Friday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Friday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:18 pm

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Valencia want Roque Santa Cruz as part of David Silva's £29m move to Manchester City
Valencia have asked for Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz as a makeweight in the deal for David Silva.
Sportsmail revealed earlier this week that a deal was agreed in principle between the clubs as City fought off late interest from Chelsea. Now Valencia, wary of finding a striker for the right price, have asked for the Paraguayan as part of the £29m deal.

Cesc Fabregas has re-affirmed his desire to join Barcelona after fresh talks with Arsenal.
Manager Arsene Wenger had told the 23-year-old in a heart to heart discussion last month to leave any transfer dealings with him but Fabregas has once again underlined his stance in a conversation with his manager and wants the club to press ahead with a deal.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has admitted he is trying to beat Arsenal to the signature of Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole. The Sun

New Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh wants the Gunners to sign his ex-Bordeaux team-mate Yoann Gourcuff. The Sun

Barcelona's ex-Arsenal striker Thierry Henry is set to join MLS side New York Red Bulls on a two-year deal. Daily Mirror

Liverpool have their sights on Wolves keeper Wayne Hennessey and will make an improved after after a £2m bid was rejected. The Sun

Blackburn have told defender Zurab Khizanishvili to find a new club. The Sun

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill may move for Celtic winger Aiden McGeady. Daily Mirror

Hull will give Jimmy Bullard a £2m golden handshake so he can leave the relegated club. Celtic and West Brom are keen on the midfielder. Daily Mirror

Middlesbrough are poised to sign Charlton captain Nicky Bailey after agreeing a fee of £1.4m. Daily Mirror

Stoke City have emerged as the favourites to sign Cardiff midfielder Joe Ledley despite interest from Celtic, Roma, West Ham, Everton, Panathinaikos, Galatasaray and Fenerbache. Daily Mail

Lazio are lining up an £8m double bid for Portsmouth's Kevin-Prince Boateng and Nadir Belhadj. Daily Mail

Sunderland will sign Egypt right-back Ahmed Al-Muhammadi on loan for a season from Egyptian club ENPPI, beating off late interest from West Brom. Daily Mail

WAG OF THE DAY
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4064 ... ncy#page/1

OTHER BOLLOX
Liverpool expect to finalise the appointment of Roy Hodgson as the club's new manager following his return from South Africa today. The Fulham manager, who has been commenting at the World Cup for the BBC, has been the frontrunner for the Liverpool job since Rafael Benítez left Anfield this month and could be confirmed as the Spaniard's successor within days.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... on-manager

Fulham are lining up Sven-Goran Eriksson as Hodgson's replacement.
Daily Mirror

Blackpool fans fear manager Ian Holloway could walk out of the club only one month after winning promotion to the Premier League after he rejected the Seasiders' first offer of a new deal. (Daily Mirror)

Argentine superstar Lionel Messi is such a big fan of Oasis that he wants them to reform and play a gig in Buenos Aires to celebrate if his country wins the World Cup. (Daily Express)

The France striker Nicolas Anelka has signed a one-year contract extension at Chelsea. The 31-year-old's deal was due to run out at the end of next season, and talks about an extension were postponed until after the World Cup.

FIFA have confirmed England will wear their 'lucky' all red kit against Germany in Bloemfontein on Sunday.
As the designated away team, it was always likely England would be forced to wear their change strip, as they did against Slovenia, to avoid a clash with their old rivals.
But by again electing for red shorts, as opposed to the white ones they intended to adorn in their 'away' strip, they can wear exactly the same colours as they did on Thursdaynight.
It is believed to be the players' preference anyway and they have never lost wearing all red, as they had done on four occasions prior to the Slovenia encounter.
If he is looking for omens, Capello received another one as well given England's final training session will take place at their Rustenburg base on Saturday.
For the second match running they have been informed the state of the pitch in Bloemfontein is not in a decent enough condition to allow either side to train on it 24 hours before kick-off.
Instead, Capello will run the rule over his men much closer to home, with less chance of being spied upon, before taking the short flight south for an early evening press conference.

All clubs make mistakes in the transfer market. For every Wayne Rooney, there is a Massimo Taibi. For every Fernando Torres, there is a Salif Diao. For every Jermaine Defoe, there is a Sergei Rebrov.
For some teams though, those calamities recur on an all too often basis. Manchester City’s almost suspicious bundle of has-beens, duds, and downright unfathomable purchases throughout their history flabbergast even the most committed and devout sections of their die-hard fans. Some of Manchester City’s imports have been so bad, in fact, that they are now the stuff of legend. So, what other reason do you need to peruse the oil-rich club’s dark, woeful and cringe worthy history?
http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/p ... me+Page%29
Last edited by Chinners on Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Friday's B*ll*x

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:27 pm

Fuckin hell chinners, you got your bollox out early today!
Original Dub

Postby Chinners » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:29 pm

Was bored to be honest ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby kinkylola » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:48 am

wait ... we get silva AND they will take santa cruz off us? SNAP THEIR HANDS OFF
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Chinners » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:17 am

Jack Wilshere to Man City B*llox
Red Arse talked yesterday about how we get built up only to be let down by the rumours that do the rounds every transfer window. Mostly of course we tend to get ‘excited’ about those we are linked to, occasionally we get just a tad down hearted about those suggested to be on the brink of leaving.
Right now, the main talking point is about whether or not our captain will leave, but then yesterday I saw this written on the good old football rumour site. Someone who is obviously trying to have a laugh suggested that Citeh are going to sign Jack Wilshere, they have assured him of regular football a the lad can’t wait to move.
http://avenell.wordpress.com/2010/06/25 ... eah-right/

Arsenal are thought to be considering a £12m bid for Liverpool winger Ryan Babel. caughtoffside.com

Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack is poised to sign for Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen, according to German sports agency SID.
Last edited by Chinners on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Vhero » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:25 am

kinkylola wrote:wait ... we get silva AND they will take santa cruz off us? SNAP THEIR HANDS OFF

I was thinking the same thing lol
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby btajim » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:46 am

Valencia want Roque Santa Cruz as part of David Silva's £29m move to Manchester City
Valencia have asked for Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz as a makeweight in the deal for David Silva.
Sportsmail revealed earlier this week that a deal was agreed in principle between the clubs as City fought off late interest from Chelsea. Now Valencia, wary of finding a striker for the right price, have asked for the Paraguayan as part of the £29m deal.

Collection to pay Santa Cruz's plane ticket? £10 from me.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby gilford » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:06 am

I'll happily pay the full amount for the ticket (easyjet of course!)!
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby Esky » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:07 am

Mettomo was much better than all the other bad signings listed there.

Santa Cruz and Bianchi should be on the list as well. At least we recouped most of the value on Rolly White though.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Chinners » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:01 pm

EVENING BOLLOX
Diego Arismendi was brought to the Premier League by Tony Pulis’ South American scout network in 2009 and the Uruguayan has been hitting the right notes ever since. Unless, that is, you are Dr Muhammad Khan, the plastic surgeon that was forced to vacate his two-bedroom flat underneath Diego’s lodgings because of the footballer’s relentless partying.
Arriving from Club Nacional for a fee of £2.6m (which could rise to £4.4m), the South American has now reportedly attracted the attention of Premier League heavy-weights Arsenal and Manchester City. With Stoke City set to withdraw from the Premier Reserve League next season, both sides have been closely watching his progression and could be more than willing to add to it should Pulis be convinced to let him go. http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/p ... stoke-star

Berts bollox
Manchester City legend Bert Traumann hopeful Wayne Rooney won't fire England past Germany
Ex-Blues goalkeeper on 'nightmare draw'...
Manchester City legend Bert Trautmann has fingers crossed that Wayne Rooney doesn't re-discover his goalscoring touch for England against Germany.
The 24-year-old has cut a frustrated figure at World Cup 2010, with his anger boiling over against the Three Lions fans in the 0-0 draw with Algeria. Signs of recover were present in the 1-0 win against Slovenia on Wednesday, and this return to form is perfectly timed with the heavyweight second round clash against Joachim Loew's side on Sunday.
Speaking to the Manchester Evening News, Trautmann was eager to see Rooney to continue to flop in South Africa.
“Rooney has not had a good tournament but that can change - hopefully not on Sunday. We know all about what he is capable of doing," Trautmann said.
“The way it has worked out is a nightmare for both countries. We know all about Rooney and all the English players. He will be marked and given no space.
“Neither the English nor the Germans have been convincing so far. It will be a very tight game on Sunday. England should have scored four or five goals against Slovenia, and Ghana were technically superior than Germany in their group game.
“Both countries have dreams but, for me, Argentina, Spain, Brazil and the Dutch have been playing better than both of us."

Weiss flattered by the Toon's Bollox
Magpies linked with loan move for Eastlands youngster
..Manchester City winger Vladimir Weiss would be flattered by reported interest from Newcastle, according to his agent Juraj Venglos.
The St James' Park have been linked with move for the 20-year-old Slovakia international, who has helped his side reach the last 16 of the World Cup in South Africa.
In January, Weiss joined Bolton on loan, making 13 appearances and contributed to Owen Coyle's side avoiding relegation from the top flight.
Venglos told TASR: "Vladimir would surely be flattered by the chance to play regularly at a club as big as Newcastle United.
"I know of Newcastle's interest only from the media. In any case, Vladmimir naturally wants to play at a good club, but he will have to make a decision himself.
"Whether there is any truth in it or not, one thing is for sure - any possible negotiations will begin only after the World Cup."
Weiss moved to Manchester City in 2006 and proved to be an instant hit at Eastlands, winning the FA Youth Cup in 2007.
The youngster had to wait until 2009 before scoring his first senior goal against Arsenal in the Carling Cup.
In the same year, the promising Slovakian signed a new contract at City, keeping him at the club until 2012.

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway has dismissed speculation that he is about to leave the club. Holloway is currently negotiating a new contract with the Seasiders after overseeing their promotion to the Premier League last season.
He told the Blackpool Gazette: "Anyone that thinks I would walk out on the club must be mad. The negotiations have gone on for a few weeks, but we are pretty close to sorting it out I think. We are still in talks."Blackpool gazette

Former Charlton and West Ham boss Alan Curbishley is on Fulham's shortlist to succeed Roy Hodgson as manager, should he join Liverpool. Sven-Goran Eriksson, Mark Hughes and Tony Mowbray are the others being considered.goal.com
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum