Thursday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:05 am

POSTED ELSEWHERE BOLLOX
Manchester City have been given permission to talk to Valencia's £30m-rated winger David Silva. the Sun
However, Chelsea are set to hijack Manchester City's move for Silva as the 24-year-old is said to prefer a move to the Premier League champions. Daily Mail

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Serbia striker Milan Jovanovic could pull out of his move to Liverpool and may join former Reds manager Rafael Benitez at Inter Milan, despite signing a pre-contract agreement with the Anfield club in February. the Sun

Manchester United and Tottenham are eyeing up Mexico striker Pablo Barrera from Pumas. Daily Mail

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is set to win his battle for Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer after offering £3.5m for the Australian. Daily Mirror

Tottenham are offering striker Robbie Keane at a knock-down price as manager Harry Redknapp looks to change his forward line ahead of Spurs' Champions League campaign. Daily Mirror

Wolves manager Mick McCarthy is hoping to add Ivory Coast striker Aruna Dindane, who was thought to have signed for Qater-based club Lekhwiya from Lens after a loan spell at Portsmouth, to his line-up this summer. Daily Mail

Everton are poised to make a move for Paris St Germain midfielder Stephane Sessegnon. Toffees manager David Moyes is hoping to lure the 26-year-old to Goodison Park for about £6m. Daily Mirror

Wigan will make Argentina striker Mauro Boselli their record £5.8m signing, with the Estudiantes player on his way to England to put pen to paper on a deal. Daily Mirror

Celtic are chasing Newcastle goalkeeper Steve Harper. New manager Neil Lennon is ready to make a move for the 35-year-old if he can sell Artur Boruc. Daily Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
Fulham manager Roy Hodgson is on his way back to England from the World Cup and looks set to resume talks to take over at Liverpool. Daily Mirror

Manchester United defender Gary Neville's dream of building an eco-friendly £6m underground house is set to be decided by the Government. The scheme has been referred to Communities Secretary Eric Pickles to make a final decision. The flower-shaped futuristic home has a kitchen as the centrepiece with bedrooms and bathrooms in six petal-like offshoots. The Sun
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:54 am

Manchester City have been given permission to talk to Valencia's £30m-rated winger David Silva. the Sun
However, Chelsea are set to hijack Manchester City's move for Silva as the 24-year-old is said to prefer a move to the Premier League champions. Daily Mail

It's only natural that an ambitious young Player would prefer to join the Premier League Champions and Champions League qualifiers over City - but we snatched Robinho from them so we can snatch another by doubling the salary offer.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:06 am

btajim wrote:

It's only natural that an ambitious young Player would prefer to join the Premier League Champions and Champions League qualifiers over City - but we snatched Robinho from them so we can snatch another by doubling the salary offer.

Or we could tell him to fuck off.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:50 am

How the fuck can you 'hijack' something that's been open knowledge for 6 months?

Also I'm pretty sure Chelsea have decided not to go head to head with City on any player. Their chief exec met our guy (Marwood I think) about a month ago for 'dinner'. He has also stated Chelsea wont be competing with us.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:54 am

john@staustell wrote:How the fuck can you 'hijack' something that's been open knowledge for 6 months?

Also I'm pretty sure Chelsea have decided not to go head to head with City on any player. Their chief exec met our guy (Marwood I think) about a month ago for 'dinner'. He has also stated Chelsea wont be competing with us.

that's ridiculous to think that they won't compete with us. They are our biggest competitive threat when it comes to opening our wallet and using the wedge to gain advantage.

Also, follow me around for a minute. I hijack a lot of threads. That's how you hijack. Since you asked. Not my best trait, but things happen.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Martinez » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:00 am

Chinners wrote:Manchester U***d defender Gary Neville's dream of building an eco-friendly £6m underground house is set to be decided by the Government. The scheme has been referred to Communities Secretary Eric Pickles to make a final decision. The flower-shaped futuristic home has a kitchen as the centrepiece with bedrooms and bathrooms in six petal-like offshoots. The Sun

What is there to think about, if chuckles wants to move under ground, they should let him.
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby walshawblue » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:55 am

Martinez wrote:
Chinners wrote:Manchester U***d defender Gary Neville's dream of building an eco-friendly £6m underground house is set to be decided by the Government. The scheme has been referred to Communities Secretary Eric Pickles to make a final decision. The flower-shaped futuristic home has a kitchen as the centrepiece with bedrooms and bathrooms in six petal-like offshoots. The Sun

What is there to think about, if chuckles wants to move under ground, they should let him.

Chuckles should be allowed to build an underground house it will suit the rat,but he's upset a lot of people around here with his monstrosity of a househat hes only just had built.
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Chinners » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:08 am

COLIN HENDRY BOLLOX
The former Scotland and Blackburn Rovers defender Colin Hendry has been formally declared bankrupt at a Lancashire court.
Hendry, of Lytham, was served with a demand for payment by his creditors on 12 March, Blackpool County Court heard.
He had applied for an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) to pay off the undisclosed amount, but the request was rejected by most creditors.
Among the creditors was SpreadEx, an online betting firm.
The company's barrister, Tim Gosling, said there had been no contact from Mr Hendry since the application for an IVA.
No figures were given by the court as to what Mr Hendry is said to owe and no court documents were made available.
But it has been reported that the former Scotland skipper faces a tax bill of more than £1m and owes thousands of pounds to other creditors.
District Judge Michael Buckley granted the bankruptcy order.
Hendry was capped more than 50 times for Scotland and played for Rangers, Blackburn Rovers, Manchester City and Bolton Wanderers. He also managed several lower league clubs.
The father-of-four's wife Denise died last year, seven years after a botched liposuction operation.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby irblinx » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:13 am

Chinners wrote:COLIN HENDRY BOLLOX
The former Scotland and Blackburn Rovers defender Colin Hendry has been formally declared bankrupt at a Lancashire court.
Hendry, of Lytham, was served with a demand for payment by his creditors on 12 March, Blackpool County Court heard.
He had applied for an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) to pay off the undisclosed amount, but the request was rejected by most creditors.
Among the creditors was SpreadEx, an online betting firm.
The company's barrister, Tim Gosling, said there had been no contact from Mr Hendry since the application for an IVA.
No figures were given by the court as to what Mr Hendry is said to owe and no court documents were made available.
But it has been reported that the former Scotland skipper faces a tax bill of more than £1m and owes thousands of pounds to other creditors.
District Judge Michael Buckley granted the bankruptcy order.
Hendry was capped more than 50 times for Scotland and played for Rangers, Blackburn Rovers, Manchester City and Bolton Wanderers. He also managed several lower league clubs.
The father-of-four's wife Denise died last year, seven years after a botched liposuction operation.

FFS, he must be pretty low
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Chinners » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:06 pm

PRICELESS BOLLOX
IS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE TO STOP MANCHESTER CITY COMPLETELY RUINING THE PREMIER LEAGUES FINEST TEAMS ADDING TO THEIR COLLECTIONS? IT SEEMS THAT EVERY SINGLE!!! PLAYER ANY OF THE TOP 4 TEAMS WANT TO SIGN THEY HAVE ALREADY OR ARE ABOUT TO MAKE AN OFFER FOR. IS IT MIND GAMES? OR PERHAPS JUST TESTING THEIR FINANCIAL ATTRACTION EITHER WAY, IT IS JUST GETTING WAY OUT OF HAND AND I CAN’T SEE THEM BEING STOPED UNLESS SOME NEW LAW IS PUT INTO PLACE TO STOP THEM RUINING PLAYERS CAREERS (TEVEZ EXCLUDED OBVIOUSLY)
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/06/22 ... ller-bids/
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:05 pm

EVENING BOLLOX ROUND UP
Cash-strapped Spanish outfit Valencia have confirmed that David Silva is in talks with Manchester City with a view to join the Eastlands club in the summer.
The news comes just over a month after the high-profile departure of their Spanish striking sensation David Villa who joined Barcelona before meeting up with Silva in South Africa for the World Cup.
The 24-year-old has been linked with a move to the Premier League since his impressive displays in the international European championships in 2008.
Silva, having represented his country at all levels, currently has over 30 caps for the Spanish senior side with 7 goals to his name. However, he has recently fallen out of favour after a relatively poor performance in Spain’s first World Cup group game against Switzerland.
Having once again proven his quality by scoring 8 goals and providing 7 assists this season for Valencia – who finished third in La Liga behind runaway winners Barcelona and runners-up Real Madrid – Manchester City have signalled their intent to acquire the midfielder.
Valencia’s deputy chairman has today confirmed that the two clubs are in preliminary talks over the transfer.
City, however are not alone in the pursuit of the £30m-rated midfielder. Chelsea have also stuck their sizable weight behind a bid to lure the Spaniard to Stamford Bridge and that has caused David Silva to rethink the approaches made by Manchester City. The absence of the opportunity to play Champions League football at Eastlands may become the deciding factor in the player’s considerations.
A third, as yet unnamed, club is also rumoured to be considering a bid for the player who has been at Valencia since signing on as a youth at the turn of the millennium.

Everton make Ireland enquiry
Everton have apparently made an enquiry over the availability of Stephen Ireland, according to the Daily Telegraph.
The paper reports that the midfielder wants to leave City, but that the Eastlands club will want between £8m and £10m.
David Moyes has long been an admirer of the Republic of Ireland international, although it could make City’s interest in Mikel Arteta more real if the Blues make a formal move for Ireland.

Manchester City ready to let Robinho leave
City meet with Brazilians's agent : Club want to recoup large part of £32.5m fee
The Brazil forward Robinho has endured a troubled time since arriving at Manchester City in 2008. Manchester City have accepted that Robinho wants no further part to play in the Abu Dhabi-led revolution of the club after face-to-face talks today with the player's representatives.
The Brazilian's father, Gilvan de Souza, and agent Evandro de Souza reiterated that Robinho wanted to leave during a meeting with City's chief executive, Garry Cook, and the football administrator Brian Marwood in Manchester.
The talks have been described as "amicable" but Cook and Marwood made it clear that City would want to recoup a significant proportion of the £32.5m they paid to sign Robinho from Real Madrid on the day of the Abu Dhabi United Group's takeover in September 2008. The chances of that happening have been heightened by his impressive performances so far in the World Cup, and the 26-year-old is already attracting interest from a number of clubs.
How many of his admirers will be able to afford him remains to be seen, however. Besiktas, for instance, have inquired about his availability but are unlikely to meet the financial requirements. City are determined not to let such a talented if wayward player leave on the cheap and, if no buyer can be found, they will take him back when his loan arrangement with Santos expires on 4 August.
City have already signed Jérôme Boateng for £10.5m from Hamburg as well as putting in place a £25m deal for Barcelona's Ivory Coast international Yaya Touré, who is expected to take a medical examination once he returns from the World Cup.
The most powerful spenders in the Premier League are also getting encouraging signs from Valencia as they try to beat off competition from Chelsea to make the Spanish international David Silva their next high-profile signing. City have offered Valencia €35m and it is now a question of whether they can ease the player's misgivings about joining a club that is not in the Champions League.
Silva's preference was to move to Chelsea but the champions cannot compete with City in financial terms and there was an increasing sense of optimism at Eastlands last night after a day of intensive negotiations behind the scenes.
guardian.co.uk
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum