Why we wont Win the World Cup..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Why we wont Win the World Cup..

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:37 am

The reason we wont win the world cup is abundantly clear up front.

Wayne Rooney, fresh from shitting on the fans, was on a one man "Rooney Promotion" mission yesterday. His refusal to play the simple pass to set milner in on goal on at least 2/3 occasions at 1.0, when it was clear that on the balance of probabilities we needed to win by 2 clear goals or more. It showed that to Rooney, in his head, yesterdays game was all about him.

I'm becoming more and more despondant on our reliance on cunts like this
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:08 am

CityGer wrote:Open goal misses by Gerrard, Defoe and Rooney.

Ghana, then Uruguay or Mexico or Germany and Argentina?? Hmmmm....

Very little is being made of this as everyone is on such a high, I was pretty disappointed after the game. I felt we should have burried them 3/4-0 and made our path in the rest of the tournament i little easier.

Spot on Cityger - shades of 1998 for England again. We've made a complete town halls of what was a pi$$ easy group, and have now sent ourselves down a route we wont be able to get through. In 98 we lost to Romania, and ended up facing Argentina, who knocked us out; if we'd beaten them it would have been Holland in the Q-F and that would have done for us.

This time, instead of Ghana and Uruguay/S Korea, potentially games we could get through, we'll face Germany and then if we survive that Argentina; in short, its too much. England usually have at least 1 really good performance in them at a WC and they'll need that on sunday but get past the Germans and Argentina? I'd rate the chances as slim and none. In 10 days time there will no doubt be a lot of reflection from all concerned looking back and thinking "Why didn't we beat Algeria" or "Why didn't we score more against Slovenia?" - we only have ourselves to blame for the mess we've made of it.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wooders » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:16 am

even if we beat germany the chances are we are gonna have to play argentina
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:26 am

Goaters 103 wrote:

Very little is being made of this as everyone is on such a high, I was pretty disappointed after the game. I felt we should have burried them 3/4-0 and made our path in the rest of the tournament i little easier.

Spot on Cityger - shades of 1998 for England again. We've made a complete town halls of what was a pi$$ easy group, and have now sent ourselves down a route we wont be able to get through. In 98 we lost to Romania, and ended up facing Argentina, who knocked us out; if we'd beaten them it would have been Holland in the Q-F and that would have done for us.

This time, instead of Ghana and Uruguay/S Korea, potentially games we could get through, we'll face Germany and then if we survive that Argentina; in short, its too much. England usually have at least 1 really good performance in them at a WC and they'll need that on sunday but get past the Germans and Argentina? I'd rate the chances as slim and none. In 10 days time there will no doubt be a lot of reflection from all concerned looking back and thinking "Why didn't we beat Algeria" or "Why didn't we score more against Slovenia?" - we only have ourselves to blame for the mess we've made of it.

In my eyes, the failure to score 2/3 yesterday is just as bad as the performance against Algeria. It was always likely that USA would win, so we had to outscore them, and although we made a fist of it in the first half, how many times did we make the keeper make a save? Fundamentally that alone tells you all you the problem.

* Jermaine Defoe by the way, touched the ball 5 times in the match according to Opta.
* For all the Milner hype, only one cross got to an England player
* Our entire midfield made only 6 tackles in the game, Gerrard incidentally made none

For all the hustle and bustle, it was fucking woeful.

Rooney's greed, bringing Heskey and Cole on as our forward partnership, i'm fucking staggered. Qualifying 2nd from that group is fuck all to be proud about, and has made possibly the easiest ever run to a world cup semi final into a nightmare.

Good luck to USA, I expect to see them in the semis now.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:31 am

Wooders wrote:even if we beat germany the chances are we are gonna have to play argentina

2 dodgy defences. Gives us hope & evens things out with our dodgy, red faced, wheezing but comitted defence. Also two teams who the players don't need a teamtalk for; Beckenbauer is mouthing off about England yet again in the press & Maradona is like a red rag to a blue without speaking anyway, but he's almost certain to say something crap about us if we're due to meet them.

Ideal opponents.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:22 am

johnpb78 wrote:The reason we wont win the world cup is abundantly clear up front.

Wayne Rooney, fresh from shitting on the fans, was on a one man "Rooney Promotion" mission yesterday. His refusal to play the simple pass to set milner in on goal on at least 2/3 occasions at 1.0, when it was clear that on the balance of probabilities we needed to win by 2 clear goals or more. It showed that to Rooney, in his head, yesterdays game was all about him.

I'm becoming more and more despondant on our reliance on cunts like this

You've hit the nail on the head John. By Capello's own admission the team was built around Roony, Heskey being his (Roony's) choice of striking partner. He's obviously more interested in himself than the team. It's a fulking disgrace.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:22 pm

This England side might play better against the stronger Teams.

We're due some luck in a crucial Match given the Penalties, sending offs and disallowed Goals that have put us out of International Competitions before.

Nothing like positive thinking, though...
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:47 pm

I've desperately being trying to find a copy of the front page of The Daily Mirror back in 1996 with "Achtung! Surrender!" on the front with Gazza and Pearce mocked up with WWII helmets on.

Those were the days.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby 9secondlegend » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:53 pm

King Kev wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:aaalso
we are not godd eough

Ha ha, I love a good PWP. Hope you're head's not too sore this moring! :o)

no head ache but i felt like shite!
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Slim » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:56 pm

btajim wrote:I've desperately being trying to find a copy of the front page of The Daily Mirror back in 1996 with "Achtung! Surrender!" on the front with Gazza and Pearce mocked up with WWII helmets on.

Those were the days.

Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Slim wrote:
btajim wrote:I've desperately being trying to find a copy of the front page of The Daily Mirror back in 1996 with "Achtung! Surrender!" on the front with Gazza and Pearce mocked up with WWII helmets on.

Those were the days.

Slim for Legend Status.

LOL! I love that headline.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:03 pm

I love how they actually think some people will 'cut out and keep' - that always used to rank right up there with the 'souvenir pullout' bits of tat that they used to do from time to time.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:37 pm

btajim wrote:

This England side might play better against the stronger Teams.

We're due some luck in a crucial Match given the Penalties, sending offs and disallowed Goals that have put us out of International Competitions before.

Nothing like positive thinking, though...

Quick reality check for you James, there have been 10 world cup tournaments since 1966 and Germany have advanced further than us in every single one of them.

Thinking we wont get past both Germany and Argentina is called realism. Until England prove us otherwise, and lets face it they hardly look capable do they, I'd say to expect England to go much further in this tournament is to ignore whats right in front of your eyes.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:55 pm

I love that JT did that. Proper commitment. Still a grade A twat though.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:56 pm

btajim wrote:
Slim wrote:

Those were the days.

Slim for Legend Status.

LOL! I love that headline.

Yeh but we lost, because we once again couldn't deliver. I gave up on giving a shit about England winning a tournament long ago. In fact I think its quite funny watching Rooney make himself look like a desperate selfish prick in front of the worlds media. I hope he goes home without scoring a single goal at this world cup. Then we can always say to Rags when they're wanking over him - "well the bitch couldn't do it on the big stage could he, so he ain't all that girlfriend"
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby branny » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:13 pm

Could be Germans, Argies, Portugal, Brazil that we have to beat to win it. Yes we have been garbage but we won when we had to and wouldn't it be fantastic to lay to bed all those bogey teams in one foul swoop. There may be better teams than us in the tournament but it's knockout football and anything can happen

I'd like to see how we do without being victims of cheating, a deflected or flukey goal and finishing the game with 11 men and surely it must be our turn to stick it up somebody on pens. I believe we can beat anybody on our day.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:42 pm

I agree Branny "on our day" but you are looking at 4 "on our days" in what, 14 days? I can see one "on our day" , sunday is 50/50. But even if Argentina aren't waiting in the quarters that still requires an "on our day" performance to get through that. Sorry, if England get to the semi's they've done amazingly well. It STILL wouldnt hide the fact that our youth development system is faulty, just as 1990 didn't. Remember, where were England fans in 1994? at home on the sofa cheering when Letchkov spammed in the winner against the Germans.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby btajim » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:43 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Quick reality check for you James, there have been 10 world cup tournaments since 1966 and Germany have advanced further than us in every single one of them.

Thinking we wont get past both Germany and Argentina is called realism. Until England prove us otherwise, and lets face it they hardly look capable do they, I'd say to expect England to go much further in this tournament is to ignore whats right in front of your eyes.

Don't patronise me.

At the end of the day, my Grandad's Chip Shop got bombed by the Germans during the War and I can still dream.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:52 am

btajim wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Quick reality check for you James, there have been 10 world cup tournaments since 1966 and Germany have advanced further than us in every single one of them.

Don't patronise me.

At the end of the day, my Grandad's Chip Shop got bombed by the Germans during the War and I can still dream.

Dreams are all that we have James, as the reality of the England national side disappoints us all 99% of the time.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:03 am

Slim wrote:

Those were the days.

I remember that as well. Good old days. Non of this "PC gone overboard" going on these days. I mean, hell, has Germany ever won a war? I don't think they have.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum