England Press Conference on SSN shortly (11am Sunday)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

England Press Conference on SSN shortly (11am Sunday)

Postby btajim » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:58 am

Terry is giving it. So that's the man who was stripped of the Captaincy and not the Manager or the actual Captain or his Vice Captain (Lampard.)
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Re: England Press Conference on SSN shortly (11am Sunday)

Postby dazlebluefrog » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:00 am

jim have you got a link please ??
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby btajim » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:07 am

Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:33 am

I have no problem with Terry giving the interview, he was the Captain and is still probably the most influential leader on and off the pitch. He always gives a good interview and comes out with sensible and realistic views, not talking shite that has been fed him.

Will wait to comment after it finishes.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby dazlebluefrog » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:49 am

cheers jim ,thought he gave a good interview i'd love to be a "fly on the wall "at the meeting tonight, will someone be a traitor and leak out what will of been said
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby Vhero » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:59 am

What was said?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:08 am

Good interview IMO. Terry came across very well. Players disappointed with saturday's performance. Team meeting tonight - open and frank exchanges likely..... French journo asked terry his thoughts on the anelka situation - said that a few England lads may get sent home after tonight's meeting... Ha!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby CityDub » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:31 am

After hearing that interview I believe again that England will win the world cup (snigger),players are a bit bored but now they have mini darts and and a snooker table to keep away the torturous boredom ,having a meeting tonight and they might watch the Algeria game to see what went wrong ,they'll all have a chat and voice their opinions openly with the manager .

Jesus wept just go out and play the chuffing match, its not rocket science ,grow some nads and realise your England (population 50 million) they're Slovenia(2 million) stop with the bleedin excuses and play ball ya shower of over payed prima-donnas .
CityDub
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: kicking looters

Postby btajim » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I have no problem with Terry giving the interview, he was the Captain and is still probably the most influential leader on and off the pitch. He always gives a good interview and comes out with sensible and realistic views, not talking shite that has been fed him.

Yes, he was the Captain and no longer is. By your school of thought we'd allow Graham Taylor to give the interview. I can honestly say I'd have preferred David James or even Buckham to have taken on the Worlds Media in that Conference. Although it should've been Gerrard.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:09 pm

btajim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I have no problem with Terry giving the interview, he was the Captain and is still probably the most influential leader on and off the pitch. He always gives a good interview and comes out with sensible and realistic views, not talking shite that has been fed him.

Yes, he was the Captain and no longer is. By your school of thought we'd allow Graham Taylor to give the interview. I can honestly say I'd have preferred David James or even Buckham to have taken on the Worlds Media in that Conference. Although it should've been Gerrard.

Beckspice would have been entertaining as he stumbled over the questions and gave nonsensical answers. Always value for money hearing him speak.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:12 pm

Slim wrote:Beckspice would have been entertaining as he stumbled over the questions and gave nonsensical answers. Always value for money hearing him speak.

I've taken it to the extreme to try and prove my point. Not a tactic I usually go for, too. Although Buckham has the Caps for England.

Terry was effectively sacked as a figurepoint in the England Squad and I was disappointed he faced the England Media alone.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:17 pm

btajim wrote:
Slim wrote:Beckspice would have been entertaining as he stumbled over the questions and gave nonsensical answers. Always value for money hearing him speak.

I've taken it to the extreme to try and prove my point. Not a tactic I usually go for, too. Although Buckham has the Caps for England.

Terry was effectively sacked as a figurepoint in the England Squad and I was disappointed he faced the England Media alone.

Yes you have, something of a theme with your posting recently.

I can tell you that I have no interest in anything Terry has to say, so a point.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby scaffa blue » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:01 pm

Surley the captain should have been doing this conference, or the caption and some senior players to at least show some unity and leadership for the less experienced younger players. So it seems that the players and coaches will thrash it out tonight at a meeting. Terry basically said some things will have to be said and those who do not like it then its tough shit, maybe Fabio might tell Terry a few home truths. Like I'd have an experienced left back in on the bench if you hadnt dipped ya dick into Waynes ex.
scaffa blue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: paul lake

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Wasn't this the daily (or near-daily) press conference where one player is chosen to meet the media? I would assume they had a day off yesterday so this was the first chance since the match to see England, meaning extra emphasis (and live Sky footage). Gerrard's already done his stint, so have a number of others.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:17 pm

btajim wrote:

Fuck me, you really have got your knickers in a twist haven't you! Are Taylor and Beckham currently in the squad? And if you'd have gone for James then why not Terry? Terry always comes across well in interviews and just because he got sacked from the Captaincy doesn't mean he should be locked in the cupboard and only wheeled out for the game. In the run up to, and during this World Cup, near enough all the players have been interviewed in one way or another, I suppose it was just Terry's turn.

Bigger question though Jim: Was he good for you?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:30 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
btajim wrote:

Fuck me, you really have got your knickers in a twist haven't you! Are Taylor and Beckham currently in the squad? And if you'd have gone for James then why not Terry? Terry always comes across well in interviews and just because he got sacked from the Captaincy doesn't mean he should be locked in the cupboard and only wheeled out for the game. In the run up to, and during this World Cup, near enough all the players have been interviewed in one way or another, I suppose it was just Terry's turn.

Beckham is.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:32 pm

If there is no problem within the England camp, as Terry alluded to, then why are they having a meeting?

Just a thought.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:35 pm

Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
btajim wrote:

Beckham is.

Is he, one of the 23?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Fuck me, you really have got your knickers in a twist haven't you! Are Taylor and Beckham currently in the squad? And if you'd have gone for James then why not Terry? Terry always comes across well in interviews and just because he got sacked from the Captaincy doesn't mean he should be locked in the cupboard and only wheeled out for the game. In the run up to, and during this World Cup, near enough all the players have been interviewed in one way or another, I suppose it was just Terry's turn.

It looks like you're hunting down any thread I've been involved in before being determined to contradict whatever I've said. It must be your turn at the moment.

Is Graham Taylor in the England Squad? Do you not know? Yes. Yes he is. He's playing in Goal, at Left Back, Up Front and giving out the Oranges at half-time. I'm being sarcastic btw. I know how you love to use anything against me with your selective vision.

And it was John Terry's "turn" to give an emergency Press Conference following speculation of unrest in the England Camp? Of course it was. By your logic, we get Ashley Cole in 8 Hours and Joe Hart on Tuesday. I hear the tips have come off the Pool Cues in the Hotel. Crisis!!!

Neither Buckham or James have made the personal error that Terry did to lose the honour of Captaining his Country. I'm championing Gerrard then Lampard then Buckham then James (Senior Squad Member) and then Terry to give this sort of Press Conference. That's my point. Get me? Or do you want me to speak more slowly?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:36 pm

Manx Blue wrote:If there is no problem within the England camp, as Terry alluded to, then why are they having a meeting?

Just a thought.

Good question mate.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum