*** Official England v Slovenia Thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official England v Slovenia Thread ***

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:26 pm

Mike J wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Gabby "one phrase" Logan - if she mentions shackles one more time I'll swear at the TV

she just said it again :(

I was in full-on swear mode
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby kinkylola » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:27 pm

ozil's pace ... if you do face germany ... will definitely worry terry/upson and if capello is not going to play dawson (not a speed demon himself but obviously not slow as day old shit like upson) then you're going to need excellent positioning. Maybe that is capello's reasoning anyway. Can't comment on how well upson positions himself, but terry seems pretty solid in that regard.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:31 pm

kinkylola wrote:ozil's pace ... if you do face germany ... will definitely worry terry/upson and if capello is not going to play dawson (not a speed demon himself but obviously not slow as day old shit like upson) then you're going to need excellent positioning. Maybe that is capello's reasoning anyway. Can't comment on how well upson positions himself, but terry seems pretty solid in that regard.

Tbf Upson got some good challenges in as the game went on but he was up against fuck all. Every team we meet from now on will have tricks &/or pace. Why we've chosen a bunch of wheezing old cripples to make up most of the CB's I don't know. Perhaps we're trying to emulate Italy.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Patrick » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:31 pm

The England team went to visit an orphanage in South Africa this morning,,,,,"It feels good to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope, constantly struggling and facing the impossible," said Jamal Umboto aged six.

I'm shocked at Wayne Rooney's outburst after the Algeria game. I didn't know he could string a sentence together.

Fabio Capello was crossing the supermarket car park when he noticed an old lady struggling with her shopping trolley. "Can you manage dear?" he asked. To which she replied, "No way. You got yourself into this mess. Don't ask me to sort it out!"

What do you call an Englishman in the knockout stages of the World Cup? The referee.

What's the difference between Shrek and Wayne Rooney? Shrek can save the day.

I can't believe we only managed to draw against a rubbish team we should have beaten easily... I'm ashamed to call myself Algerian.

Apparently that fan had no trouble slipping into the England dressing room. Robert Green was guarding the door.
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Vhero » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:20 pm

People going mental like we world beaters all of a sudden. I honestly think we were average against a shit team and got a result. Rooney was shit as usual (why the fuck does he get played with his competitive England strike ratio????) and the fact the manager looked a bit clueless bringing on Heskey as our only striker for 20 minutes.. Still didn't have the balls to drop Gerrard or Lampard so played Gerrard AGAIN on the wing out of position and it always shows.. I honestly believe Johnson (ours OFC) although young would have been would have helped England to an easier group win.

Ah well at least we through but no doubt first games gonna be against Germany.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Although it was infinitely better than the last effort I still thought we were not 100% convincing. Slovenia were there to be battered and we won 1 nil and looked really ropey for the last 10 minutes or so. We have finished 2nd in the group and yet the OTT pundits and commentators seem to think we have shown we can win the cup.Unbelievable.

Miserable twat! You've bben watching City's 'Beautiful Football' too long!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:45 pm

Can anyone tell me where we sit in the FiFA rankings, how good are we really?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:49 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Can anyone tell me where we sit in the FiFA rankings, how good are we really?

I think we are 8th, which ironically is how far we usually make it in the world cup.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby HeyMark » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:50 pm

A team thats top 10 in the world, in probably the easiest group at the tournament and they spent the last 5 minutes trying to keep the ball to the corner so that they can qualify!

England really are a terrible terrible team. I hope they get put out next round, they're no better to watch than Greece. Awful
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:52 pm

Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Can anyone tell me where we sit in the FiFA rankings, how good are we really?

I think we are 8th, which ironically is how far we usually make it in the world cup.

Cheers Slim. We are England...We are England.....Super England....From Maine rOad...

Quarters......Top 8......Love It!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:58 pm

HeyMark wrote:A team thats top 10 in the world, in probably the easiest group at the tournament and they spent the last 5 minutes trying to keep the ball to the corner so that they can qualify!

England really are a terrible terrible team. I hope they get put out next round, they're no better to watch than Greece. Awful

Get fucked, who are you, Welsh?

WHERE ARE YA!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby HeyMark » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:00 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
HeyMark wrote:A team thats top 10 in the world, in probably the easiest group at the tournament and they spent the last 5 minutes trying to keep the ball to the corner so that they can qualify!

WHERE ARE YA!

That would be what are you welsh? And the answer would be no.

Mate you can't honestly say England are a good side! Take off the rose tinted glasses!
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:11 pm

HeyMark wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

WHERE ARE YA!

Mate you can't honestly say England are a good side! Take off the rose tinted glasses!

No Beer Goggles pal, we beat a team fair and square. This is a comp, every game counts, some of the players there showed what England is all about. We won, could've been loads!

Love ya man! See you in the quarters.

NB. I'll be leathered, proper night out....

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:39 pm

HeyMark wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

WHERE ARE YA!

Aww he's upset. Don't worry I'm sure someone will beat us, then you can be all happy.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
HeyMark wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

WHERE ARE YA!

Aww he's upset. Don't worry I'm sure someone will beat us, then you can be all happy.

I thought we'd already lost 2 games? Please explain!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:04 pm

Apologies but i can't help myslef, COME ON ENGLAND!!!

And for all of you's who said we'd never get through, fuck off you Jock twats. You know who I'm talking about, yes you!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:08 am

Fifa ranking means fuck all though.

10th Croatia
12th Egypt
13 Greece
14 USA
20 Australia
22 Norway

Then there are
47 South Korea
36 Denmark
41 Ireland
83 South Africa
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:46 pm

Sorry to dig this thread up, but has his been posted?

http://www.plus.es/videos/Futbol/Mundia ... tb_12/Ves/

It really is amazing. Especially @ 1:30
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum