Why we wont Win the World Cup..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Why we wont Win the World Cup..

Postby btajim » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:11 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
btajim wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Quick reality check for you James, there have been 10 world cup tournaments since 1966 and Germany have advanced further than us in every single one of them.

Thinking we wont get past both Germany and Argentina is called realism. Until England prove us otherwise, and lets face it they hardly look capable do they, I'd say to expect England to go much further in this tournament is to ignore whats right in front of your eyes.

Don't patronise me.

At the end of the day, my Grandad's Chip Shop got bombed by the Germans during the War and I can still dream.

Dreams are all that we have James, as the reality of the England national side disappoints us all 99% of the time.

Like City! I'm more optimistic with Capello, mind. He's got it tactically spot on in the past i.e. AC Milan v Barcelona European Cup Final.

Let's just wait and see what happens.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Chinners » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:14 pm

Those Mirror headlines of the time were an embarrassment to most English people.In the aftermath of that 96 game they were the first to start condeming the 'yobs' going round beating up Germans, smashing up German made cars and even some sad fucks who torched a resturante believing a Belgian flag was the same as a German one. All this after their inciting headlines that a lot of knucklenumbnuts believed and acted on.

As far as this years footie goes, the Germans are as poor and less experienced than our squad of players.

Last 5 competetive games against Germany:

2 wins
2 draws
1 defeat

We can easily win this one and beat Argentina, Spain and Brazil in the final .... no probs
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:44 pm

btajim wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
btajim wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Quick reality check for you James, there have been 10 world cup tournaments since 1966 and Germany have advanced further than us in every single one of them.

Thinking we wont get past both Germany and Argentina is called realism. Until England prove us otherwise, and lets face it they hardly look capable do they, I'd say to expect England to go much further in this tournament is to ignore whats right in front of your eyes.

Don't patronise me.

At the end of the day, my Grandad's Chip Shop got bombed by the Germans during the War and I can still dream.

Dreams are all that we have James, as the reality of the England national side disappoints us all 99% of the time.

Like City! I'm more optimistic with Capello, mind. He's got it tactically spot on in the past i.e. AC Milan v Barcelona European Cup Final.

Let's just wait and see what happens.

Agreed. I think we have one really good performance in us, England usually do at each tournament, so maybe it will be this sunday. Lets hope so. Capello is certainly cause for some belief.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum