Roy Hodgson accepts Liverpool offer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Roy Hodgson accepts Liverpool offer

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:07 pm

KOPTALK can exclusively reveal that Roy Hodgson has accepted the opportunity to become the next manager of Liverpool Football Club.

The Fulham manager was always the bookies favourite to land the job despite the Reds having considered several alternatives including former Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini.

Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish wanted the job but was turned down flat by the current Anfield board. One of Hodgson's first jobs will be to try and persuade his friend to remain at the club.

Dalglish has so far rejected the opportunity to be appointed as Director of Football but maybe he will reconsider when things settle down.

Hodgson has agreed terms with Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow but no official announcement will be made until Fulham and Liverpool finalise a compensation payment. That shouldn't be a problem.

Later today Hodgson is due to talk to senior members of the Liverpool coaching staff to help him come to a decision as to who should be his assistant.

Hodgson is not on Merseyside at this time and is unlikely to be until everything is official. That doesn't need to be rushed though with Liverpool's players currently down in South Africa or away on their holidays.

Although Liverpool have finally found their new manager, there's still no sign of any new owners. As previously reported by KOPTALK, Liverpool have recently lost Sheikh Khalifa of Abu Dhabi and at least one Indian bidder as a result of the ridiculous valuation of the club.

http://www.koptalk.co.uk/201006242395/Liverpool-FC-News/exclusive-roy-hodgson-accepts-liverpool-offer.html
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Roy Hodgson accepts Liverpool offer

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:11 pm

Ah hahahahahahahaha

I feel sorry for Roy, TBH. This fucking site was the same one that gave the "exclusive" for the sheikh taking over. I see he's backtracked the fuck out that exclusive!

Hilarious the lot of it.
Original Dub

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:17 am

I think I'm the only one not a fully paid up member of the RH fan club.

What position did Fulham finish last year? 12th. Decent enough but worse than the year before. Sure the Europa thing affected that, and what a fun adventure, but Boro and even Rangers (FFS) have had similar jollies ending in failure.

And didn't he take over the title-winning Blackburn team once upon a time, with inglorious results?

He's got a decent 'record' but no more. Not sure about him being the Kop saviour.

But probably the best they can get.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:41 am

Decent mid table manager and he should keep them up next season, as he's proved at fulham he can get the best out of shit players.

Wonder if the likes of masherano, gerrard and torres think the club is heading in the right direction? I'd be very surprised if them 3 are still there by september and a few others will be hoping a decent world cup is there ticket out. I keep telling the scouser at work that they are the next leeds. I think he's starting to believe me.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby eastlandsblue » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:44 am

john@staustell wrote:I think I'm the only one not a fully paid up member of the RH fan club.

What position did Fulham finish last year? 12th. Decent enough but worse than the year before. Sure the Europa thing affected that, and what a fun adventure, but Boro and even Rangers (FFS) have had similar jollies ending in failure.

And didn't he take over the title-winning Blackburn team once upon a time, with inglorious results?

He's got a decent 'record' but no more. Not sure about him being the Kop saviour.

I agree with you John, he's a top manager.
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:01 am

eastlandsblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I think I'm the only one not a fully paid up member of the RH fan club.

His football is fucking dreadful too on the whole, so should suit Liverpool down to the ground
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:50 am

eastlandsblue wrote:

You remind of someone else on the forum, just can't seem to put my finger on it?

Doom Merchant, can you help us out here?
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:10 am

I'm right with you. He was Finland manager and fuck me we were boring to watch. I could do us losing few games as long as we try and win the games. We never make it to any competitions anyway.

I think he is decent manager. He has very clear idea how he wants his teams to play and will drill them accordingly. However he is not a winner. He himself said in one interview when he was Finland manager that he doesn't really enjoy day to day pressure of managing in club football. Unless he has had some near religious experience and change of mind, I think he is taking over a completely wrong job.

But hey ho, he is the flavour of the month manager right now so I doubt many people would agree with me and you. Truth is, his performance, apart for UEFA Cup run (and remember that Middlesbrough had similar run in same competition few years back), in Fulham has been mostly average. I think he is going to be huge flop and I will have few quids on him being sacked before season 11/12 kicks off.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby btajim » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:14 pm

I didn't renew my Membership of the RH fan club recently but Fulham most definitely negated their Premiership campaign in order to give the Europa League a go. Hodgson's experience in Europe saw some incredible victories over Juventus and the better sides in Germany. And Fulham had an excellent Premiership campaign under Hodgson in the 08/09 season.

He deserves a go at one last big job and I think his calm head could be what Liverpool need right now. The older Managers are becoming fashionable again. Shrewsbury Town have recently appointed Graham Turner.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:He was Finland manager and fuck me we were boring to watch.

pretty much sums it up...Scouse are the new Finland.

Reindeer sammich anyone?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:26 pm

Original Dub wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:

You remind of someone else on the forum, just can't seem to put my finger on it?

Doom Merchant, can you help us out here?

don't drag me into your sophisticated, complex nightmare world.

[youtube]-eCD5Nuoyi4[/youtube]
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Return to The Maine Football forum