England v Germany..................

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

England v Germany..................

Postby crossan » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:09 pm

I hope England can beat Germany but they are a very talented young side who have a decent strike force in Klose and Podolski,they may prove the difference.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Re: England v Germany..................

Postby Silva » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:51 am

Personally in my own opinion i reckon we will be in the airport Monday morning on our way home.
Silva
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Cityy
My favourite player is: Adebayor

Postby simon12 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:05 am

Silva wrote:Personally in my own opinion i reckon we will be in the airport Monday morning on our way home.

Loving the positive vibe.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Silva » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:24 am

simon12 wrote:
Silva wrote:Personally in my own opinion i reckon we will be in the airport Monday morning on our way home.

We got 5 points out of a possible 9 and we were in a really easy group where we should of got at least 7 points. We don’t have the quality or the chemistry to face a bigger side like Germany. By the way this is just my opinion and i hope england prove me wrong .
Silva
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby Spurge » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:48 am

Shouldn't right England off, we know they have more to give than we've seen already - Ozil will be Germany's key player, the one who can make things happen.

It will be tough task for England to halt the German machine from rolling into the QF's (I thought they were outstanding 2nd half v Ghana) and if I'm honest I think we'll just come up short, having given them a real run for their money.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:22 pm

crossan wrote:I hope England can beat Germany but they are a very talented young side who have a decent strike force in Klose and Podolski,they may prove the difference.

i am not a fan of England seniors at all, plus i i quite like the approach that recent German teams take to games. However in this instance i just get the feeling that the experience in the England team will possibly stifle the Germans. I can see England frustrating them and picking them off.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby city72 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:47 pm

Silva wrote:
simon12 wrote:

We got 5 points out of a possible 9 and we were in a really easy group where we should of got at least 7 points. We don’t have the quality or the chemistry to face a bigger side like Germany. By the way this is just my opinion and i hope england prove me wrong .

We are unbeaten unlike Germany, come on England.
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:52 pm

If England perform to their capabilities, imo they'll win, I recon comfortably. If they play like they did v Algeria, they'll be humilliated.

I think England will play somewhere closer to their capabilities & win now the nerves have calmed down, then also give Argentina serious problems if they meet afterwards.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Silva » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:07 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If England perform to their capabilities, imo they'll win, I recon comfortably. If they play like they did v Algeria, they'll be humilliated.

I think England will play somewhere closer to their capabilities & win now the nerves have calmed down, then also give Argentina serious problems if they meet afterwards.

Well i hope your right if we get past Germany which is a big ask we should think about going all the way .
Silva
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby Renato_CTID » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:14 pm

Performance of both goalkeepers should decide who will be the winner! The German looks really too young and weak for me, so ...
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:47 pm

Looking forward to it more than any game so far in the tournament.Form will go out the window for this one.It could be the perfect platform for England to give themselves a huge lift with a win.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:57 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:Performance of both goalkeepers should decide who will be the winner! The German looks really too young and weak for me, so ...

Well that fucks us over then.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:11 pm

England Training Session - 26/06/10
[youtube]0LTn7ynhpIs[/youtube]
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Citylee » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:11 pm

It will also be interesting to see our new signing (if he plays) against quality premiership players...

Hopefully he has a mare !!
Man.City.... Kids... Beer ... Wife... in that order
Citylee
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City FC
My favourite player is: Kinky

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:41 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:Performance of both goalkeepers should decide who will be the winner! The German looks really too young and weak for me, so ...

I disagree. From what I've seen that Neuer (?) is a good keeper and I don't think you need to be extremely experienced keeper to be a good one. Sure it helps but not a necessity.
And anyway I'd put my money on the german keeper to play a blinder rather than James. And on the other hand I'd put my money on the english keeper to be the one to screw things up...
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If England perform to their capabilities, imo they'll win, I recon comfortably. If they play like they did v Algeria, they'll be humilliated.

I agree with you, all about how England perform. But I'm sure there is not a single player who isn't fired up to this match which will help England.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:01 pm

city72 wrote:We are unbeaten unlike Germany, come on England.

You also had an easier group... and you weren't reduced to 10 men in one of your games for 60 minutes...
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Silva wrote:

Well i hope your right if we get past Germany which is a big ask we should think about going all the way .

All the half decent teams left in the competition imo should be thinking of winning it at this stage, including England. No team has looked the real deal so far, all have flaws, all are beatable. I worry though, that even if England do play well & get through a few rounds, when we come up against a team with a good defence & the game is tight, the fact that our CB's are so slow could be the deciding factor.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:21 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
city72 wrote:We are unbeaten unlike Germany, come on England.

You also had an easier group... and you weren't reduced to 10 men in one of your games for 60 minutes...

No, it was 90 minutes and he started the first game in goal.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby crossan » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Although I am English by birth I was actually born in Bielefeld Germany and have always regarded them as my 'second' team so although I will be hoping that England manage a victory I will not be completely gutted if we lose as I will have some interest left in the world cup.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum