England v Germany..................

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: England v Germany..................

Postby Tony P » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:49 pm

crossan wrote:Although I am English by birth I was actually born in Bielefeld Germany

Oxymoron of the week.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:51 pm

Say what you like but the fact is that England have improved throughout the tournament. Granted it was pretty hard not too, but it's happening. The German's have gotten progressively worse too.

England also have experience on their side and I think they'll be suited to the German style of play.

Of course Germany's main attribute is the fact that they're Germany, though maybe not all German.

Either way it's gonna be exciting.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:52 pm

Tony P wrote:
crossan wrote:Although I am English by birth I was actually born in Bielefeld Germany

Oxymoron of the week.

Might be an army brat.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tony P » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:00 pm

Slim wrote:
Tony P wrote:

Oxymoron of the week.

Might be an army brat.

Definitely, still an oxymoron though :)
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:18 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Say what you like but the fact is that England have improved throughout the tournament. Granted it was pretty hard not too, but it's happening. The German's have gotten progressively worse too.

England also have experience on their side and I think they'll be suited to the German style of play.

Of course Germany's main attribute is the fact that they're Germany, though maybe not all German.

Either way it's gonna be exciting.

i can't wait for this match. both of tomorrow's matches will be fun...i've clearly got a soft spot for England and as a North American i'd love for Mexico to give the Argies a hell of a match and come out on top.

I am really excited about the red kit. i think that's the differencemaker. If England play like England can they can still beat anyone in this tournament. If i were you lot i'd hate to face Uruguay or Brasil, but i think everyone else you can win even if you don't play at your 100% best. You potentially have the toughest draw moving forward...so it will just be that much sweeter if you win.

Good luck tomorrow...ill be rooting for you.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:57 am

avoidconfusion wrote:
city72 wrote:We are unbeaten unlike Germany, come on England.

You also had an easier group... and you weren't reduced to 10 men in one of your games for 60 minutes...

oh give over. It was a soft red but very much in line with all the other decisions in this tournament. You aren't supposed to tackle anymore, simple as that.

Anyway, I reckon it's going to be close game but Germany's going to win it. I feel lack of spirit in this England squad and it's all going to come down to who wants it more.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ant london » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:21 am

World Cup 2010: England are the Manchester City of international football

Forty-four years.

There is probably a banner hanging somewhere in Germany, mocking England’s international misery, that simply reads ‘44’.

Just like the ticking clock banner at Old Trafford, currently reading ‘34’, which is used by Manchester United supporters to goad their Manchester City rivals as a reminder of the number of years that have passed since they last won a trophy.

City have had a barren run, that’s for sure, but even their lengthy trophy drought cannot compare to England’s.

There is an argument, though, to suggest that England are the Manchester City of international football.

Look at the similarities. They both have proud histories and supporters of each continue to follow in great numbers and have done through thin and thin.

Both have consistently failed to deliver, yet with each passing failure, the expectancy appears to grow.

England have won nothing since 1966, while City’s wait for a trophy stretches back to 1976.

City’s struggles are well-chronicled, but with the money of Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan flooding into the club, it is surely only a matter of time before they get it right at Eastlands.

England? It all depends on yet another meeting with the Germans in Bloemfontein on Sunday and, if recent form is any guide, the English wait for glory is going to edge towards the half century mark.

Not since 1966 have England beaten the Germans when it has truly mattered. Yes, there was a victory in Charleroi in the group stages of Euro 2000, but neither nation progressed to the knock-out rounds, so it really meant little.

Spain 1982, Italia 90 and Euro 96. On each occasion, England failed to get the victory against the Germans that would have taken them to within touching distance of glory.

Will it be any different in Bloemfontein? For England’s sake, it has to be, but another depressing omen is that no major football nation has been eliminated by England in the World Cup knock-out stages since 1966.

Back then, England accounted for Argentina in the quarter-final before beating West Germany to win the World Cup.

But in the World Cups since, England’s hopes have been ended by Argentina (twice), Germany (twice – plus a 1982 second group elimination) and Brazil.

England’s biggest scalp in the World Cup knock-out rounds since 1966? Toss a coin to decide between the might of Belgium and Cameroon.

And just look at the nations that have progressed to the World Cup semi-finals since England tread that stage in 1990.

Bulgaria, Sweden, Croatia, Turkey and South Korea. Not exactly global super-powers.

Which takes us back to City. Earlier this year, they broke through a psychological barrier by making it to a major cup semi-final for the first time since 1981 in the Carling Cup.

Roberto Mancini’s team ultimately lost out to an injury-time winner by Wayne Rooney against the old enemy, United.

England face their old enemy on Sunday. Will they go one better than City or will it be the same old story all over again?

Jeremy Wilson

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mark ... -football/?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Knappe » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:30 am

At least i hope both teams and fans create a greater world cup atmosphere than there has been up to now. Can´t see a favourite in this match.
Die Nummer 1 im Pott sind wir
Knappe
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Schalke04

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:21 pm

Best of luck today boys and girls.Should be a great footballing occasion.Games like this is what the world cup is all about, the group stage started slowly and was tame enough but its starting to get interesting now in the knock out stages.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dazlebluefrog » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:34 pm

i'm actually gonna go down to a real pub to watch this ,see a couple of english lads i know ,will be supporting england today as i nornally do when they play the Germans or Aussies or Yanks or Argies
shrek to finally score a goal in a england win i reckon 2-0
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby crossan » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:53 pm

Slim wrote:
Tony P wrote:

Oxymoron of the week.

Might be an army brat.

Correct first time.....................
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Redna » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:10 pm

Any team at this level playing Emile Heskey should consider them self lucky not to go home after the group phase. What in earth does Capello see in that player. Useless to the bone.
Barry was a disaster aswell today. Giving the ball away on noumerus occasion.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Blue Blood » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Redna wrote:Any team at this level playing Emile Heskey should consider them self lucky not to go home after the group phase. What in earth does Capello see in that player. Useless to the bone.
CTID!!

Heskey is absolute shit. How he was even considered by Capello to be international quality is utterly beyond me.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Geo123 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:32 pm

barry was found out today, what a pile of crap, wait fir some excuses here like hes been getting all season, hes injured blah blah blah,, hes not up to it
Geo123
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby blootoof » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:36 pm

Redna wrote:Any team at this level playing Emile Heskey should consider them self lucky not to go home after the group phase. What in earth does Capello see in that player. Useless to the bone.
CTID!!

Barry was no worse than anyone else for givin the ball away, Its just that that cunt Lawrenson kept on pickin up on it. The twat even had a go at Boetang ffs. What is it with that twat and City players?
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CityDub » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:54 pm

CityDub
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: kicking looters

Postby blootoof » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:02 pm

CityDub wrote:http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2301/outofafrica.jpg

When does 'Never in Africa' come out?
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:07 pm

so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby s1ty m » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:12 pm

Barry slowly unravelled to the point where his lack of pace became an embarrassment. But Gerrard was consummately the worst player on show; 1 great cross and then unbridled dogshit for 89 other mintes.

As for fucking Rooney, what a twat he really is.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby blootoof » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:16 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:Image

;-)
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum