Monday's B*lll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Monday's B*lll*x

Postby Chinners » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:50 am

Manchester United Consider Shock Move for £12m Rated Manchester City Youngster
Ferguson Considers Richards Bid
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is rumoured to be lining up a shock bid for Manchester City defender Micah Richards this summer. The England international has found his first team chances limited since Roberto Mancini arrived at Eastlands and has been linked with a move away from the club and could now be the subject of a potential bid from the Old Trafford club.
Ferguson is looking to boost his defensive options in light of continuing injury concerns over Rio Ferdinand the very real possibility that Nemanja Vidic may leave the club in the summer. A number of potential targets have emerged in recent weeks from the likes of Neven Subotic to Brede Hangeland but the fact that Richards can play at full back and in the centre of defence is said to interest the wily Scot.
The £12m rated 21 year old has been linked with a move to both Tottenham and Aston Villa in recent weeks after starting just half of Man City’s Premier League matches last term. Micah Richards has struggled to live up to early expectations that came as a result of an astounding breakthrough 18 months when his form made him an England regular.
The arrival of Joelon Lescott and Kolo Toure last summer greatly affected Richards chances of playing in his preferred position of centre back and it seems fairly likely that the Birmingham born youngster could be set for a move and would surely jump at the chance of a move to near neighbours United if the chance presented itself.

Manchester City Believe First Team Football Will Help Seal £22m Real Madrid Playmaker Deal
Dutch Master Van der Vaart Considers Options
Roberto Mancini is lining up a big money bid for Real Madrid’s forgotten man Rafael Van der Vaart. The Dutch playmaker has barely had a look in at the Bernabeu and even though last term he was promised a more prominent role in the first team picture he found his chances even more limited than before. The Manchester City boss believes that the promise of a guaranteed starting eleven spot could help the Eastlands side beat off stiff competition for the 27 year old.
With the arrival of Jose Mourinho as the new Real Madrid boss the former Ajax and Hamburg man will probably feel he is even further away from establishing himself at the La Liga giants as the “Special One” considers new additions that will push Van der Vaart further down the pecking order.
The lack of first team football has even affected the midfielder’s usual regular spot in the national team set-up, in fact his presence in the starting eleven for the first two group games is mainly due to injury to Arjen Robben.
A move to Manchester City will surely tempt Rafael and the promise of a huge pay increase alongside the ability to command a extended run of regular football may well be too tempting to turn down.

Nigel De Jong: Manchester City can win Premier League
Dutch star looking for glory...
Manchester City midfielder Nigel De Jong is hoping he and his team-mates can launch a Premier League title challenge next season.
De Jong, who is currently in South Africa for the World Cup with Holland, joined City last January for a fee of £16 million from German side Hamburg and he is now hoping for glory.
“Is there a chance we can win the Premier League next year? Yes, but we’ll see,” De Jong told the Daily Star
“There’s always something about winning a trophy and you always have to aim high.
“There’s nothing better than the No.1 spot.
“That’s our aim but let’s just see how the City players settle in again this year.”
The Dutchman is hoping that the players will be more experienced after a full season playing together.
He added: “Last year was our first season with a new squad. Next season we’ll be even better.
“There is one goal at this club. To be at the top. That’s why players come here.”
City begin the new Premier League campaign with a trip to White Hart Lane to face Tottenham, the team who beat them in the race for the fourth and final Champions League qualification spot last season.

Aston Villa will try to persuade Martin Petrov to join them ahead of Bolton after last-ditch talks. Blackburn have also offered terms to the Bulgaria winger, who is a free agent after being released by Manchester City. Daily Mail

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Real Madrid want Liverpool to drop their valuation of Steven Gerrard as they try to finalise a move for the England midfielder. Liverpool are reluctant to sell the 30-year-old but are currently holding out for £30m. Daily Mail

Birmingham City are reviving their bid to sign Fulham striker Bobby Zamora. Blues are still keen on left-back Paul Konchesky, although both players are expected to be offered new contracts by Fulham. Daily Mail

Arsenal are interested in Fiorentina midfielder Riccardo Montolivo. A World Cup starter for Italy, the 25-year-old has been compared to Emirates skipper Cesc Fabregas after five seasons at La Viola. Caught Offside

Wolves are set to sign Hull City winger Stephen Hunt for £3m this week and are closing in on a £2m deal for Senegalese midfielder Guirane N'Daw, who plays for Nantes. The Daily Mirror

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce has his eyes on Croatia striker Nikica Jelavic and wants the Rapid Vienna star to play alongside the Ewood Park outfit's Croatian frontman Nikola Kalinic. The Daily Mirror

Spain defender Gerard Pique says he would love international team-mate Fernando Torres to join him at Barcelona but admits a deal for the Liverpool striker is unlikely. The Daily Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
Former captain John Terry is in danger of being left isolated within the England camp after senior team-mates reacted with dismay to him going public with their desire for a clear-the-air meeting with the manager.
Full story: The Guardian

Fabio Capello is ready to give striker Jermain Defoe the chance to rescue England's World Cup campaign as part of three of four changes being considered by the manager, while midfielder Joe Cole is also expected to play a part against Slovenia on Wednesday. (Daily Telegraph)

Slovenia midfielder Robert Koren claims his team will do "everything in our power" to beat England in their crucial Group C match on Wednesday, even though his side only need a point to reach the knockout stage. The Express

Slovenia defender Bostjan ­Cesar says he is nursing a nine-month grudge against under-fire England striker Wayne Rooney and is hell-bent on revenge. Cesar, 27, has accused Manchester United star Rooney of cheating and deliberately ­injuring him in a friendly match at ­Wembley last September. Daily Star

Midfielder Xabi Alonso has told his Spain team-mates they must forget their shock 1-0 World Cup defeat against Switzerland if they are to make the tournament's knockout stage. The Daily Mirror

Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo has ruled out ever returning to Manchester United, whom he left to joinReal Madrid for £80m a year ago, but admits that he misses Manchester. The Daily Mirror

The Bishop of Croydon, the Rt Rev Nick Baines, has written a prayer for the England team after their "remarkably aimless" performance against Algeria. It consists of only two words: "oh" and "God".
The Daily Telegraph
Last edited by Chinners on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Monday's B*lll*x

Postby irblinx » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:52 am

Isn't that first story just the one about Ireland to Arsenal with half a dozen words changed?
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beeks » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:43 am

I'm all for Micah to Trafford Rangers..anything that weakens our rivals is fine with me!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:52 am

No Dzeko bollox then?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:26 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I'm all for Micah to Trafford Rangers..anything that weakens our rivals is fine with me!

And he will turn himself right around and become one of the best defenders in England. I would rather not sell him to anyone in England and have him come bite us in the arse.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:43 am

Slim wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I'm all for Micah to Trafford Rangers..anything that weakens our rivals is fine with me!

And he will turn himself right around and become one of the best defenders in England. I would rather not sell him to anyone in England and have him come bite us in the arse.

City won't sell players to Utd unless we get someone better in return. End of story.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:55 am

Slim wrote:

i agree with that. No thank you. i would prefer to keep him, over any option to sell to any country outside England, and give him a few years with some top professionals to see how he progresses. The raw talent is still there. He was fantastic 2 seasons ago for a good half-season. He had some bright spots last year as well.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:02 pm

NEVER SELL A SINGLE PLAYER TO THE RAGS.

I DONT CARE WHO IT IS.

Unless its Pat V.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beeks » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:03 pm

Slim wrote:

Shit painted in gold is still shit..12 mil would be good business
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Wooders » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:27 pm

with our army of defensive midfielders we cannot fail to win the league muah ha ha ha
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:23 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Shit painted in gold is still shit..12 mil would be good business

Green & Gold?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:25 pm

btajim wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Shit painted in gold is still shit..12 mil would be good business

Green & Gold?

Sullivan and Gold?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Chinners » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:46 pm

Manchester City beat Chelsea in race to sign £29m Valencia forward David Silva
Manchester City have agreed a £29million deal with Valencia for Spain international David Silva.
In demand: Silva is set for City move

The 24-year-old, who had also been courted by Real Madrid and Chelsea, is now expected to finalise terms on a four year contract worth around £160,000 a week.
City delegates have been in Spain to iron out the deal amid concerns that Chelsea may step in at the eleventh hour but are confident everything is now in place.
They plan to team the silky midfielder with Yaya Toure and James Milner in a revamped side geared not just for Champions League qualification but a title push.
City are still searching for a right-back and will add a striker too before the end of the window but Silva has been a priority, as revealed in Sportsmail last month.
The one-time Mancheser United target had been keen on a move to Chelsea but they were unwilling to match cash-strapped Valencia's valuation.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ashton287 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:24 am

Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo has ruled out ever returning to Manchester U***d, whom he left to joinReal Madrid for £80m a year ago, but admits that he misses Manchester.

good, give him a year to clash with murinho and when the "unsettled" stories start to come up and get the him in a blue shirt.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Chinners » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:41 am

As long as it's the blue of Chelsea, Everton or Portsmouth .... I don't want that winking asshole anywhere near our club
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dronny » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:46 am

ashton287 wrote:Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo has ruled out ever returning to Manchester U***d, whom he left to joinReal Madrid for £80m a year ago, but admits that he misses Manchester.

good, give him a year to clash with murinho and when the "unsettled" stories start to come up and get the him in a blue shirt.

That's unlike you to be contentious Ashton fella! TBH, I'd love to see the fur fly on here if we were linked with Tranny, I wouldn't have an issue with him pulling on a City shirt.....as long as he delivered.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:48 am

Chinners wrote:As long as it's the blue of Chelsea, Everton or Portsmouth .... I don't want that winking asshole anywhere near our club

If he's not going back to Utd then what the fuck else does he miss about Manchester? Everyone calling him a twat?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:03 am

ashton287 wrote:Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo has ruled out ever returning to Manchester U***d, whom he left to joinReal Madrid for £80m a year ago, but admits that he misses Manchester.

Couldn't pay me to want that overhyped cheating cunt!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Return to The Maine Football forum