Congrats Adebayor!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Congrats Adebayor!

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I like Ade & think he's a better player than many of the striker targets we've been linked with. Stil think we need to sign strikers to compete with or play alongside him though; he's not reliable over a full season & so far RSC's never been fit enough to step in & is still struggling for fitness in Africa. Ade should stay whatever happens imo.

Would hate for us to sign someone like Ibra or Dzeko if it meant Ade going. Backward step imo, he can do anything they can do & has done it in the Prem.

agreed. i love Ade.

Anyone just seen him on TV (is it ITV? i'm on a stream from LiveOnlineFooty) commenting that Black African countries need foreign managers because those countries are too dodgy and the managers, if they are locals, will accept bribes and not be honest, whereas an Arabic nation like Algeria or Egypt can have a local professional manager who won't be on the take. Amazing stuff to hear really. Loved the honesty of his opinion.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:37 pm

It put his decision to step back from international football into context too - Ade says there is proof that their FA received tickets or funds for tickets to fly to the competition, but that they lied to the players telling them no such tickets/funds were received - implying the coach trip (through an unsafe region that had been flagged as a danger zone) was either a cost cutting move by the FA or someone pocketed the difference. Basically their FA put their lives in danger (and saw several people killed) just to save/pocket some money.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:01 pm

Congratulations to Ade..

i can see him having a blinding season.. business like with his work.. as a reaction to what must have been a tough and thoughtful time last season.

Very pleased to have this guy at City.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum