FA expects Fabio Capello to resign

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FA expects Fabio Capello to resign

Postby Guy Debord » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:48 am

Vhero wrote:The point is he was hired to take us all the way if he doesn't make it past the group stages his contract should be up anyways so fuck the fact he is gonna resign he hasn't done what he was paid to do. Then again I doubt anybody could but at least we looked better under previous managers. Hell even steeeveeee did better than Capello.

Clueless, as usual
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:58 am

petrov wrote:You've got white tinted glasses on mate... Outside of England nobody really gave them a chance of winning but thought they could make the last8/semi's, which is a much fairer assesment than the blind hype and overrating that goes on at home.

I pointed this out on numerous occasions before the world cup.

Before the wc England didnt have a decent goal keeper, Lacked a fit centre half, lacked pace, an out and our goal scorer and had shown little signs of any sort of team spirit highlighted when your captain was shagging the wife of your only fit left back. Qualified via a poor group and looked very poor up against top class oppostion in friendlies.

What has changed?

I said England will get to the quater finals before going out and I stand by that.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Vhero wrote: As for Fucking Heskey!! The fact he is there is why the manager is getting blamed he is fucking useless!

Heskey has been one of England top 3 players in the past 2 games and has been miles better than Rooney. Set up your only goal this world cup so far. He is probably the only player who is clearly giving his all. He was practically playing right back at one point in the last game.

The fact that Sven, McLaren and Capello all managers who have outstanding cvs continue to pick him is good enough for me. If you think taking him out of the team will make everything ok are completely deluded.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby btajim » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:19 pm

petrov wrote:honestly jim, i usually agree with most you say, but how is it always the manager? The team is severly lacking, hugely so (as are most the big guns this time around). Pointing out Capello had one bad season at Milan is ridiculous, how many trophies has he, after all thats what England are striving for.... As for the Juve thing, do you really think he'd of got the England job if he was involved?

You've got white tinted glasses on mate... Outside of England nobody really gave them a chance of winning but thought they could make the last8/semi's, which is a much fairer assesment than the blind hype and overrating that goes on at home.

Ashley Cole, Terry, Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney are 5 World Class talents and would get in to most European National sides. There's your spine and you need to work with them to create a Team. They can't manage themselves.

Pointing out Capello had a bad season with his second spell at AC Milan is not ridiculous because the person praising Don Fabio said he'd been a success wherever he went. I pointed out that he'd not been so during his second spell at AC Milan and also during his time at Juventus. I'm not alledging that he was involved with the Match fixing scandal because he resigned around the same time - but he was criticised by Juventus Players following his departure. The likes of Del Piero stayed to get their Team back in to Serie A. Ironically, the situation gave Mancini his first Title with Inter Milan.

I've never believed that England will win this World Cup - but I think the Semi Finals were always realistic. There needs to be a huge upturn in form to make this happen. And some luck, too.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby branny » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:35 pm

I fully expect the big game players to show up tomorrow and for us to win the group. After that there's no reason why we can't make the last 4 at the very least - IF we start playing how we can. Then anything can happen. I still fancy the Argies or Spain to win it.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum