Mancini looking forward to pre-season

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mancini looking forward to pre-season

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:06 pm

City boss Roberto Mancini is feeling fresh and ready for the new season after a relaxing break with his family in Italy.

With his batteries recharged, Mancini will return to a Carrington training complex that has been upgraded and improved further to fulfil the manager’s recommendations, making the facility one of the best in the country.

Mancini admits he is expecting a busy few weeks back at his desk when he returns at the start of next month and with pre-season training now less than a fortnight away and a major US tour imminent, the boss is also expecting transfer speculation surrounding the Blues to hit fever pitch in the coming weeks.

"Many players are linked with City, often for convenience," he said.

"We know the players who we are
interested in. It is a small list of
names, because I only want to bring in
players who will improve the team"

"We must be patient, and do the right things at the right time in the market. As a club, we are used to raised prices, but in reality we cannot buy dozens of players so the majority of stories ae no more than speculation.

“We know the value of the players we are interested in and will not be forced into paying more than we want to and for obvious reasons I cannot say who are targets are at this stage.”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Mancini looking forward to pre-season

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:15 pm

Is this story new Mark? I seem to recall reading those exact quotes about a month ago.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Slim wrote:Is this story new Mark? I seem to recall reading those exact quotes about a month ago.

It was posted on the OS today so i guess so, but they could just be posting the quotes again.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:22 pm

They need to fuck off with rehashing old quotes and making them into new stories and RELEASE THE FUCKING SHIRT.

If you hit the video section it's an old story about a fundraiser mixed in with that all time city 11 videos.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:09 am

It's good that real football gets mention though. Can't wait for the preseason to start! When are the Lads back?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:24 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:It's good that real football gets mention though. Can't wait for the preseason to start! When are the Lads back?

Is it the 1st July??
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:27 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:It's good that real football gets mention though. Can't wait for the preseason to start! When are the Lads back?

Is it the 1st July??

That's what I was thinking. Only week to go!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:30 am

i guess and hope that the pre-season friendlies and the US tour will be broadcast live on the OS like last year..
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Return to The Maine Football forum