother.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:28 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

I don't lnow if you are just on serious fucking wind up trying to get reaction out of me, but that's fucking dumbest thing I've ever heard. Which fucking tool said "soccer is a non-contact sport"???? Fucking Bill fucking Clinton????? Football is and has always been contact sport. Tackling and physical side of the game has always been part of the game since dawn of the fucking time. Go watch volleyfuckingball or badminton if you don't like players to be stopped doing their shit.

And what sort of argument is is that "defenders are less expensive than attackers"???? So players value on team contribution is measured on fucking money? Kompany cost us fraction of the money Robinho did, yet we were doing better without the latter cunt but would've struggled without former. And tackling is easy you say? Tells me that you've never actually played the game. Rightly timed sliding tackle is extremely hard manouver that demands lot of skill and training. Sticking the ball to row z from 30 yards out is fucking easy. I can do that no problem. Just as Robinho.

I know you are just trying to wind me up but you don't hakf come out with some shit every now and then. "Soccer is not a contact sport"..... fucking hell...

I think there are about six people who use his username & half of them are about 9 years old, one's senile & the others are R.I.G. & his mother.

Probably......but jeesus, "soccer is a non-contact sport".....I'm still struggling to come terms with that sentence.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:19 pm

I know you are just trying to wind me up but you don't hakf come out with some shit every now and then. "Soccer is not a contact sport"..... fucking hell...[/quote]

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affeder ... _55753.pdf

I think you should give Law 12 a bit of a study.Theres a bit on page 114 which will make a bit clearer for you

]
Rag_hater

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum