Capello ' Terry made big mistake'.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Capello ' Terry made big mistake'.

Postby Burt » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:13 am

Rag_hater wrote:I cannot see what Terry has done wrong here.It may not be what some see as supportive the team but in his own eyes probably is.If somebody telling the truth or how they feel is considered by some as detremental to the team and a slant on it and they prefer somebody telling lies and saying all is hunky dory then I feel sorry for them wanting to live in such delusion.

I'm quite surprised that you cannot see that Terry is not the captain any more and he has undermined Gerrard and all his team mates and the manager by gobbing off in public without the consent of any of the others.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby LeanneIsABlue..x » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:17 am

What he did backfired spectacularly but I still don't think what he did was so wrong. Capello has slated him for speaking to the media instead of talking privately, yet has shouted to the world how unhappy he is with Terry and what a 'big mistake' he's made.

Capello has said he gives the players an opportunity to discuss any issues they have, and there are issues, but yet they're too soft to speak up and would rather carry on pretending everything is hunky dory when clearly it isn't.

Terry obviously thought what he was doing was the right thing, even if it didn't work! I don't like the guy but I applaud him for at least trying to get things sorted out.
LeanneIsABlue..x
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:22 am

Burt wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:I cannot see what Terry has done wrong here.It may not be what some see as supportive the team but in his own eyes probably is.If somebody telling the truth or how they feel is considered by some as detremental to the team and a slant on it and they prefer somebody telling lies and saying all is hunky dory then I feel sorry for them wanting to live in such delusion.

I'm quite surprised that you cannot see that Terry is not the captain any more and he has undermined Gerrard and all his team mates and the manager by gobbing off in public without the consent of any of the others.

From what I've heard it was his turn to do a press conferance and he answered questions that were put to him and how we could improve on what the situation we are in.If him giving truthful answers and not towing the party line is a mistake then surely Don Fabio should have told him he is not to say what he did.
Rag_hater

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:59 am

I also liked the bit where he claimed that he hadnt made the sacrifice of leaving his wife and kids for 3/4 weeks already to go home at the first group stage.

John Terry. Family man.
ross.mcfc

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:09 am

ross.mcfc wrote:I also liked the bit where he claimed that he hadnt made the sacrifice of leaving his wife and kids for 3/4 weeks already to go home at the first group stage.

John Terry. Family man.

You couldn't make it up could you Ross? Remember him cavorting about Stamford Bridge with his kids when they won the league - what a family man he is eh?

Terry is a shitehawk, should have been dropped and if Capello had the cojones he would and should do it and go with Upson and Dawson. Lets face the facts, this England team has just as much chance to win the World Cup than I have to be the next US President anyway so what exactly do we have to lose apart from even more dignity and decency by continually fielding a shitbag like Terry in our national side.

I agree with everything Burt said about Terry.

As for Lampard, I've sat and watched him play like a fat horse in 2 world cup's now; am I the only one who thinks he's a flat track bully, banging in goals aplenty against the Stoke's and Wigan's of this world, but in big international tournaments he doesn't cut it. This was a point made to be by a Chelsea supporting friend two years ago and I can now fully see his point.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dronny » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:38 am

Dameerto wrote:
Chinners wrote:Lampard summed it up perfectly for me today ...

"if the media want us to speak with honesty, then the media need to report with honesty"

That guy apparently has an 150+ IQ, I was quite shocked to find out. Inciteful comment though, so maybe not that shocking really.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/5 ... m-a-genius

I'm not saying Terry is thick, but he'd struggle to spell IQ........
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby dikdik » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:43 am

...anyone can spell QI...

doh!!!
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Guy Debord » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:27 am

Terry is a bellend. He's not the captain so has no place going to the media 'to represent the players', he's not the manager so has no right to give his opinions on team selection.
The problem with England is the players. They're a bunch of overhyped, overpaid chokers who can't stop their mouths flapping.
And don't get me started on Beckham, hanging around making a nuisance of himself like Lewis Hamilton's girlfriend.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:57 am

i think what Terry did will, in hindsight, be something that actually was a turn for the good.

He's a tit...but someone needed to stand up and fucking get people fired up. That's what a captain is supposed to do when the chips are down and the team needs something to motivate itself. Clearly the internal workings of this team, and their new captain are not hunky dory. And if Terry is on his own on an island, at least he's trying to build a raft from the splinters. Others it seems might be complacent to head home, head bowed.

Mark my words...you cunts will not go out of this tournament just yet, and you need one more serious kick in the ass/internal pushfight to get these bastards interested in dying for this once you make it out of the group stage. Who will step up and be counted? i can't wait to find out...should be entertaining.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby btajim » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:27 pm

razor400 wrote:I doubt she's got an IQ of 150+ mate and he would still have the same IQ if had been educated in the state system.

Well, Jodie Marsh has become very rich. There's also a difference between ignorance and stupidity.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:05 pm

i think it is fairly obvious there is more to all this than meets the eye. Putting the distain of JT aside completely, it seems like some have suggested here.. some of the 'senior' players have chatted amongst themselves and probably had a grumble to each other.. some of which may well be justified.. ie Capello's methods.. and perhaps the feeling they are all being left to stew without a level of communication coming from above. So in that sense Terry takes it upon himself to try and 'out' the concerns.. perhaps rightly in the belief that all is not well and something needed to be done. The big fuckup is doing that publically.. because even if there were other players that felt they needed to say something to Capello; when it goes public it is out of control and they are then forced to just bow their heads and get on-side.

Terry just showed us the tip of the iceberg.. which he should not have done. I think they have problems.. and that is not unexpected as it is basically both a WC and England perennial problem. In this instance it is perhaps the French who have saved the England squad from going further and imploding as the French have.. looking over the fence the England players have seen what can happen, so they have all shut the fuck up. The iceberg is still there though and as we all know it is made up of unreal national expectations led by the press, overblown egos of so called world class players who are under serious pressure not to get found out at this level.. those same egos that by their status as national icons will naturally look for other excuses outside of themselves to try and explain why they cant match up to the hype or even get the basics right.

It happens to all national squads with high expectations.. Argentina.. Italy, France, Spain.. even Brazil on occasion.

England seem t be one of the worst at this as a nation.. and they reap what they sow and never fuclin learn.

The Germans seem to have it sussed.. they damp down public expectations and just see what happens on the day..
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:39 pm

razor400 wrote:
btajim wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Chinners wrote:Lampard summed it up perfectly for me today ...

"if the media want us to speak with honesty, then the media need to report with honesty"

That guy apparently has an 150+ IQ, I was quite shocked to find out. Inciteful comment though, so maybe not that shocking really.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/5 ... m-a-genius

Lampard is privately educated. He was at the same School as Jodie Marsh.

I doubt she's got an IQ of 150+ mate and he would still have the same IQ if had been educated in the state system.

Hers is around 135, well above average (don't ask how I know, 'cause I'll have to admit to watching Celebrity Big Brother)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:50 pm

See now, whilst I was disgusted with Rooney's conduct, I found Terry's views quite refreshing (at the time)

I thought he was being refreshingly honest that there were things that needed to improve, and that the squad needed to have a full and frank discussion about how they go forwards. Yes, I understand that he is not the person to be saying "we got to be honest with each other", but he is right:

He seems to have angered some other players, but like he said - if things need saying and people dont like it, tough. "Joe Cole & Rooney the only players to unlock a defence", well Lampard, Barry, Lennon, SWP can hardly complain about that, its a FACT, and their performances have shown it. If their fragile little egos cant accept that they have played shite, tough fucking shite, time to hold your hands up fellers and admit you have fallen short so far.

I have very little issue with what Terry said, and Capello is an even bigger wanker for publically bollocking him on an ITV 1-1 interview, in which incidentally he refused to answer many of the questions put to him. Capello should have done the presser rather than sending Terry out to face the music.

I'd expect Terry will retire after this world cup if Capello is still around.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum