Petrov Joins Bolton

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Petrov Joins Bolton

Postby ant london » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:32 am

Agree with some of the above comments, he was a bit of a fairy and primadonna but he was a great player more often than not when he was on the pitch and fit.

I'd say that he was by far the most productive (in terms of actual direct influence...goals, assists etc) of all of Sven's signings. Too bad that he couldn't stay fit and/or on good terms with Hughes as a fit Petrov probably would have saved him his job.

;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:30 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Great player to watch and very effective as well. Make no mistake, that's at very least three points dropped for us next season. He'll tear a new one to our rightbacks next season.

I was just thinking of the unlimited options our right side attackers will now have against Bolton!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Esky » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:55 am

Still amazed that we let a 31 year old Petrov go after giving a 3000 year old Vieira another 12 months.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:05 am

Oh Dear, Too bad, Never mind.
Would take Weiss, Robinho, Bellers,Johnson or Sweep over him everytime for the wide positions.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby dazby » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:08 pm

Thanks Marty, it's been emotional.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby btajim » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:15 pm

A really exciting player when he has the ball on the left flank. He was always prepared to run at the opposition, shoot, pass, cross etc. His stats answered that one.

I recall his debut at Upton Park where he'd won the Away section over in about 10 minutes. Did his ball provide the opening Goal for Bianchi?

He's selling himself a little short at Bolton - but Owen Coyle is a smart Manager and they may become a more interesting side in the next few years.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:18 pm

btajim wrote:A really exciting player when he has the ball on the left flank. He was always prepared to run at the opposition, shoot, pass, cross etc. His stats answered that one.

I recall his debut at Upton Park where he'd won the Away section over in about 10 minutes. Did his ball provide the opening Goal for Bianchi?

He's selling himself a little short at Bolton - but Owen Coyle is a smart Manager and they may become a more interesting side in the next few years.

Eeeeeeelano for the first.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:02 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Oh Dear, Too bad, Never mind.
Would take Weiss, Robinho, Bellers,Johnson or Sweep over him everytime for the wide positions.

so you don't rate him then? News.

I think he'll do good stuff for Bolton. Honestly, with the crap that Coyle had last season he still had them playing some football towards the end. If he gets in 3-4 players that will stylistically be attack-minded and offer some good ball control then i think they will be a really fun side to watch.

Also, i hope they all catch on fire and turn to ash, just sayin.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum