London Blues

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

London Blues

Postby MHiggi » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:58 pm

How many blues on here live in London? And how many travel up to all the games? I've just moved down to London for work, but I've also renewed my season ticket so I'm looking into the best (and cheapest) way to get to the home games.

The midweek ones are going to be a struggle so I'm not impressed that the home derby is on a Wed night, and obviously we're going to have plenty of Thursday night games.

I've contacted the London OSC who've told me they generally go by train at £30 return which isn't too bad I suppose. Their AGM is on Saturday so I'm going to pop along and find out some more details - is anyone else from here going?
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: London Blues

Postby Chinners » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:33 pm

I used to be a London Branch regualar, great bunch of lads and lasses, I might be there on Sat and yes it's probably the cheapest way to get up to Manc
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby spiv » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:35 pm

Where abouts in London are you ? I wont miss a home game dont matter what day it's on.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby MHiggi » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:44 pm

spiv wrote:Where abouts in London are you ? I wont miss a home game dont matter what day it's on.

I'm living near Canada Water, one tube stop away from Canary Wharf where I'm working.

Do you travel by train then? If you do I guess you stay overnight for midweek games - the OSC told me that they don't run trips to these because there are no trains back.
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Postby spiv » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:48 pm

I dont use the trains, cant smoke on them and i drive to games. I think you're on the jubilee line the same as me.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:48 pm

Not London, but Newbury. I tend to use the train for weekend afternoon matches, but drive to the rest,
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby btajim » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:45 am

MHiggi wrote:How many blues on here live in London? And how many travel up to all the games? I've just moved down to London for work, but I've also renewed my season ticket so I'm looking into the best (and cheapest) way to get to the home games.

The midweek ones are going to be a struggle so I'm not impressed that the home derby is on a Wed night, and obviously we're going to have plenty of Thursday night games.

I've contacted the London OSC who've told me they generally go by train at £30 return which isn't too bad I suppose. Their AGM is on Saturday so I'm going to pop along and find out some more details - is anyone else from here going?

London OSC will sort you out with train tickets. There might be small allocations of Away tickets, too. Particularly Matches based in the South. If you're going to try and get to every Match regardless then be prepared to say goodbye to your annual leave allowance at work!

There's a gathering at The City Pride in Farringdon for all televised Matches too. If you're in there then look out for a bloke with silver hair, glasses and Tueartsboots on the back of his shirt. He's called Tony and knows absolutely everyone.

And drop me a PM if you need any help / advice on anything. I worked in Canary Wharf for far too long!
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Londonblue » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:08 am

I'm hopeless at keeping up to date with the forum and now restrict my posts to guest appearances..! One day I hope to reach the 1,000 posts mark, but it's taken me 8 years to get this far.

I'm also based in Canary Wharf and as btajim said, Farringdon has the City Pride pub that plays host to city fans. Plenty of us down here.

Enjoy London - it's a great place
A woman walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre - so the barman gives her one
Londonblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby MHiggi » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:37 pm

btajim wrote:If you're going to try and get to every Match regardless then be prepared to say goodbye to your annual leave allowance at work!

Cheers Jim, I really don't think I'll be able to make every game, so I'll basically just have to play it by ear and get to as many as I can. And unfortunately I'm contracting so I don't actually get any annual leave! I'll do my best for the league fixtures though.
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Postby trunky » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:10 am

btajim wrote:There's a gathering at The City Pride in Farringdon for all televised Matches too. If you're in there then look out for a bloke with silver hair, glasses and Tueartsboots on the back of his shirt. He's called Tony and knows absolutely everyone.

Agree with Jim. He has got silver hair. Oh...and the Pride is a good place to watch the match if you can't get to games.
trunky
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:50 am

MHiggi wrote:
btajim wrote:If you're going to try and get to every Match regardless then be prepared to say goodbye to your annual leave allowance at work!

Cheers Jim, I really don't think I'll be able to make every game, so I'll basically just have to play it by ear and get to as many as I can. And unfortunately I'm contracting so I don't actually get any annual leave! I'll do my best for the league fixtures though.

Don't feel obliged to attend every City Match going, either. A short break from the travelling / stress of it all can do you good.

Tony Silverhair is now a Barman at The City Pride. He'll always be wearing his City shirts, too!
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Blue in North London » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:06 am

btajim wrote:London OSC will sort you out with train tickets. There might be small allocations of Away tickets, too. Particularly Matches based in the South. If you're going to try and get to every Match regardless then be prepared to say goodbye to your annual leave allowance at work!

There's a gathering at The City Pride in Farringdon for all televised Matches too. If you're in there then look out for a bloke with silver hair, glasses and Tueartsboots on the back of his shirt. He's called Tony and knows absolutely everyone.

And drop me a PM if you need any help / advice on anything. I worked in Canary Wharf for far too long!

Tueartsboots is a top fella. I know a few lads who are in the London OSC but I have never bothered joining. We have our own little gathering of City fans here in Enfield so we occasionally go to games together or watch some live games if we can't make it, as well as a City talking shop after work on Fridays. My attendance at games has become less frequent since we had a little un last year.

BTW why would anyone choose to live in East London? North London is where it's at. As for south London, I heard they still live under ground :)

Is it now cheaper to take the train rather than the car?
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby Blue in North London » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:07 am

btajim wrote:London OSC will sort you out with train tickets. There might be small allocations of Away tickets, too. Particularly Matches based in the South. If you're going to try and get to every Match regardless then be prepared to say goodbye to your annual leave allowance at work!

Tueartsboots is a top fella. I know a few lads who are in the London OSC but I have never bothered joining. We have our own little gathering of City fans here in Enfield so we occasionally go to games together or watch some live games if we can't make it, as well as a City talking shop after work on Fridays. My attendance at games has become less frequent since we had a little un last year.

BTW why would anyone choose to live in East London? North London is where it's at. As for south London, I heard they still live under ground :)

Is it now cheaper (assuming there you are on travelling on your own) to take the train rather than the car?
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:19 pm

Blue in North London wrote:Tueartsboots is a top fella. I know a few lads who are in the London OSC but I have never bothered joining. We have our own little gathering of City fans here in Enfield so we occasionally go to games together or watch some live games if we can't make it, as well as a City talking shop after work on Fridays. My attendance at games has become less frequent since we had a little un last year.

Is it now cheaper to take the train rather than the car?

North London is too trendy for my liking and thusly too expensive. It's full of Arsenal Fans, too. I've met a few people from Enfield and if you're confident that they make for a good quality of life then you carry on. Been spending a bit more time in places like Bethnal Green recently. The Pubs are very Tottenham but they're generally a good bunch. Better than West Ham Boozers full of shaven headed men who iron up the collar on their Yves Saint Lauren Polo Shirt.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Return to The Maine Football forum