***Official Cameroon v Holland Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

***Official Cameroon v Holland Thread***

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:11 pm

[center]Image
Venue: Cape Town
Date: Thursday, 24 June 2010
Kick-off: 19:30[/center]

TEAM NEWS

Cameroon coach Paul Le Guen may be tempted to make changes for his team's final game of this World Cup. Rigobert Song, Aurelien Chedjou and keeper Carlos Kameni could come in while defender Gaetan Bong, striker Eric Choupo-Moting and midfielder Joel Matip are also in contention.

Netherlands coach Bert van Marwijk says he isn't planning any changes and will field the same team for the third game in a row. That means Arjen Robben, close to recovering from a hamstring injury, will have to settle for a place on the bench at best.

One booking from suspension: De Jong, Van Persie, Van der Wiel (Netherlands); Nkoulou, Bassong, Mbia (Cameroon).
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: ***Official Cameroon v Holland Thread***

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:45 pm

Is anyone else watching this??
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Slim » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Nope, dead rubber. Watching Japan v Denmark.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:58 pm

Is it on TV, can only see the Denmark v Japan game?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:03 pm

BBC 3 or the red button
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:07 pm

Van Persie just scored

Cameroon 0-1 Holland
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Kyle » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Rigobert Song became the only African to ever play in four world cups. Congrats to the lad (or old man)...
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:23 am

Kyle wrote:Rigobert Song became the only African to ever play in four world cups. Congrats to the lad (or old man)...

Talking about defenders who can't defend.....

Anyway, he is two years older than me and ou just descriped him as an old man. While I kept stiff upper lip, there were tears running inside of me.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:31 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Kyle wrote:Rigobert Song became the only African to ever play in four world cups. Congrats to the lad (or old man)...

Anyway, he is two years older than me and ou just descriped him as an old man. While I kept stiff upper lip, there were tears running inside of me.

everything's relative, mate. he's old for a footballer, whereas you and I are strapping young men still to hit our peak.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:35 am

mr_nool wrote:

everything's relative, mate. he's old for a footballer, whereas you and I are strapping young men still to hit our peak.

Finally some sense in this topic. Now all I need is to make that fit 20 year old secretary believe it.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:56 am

mr_nool wrote:

Finally some sense in this topic. Now all I need is to make that fit 20 year old secretary believe it.

i can tell you that sometimes cold, hard cash works, but the pleasure is fleeting. Not that i know from personal experience. i read it in books and watched it on TV. Just sayin.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Return to The Maine Football forum