England Press Conference on SSN shortly (11am Sunday)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: England Press Conference on SSN shortly (11am Sunday)

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
btajim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I have no problem with Terry giving the interview, he was the Captain and is still probably the most influential leader on and off the pitch. He always gives a good interview and comes out with sensible and realistic views, not talking shite that has been fed him.

Will wait to comment after it finishes.

Yes, he was the Captain and no longer is. By your school of thought we'd allow Graham Taylor to give the interview. I can honestly say I'd have preferred David James or even Buckham to have taken on the Worlds Media in that Conference. Although it should've been Gerrard.

Fuck me, you really have got your knickers in a twist haven't you! Are Taylor and Beckham currently in the squad? And if you'd have gone for James then why not Terry? Terry always comes across well in interviews and just because he got sacked from the Captaincy doesn't mean he should be locked in the cupboard and only wheeled out for the game. In the run up to, and during this World Cup, near enough all the players have been interviewed in one way or another, I suppose it was just Terry's turn.

Bigger question though Jim: Was he good for you?

Beckham is.

Is he, one of the 23?

No, but neither is Capello.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:48 pm

btajim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Fuck me, you really have got your knickers in a twist haven't you! Are Taylor and Beckham currently in the squad? And if you'd have gone for James then why not Terry? Terry always comes across well in interviews and just because he got sacked from the Captaincy doesn't mean he should be locked in the cupboard and only wheeled out for the game. In the run up to, and during this World Cup, near enough all the players have been interviewed in one way or another, I suppose it was just Terry's turn.

It looks like you're hunting down any thread I've been involved in before being determined to contradict whatever I've said. It must be your turn at the moment.

Is Graham Taylor in the England Squad? Do you not know? Yes. Yes he is. He's playing in Goal, at Left Back, Up Front and giving out the Oranges at half-time. I'm being sarcastic btw. I know how you love to use anything against me with your selective vision.

And it was John Terry's "turn" to give an emergency Press Conference following speculation of unrest in the England Camp? Of course it was. By your logic, we get Ashley Cole in 8 Hours and Joe Hart on Tuesday. I hear the tips have come off the Pool Cues in the Hotel. Crisis!!!

Neither Buckham or James have made the personal error that Terry did to lose the honour of Captaining his Country. I'm championing Gerrard then Lampard then Buckham then James (Senior Squad Member) and then Terry to give this sort of Press Conference. That's my point. Get me? Or do you want me to speak more slowly?

Mate, I don't have a problem at all, I'm merely discussing the point which is the point isn't it. Me personally, I've nothing against Terry as a player or someone who can infuse the squad with some mettle to push us forward, afterall, he does have the experience doesn't he? You say you'd prefer your order and I stated that I don't mind either, either of them would've done me but it just happened to be Terry. And, you say you'd champion Beckham (who has obviously done nothing wrong in his private life) but do you think you would have got the same effect that Terry did.

As I stated, he always comes across well in interviews which had the desired effect for many watching, but if you didn't like it, fair enough but for me, Terry is one of the few individuals in the squad who can lead the players forward, regardless of his past. Oh, and your belittling childish remarks won't work on me mate, save them for those who will actually take you seriously.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
btajim wrote:Yes, he was the Captain and no longer is. By your school of thought we'd allow Graham Taylor to give the interview. I can honestly say I'd have preferred David James or even Buckham to have taken on the Worlds Media in that Conference. Although it should've been Gerrard.

Fuck me, you really have got your knickers in a twist haven't you! Are Taylor and Beckham currently in the squad? And if you'd have gone for James then why not Terry? Terry always comes across well in interviews and just because he got sacked from the Captaincy doesn't mean he should be locked in the cupboard and only wheeled out for the game. In the run up to, and during this World Cup, near enough all the players have been interviewed in one way or another, I suppose it was just Terry's turn.

Beckham is.

Is he, one of the 23?

No, but neither is Capello.

And that's why he wasn't in the interview ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:34 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:If there is no problem within the England camp, as Terry alluded to, then why are they having a meeting?

Just a thought.

Good question mate.

As far as I know they had a day off yesterday - so they will meet for a postmortem today sometime, it's likely to be a long meeting though since there's 90+ minutes of mistakes and poor performance to go though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:39 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:If there is no problem within the England camp, as Terry alluded to, then why are they having a meeting?

Just a thought.

Good question mate.

As far as I know they had a day off yesterday - so they will meet for a postmortem today sometime, it's likely to be a long meeting though since there's 90+ minutes of mistakes and poor performance to go though.

And just imagine if they pause it everytime Rooney miscontrolled or gave the ball way? It's gonna be a long night!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:31 pm

So, it looks like they'll be well under way, anyone hazard a guess on what the players will be airing their views on (and I'm not talking about being shit in general)?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:10 pm

how not to be shit in general
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:12 pm

Dameerto wrote:how not to be shit in general

Nice ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum