Wednesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:12 pm

City boss Mancini hails Ibra as Europe's best
Ibra-cadebra: Zlatan Ibrahimovic, seen here, has been hailed as Europe's best by Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini.(GSM) - Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has revealed his admiration for Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
City, who are regularly being linked with big money moves, are looking to strengthen their squad after failure to qualify for next season's UEFA Champions League.
Mancini has already seen the club linked with the likes of Sweden international Ibrahimovic, CSKA Moskva winger Milos Krasic, VfL Wolfsburg hitman Edin Dzeko and Real Madrid midfielder Fernando Gago over recent months.
With Germany defender Jerome Boateng already signed up, Mancini admitted that there were certain players he wanted to bring to the club.
"Many players are linked with City, often for convenience," he told Tuttosport.
"We are used to raised prices, but in reality we cannot buy dozens of players.
"Of course we aim to strengthen. Krasic or Dzeko? One really interests us, the other doesn't. Who? I cannot say.
"Ibrahimovic? In my opinion, Ibra is the best striker in Europe. It makes me laugh when people say he misses crucial chances."

Man City agree Silva fee with Valencia
Manchester City have agreed a fee of around £29 million with Valencia for David Silva. The Premier league club will now have to agree terms with the Spanish midfielder who is currently on international duty at the World Cup.
Despite recent reports, neither Barcelona or Real Madrid are currently pursuing the player, however, with Silva yet to agree a deal with City - an approach from Chelsea or Manchester United would provide competition for his signature.
Nevertless, David Silva`s representatives have been impressed with City`s determination to land the player and with the club`s ambitious plans for the next season. With a deal for Yaya Toure agreed, City are also in the hunt for James Milner, a centre back, full backs and a forward.

Robinho will be told he can leave Manchester City in today's D-Day talks over his future.
Robinho's agent Evandro de Souza and his dad Gilvan de Souva are due to meet City's hierarchy to discuss the £32.5million striker's next move and the Blues will not stand in his way if he wants to go.
The Brazilian World Cup star's loan agreement with Santos ends in August and City are prepared to negotiate a permanent move.
The Blues are ready to take a hit over the former Real Madrid star, who was Sheikh Mansour's first big signing when he bought the club two years ago.
Besiktas, managed by ex-Real coach Bernd Schuster, are keen on Robinho, while Santos would like to keep him, and City may have to fund part of his massive £160,000-a-week salary to get him off their books.
City say they will let Robinho decide his future after conflicting statements from the Samba star in the last week.
Roberto Mancini has left the door open for the 26-year-old to return to Eastlands and is prepared to give him a second chance if he is willing to knuckle down.
That seems unlikely and neither Mancini nor his predecessor Mark Hughes were able to get the best out of Robinho during his 18 months at Eastlands.
City know their best option may be to cash in on him this summer and his stock is rising on the back of his impressive displays for Brazil.

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Chelsea have offered £10m for Benfica's Brazilian defender David Luiz. Manchester City and Real Madrid are also interested in the 23-year-old. The Times

Barcelona are determined to sign Fernando Torres from Liverpool but say they will not pay more than £38m for the Spain striker. Daily Mail

Newcastle have made a surprise move to sign Bolton left-back Jlloyd Samuel as they look to strengthen their side for the Premier League next season. Daily Mirror

Newcastle manager Chris Hughton is set to make a £1m bid for Algeria goalkeeper Rais M'Bolhi. The Sun

Birmingham manager Alex McLeish has ruled himself out of the running to sign Rangers striker Kris Boyd and Celtic winger Aiden McGeady. Daily Record

Birmingham and Fulham are both interested in Ivory Coast midfielder Cheik Tiote.The Sun

Serbia striker Milan Jovanovic has hinted that he might pull out of his move to Liverpool and follow former Reds boss Rafael Benitez to Inter Milan. Jovanovic, whose contract with Standard Liege ended this summer, signed a pre-contract deal with the Anfield club in February. Tuttomercatoweb.com.

South Africa striker Katlego Mphela is wanted by Birmingham. The Sun

Tottenham winger Giovani dos Santos is a target for Italian side Genoa. The Sun

Everton are eyeing up a £5m deal for Italy Under-21 defender Angelo Ogbonna, who plays for Torino. Daily Mail

Blackpool are set to pull out of a move for striker Stephen Dobbie, who has been on loan from Swansea, as they are not happy with the £500,000 asking price. The Sun

Middlesbrough manager Gordon Strachan admits he is finding it difficult to assemble the squad he desires during the close season.
Strachan insists he has been busy working behind the scenes in an attempt to bolster his ranks at the Riverside.
The Teesside outfit will be eyeing a promotion challenge this season after a mid-table finish last time out and the former Celtic boss has been trying to assemble a squad capable of a push to the Premier League. http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 12,00.html

Rafa Benitez is reportedly lining up a big money bid to bring Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard to the San Siro and is apparently ready to offer Inter Milan players as part of any deal in order to sweeten the deal. The former Anfield boss is hoping that the offer of the pick of the likes of Mario Balotelli, Sulley Muntari or Thiago Motta as well as cash sum may tempt the Merseyside into considering an offer for their mercurial captain. http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/06/22 ... rard-sale/

OTHER BOLLOX
Fulham will turn to former Manchester City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson if boss Roy Hodgson leaves for Liverpool or England. (Daily Express)

Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow says no players will be allowed to leave Anfield until a new manager is appointed and gives the go-ahead. Daily Mirror

Former Celtic boss Tony Mowbray and ex Wales midfielder Gary Speed are in line for the vacant manager's job at Hull. The club have cooled their interest in former Portsmouth manager Paul Hart. Daily Mirror

Blackburn's players are set for a relatively short summer holiday as manager Sam Allardyce is starting pre-season training on 28 June. Allardyce feels that his team were short on fitness last season.

England will wear an all-red kit in their crucial World Cup game against Slovenia on Wednesday. The only previous time they have sported it in the finals is thought to have been Chile in 1962 - when they drew 0-0 with a poor Bulgaria side. Daily Mail MCF.NET THREAD: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=33110
Last edited by Chinners on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby Kyle » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:35 am

Hmmm Dzeko or Krasic... I wonder how this will play out.

If Dzeko, then Mancini knows he can't get Ibra. Dzeko and Ade would compete for the target man job.

If Krasic, then he would probably look to offload either SWP or Bellamy.

Which would you prefer?
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:37 am

There were reports of City Officials (or AN official) meeting with Wolfsburg a while back, weren' t there? Around the time his clause was about to lapse.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Kyle » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:46 am

Yeah according to about three different sources we signed him on two seperate occasions. The first was a day before the clause was going to run out and then again a day after saying we sealed the deal for a cheaper price then his clause. After that everything went completly silent and I don't think i've heard anyone linked to him since...
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Kladze » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:36 am

I just read a report (I forgot where because it was so ludicrous - I hope) that Rafa Benitez is already lined up to take over at City.

Open season for making it up as you go along .......
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:37 am

A bit of World Cup Bollox too - the French FA fly their players home in economy class as punishment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldc ... class.html

Sounds like one or two of them won't be playing for their country again.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby irblinx » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:45 am

They should have put the manager in the cargo hold, a disgrace throughout the tournament and capped it off by refusing to shake hands at the end, maybe it's a French thing?!
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:02 am

Strange that Chelsea have bid £10m for Luiz - I'm sure he was quoted as £30m plus to us only a few weeks ago.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:07 am

I am sure Chelsea and City have some sort of agreement in place here. Luiz's agent or Benfica were probably namedropping City to amp up the price and Chelsea probably called someone at City who said "nope, not interested" so now the price has returned to something normal.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum