Sunday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:18 am

DAVID SILVA LIKES THE LOOK OF CHELSEA
SPANISH superstar David Silva has snubbed ­Manchester City admitting it would be a ‘‘pleasure’’ to play for Chelsea.
Valencia midfielder Silva, 24, is one of the hottest properties in ­football – and is being eyed by Real Madrid and Man United as well as Chelsea and Man City.
Silva is valued at £30million and is sure to quit debt-ridden Valencia in the summer – as did his former team-mate David
Villa, who joined Barcelona for £34m earlier this month.
Silva, who is set to play for Spain in their crucial World Cup clash against Honduras tomorrow night, is being tracked by
Roberto Mancini at City but will snub Manchester for a move to west London.
He said: ‘‘Chelsea have established themselves as one of the best clubs in Europe over the last five years.
‘‘They might not have the history of Real Madrid or AC Milan but the truth is they are creating their own history now. If they carry on in the way that they are, there is no reason why in the future that Chelsea can’t be as ­decorated as Real Madrid.
“Chelsea probably have, along with Barcelona, the best squad in football and if any player joins Chelsea he knows he is going to win things.
“In players like John Terry, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba they have players who would get into any team in the world.
“And it would be a pleasure to play with them.”
Villa, with seven goals from 36 ­international appearances, is ­focusing solely on Spain’s ­involvement in the World Cup.
He said: ‘‘For now, my ­concentration has to be on Spain.
“But there is no doubt in my mind that Chelsea would be a great club to play for – and a club where I could fulfil my ambition of league titles and the European Cup.
‘‘The Premier League is still the place to be, no other league in the world has six or seven Champions League quality teams.”

Arsenal Consider Move for £12m Premier League Midfielder
Wenger Sets Sights on Manchester City Man Ireland
Arsenal are rumoured to be considering a move for Manchester City midfielder Stephen Ireland this summer. The Emirates outfit are looking for new additions as they attempt to end their five year run without silverware and Arsene Wenger has earmarked the Irish international as a potential signing.
The 23 year old Cork born attacking midfielder has been linked with a move away from Eastlands and has been the subject of speculative interest from the likes of Tottenham and Aston Villa but now the Gunners are said to be a potential bid for the flair player.
Roberto Mancini doesn’t appear to value Ireland and could well be open to allowing him to leave as long as a decent offer is made. The former Cobh Rambler has himself made it clear that he is looking for an escape route from Eastlands after seeing his first team chances greatly limited following his recovery from niggling injuries last term.
The £12m rated midfielder would add yet more creativity to the Emirates midfield and his ability to play in a number of positions could well be ideal for Wenger as he looks to sign established players to give his side greater balance of youth and experience.

Manchester City will offer England midfielder Joe Cole a £110,000-a-week deal and pay £3m in agents' fees, but even that might not entice the former Chelsea man, with Arsenal and Tottenham both keen on the 28-year-old. (Sunday Express)

Vladimir Weiss is wanted by promoted Newcastle, Chris Hughton being confident he can sign the 20-year-old winger on a loan deal from Manchester City. (News of the World)

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp wants to bring Atletico Madrid's Uruguayan striker Diego Forlan to White Hart Lane. Sunday Mirror

But Spurs could miss out on Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar, who will be offered a new deal that would make him the highest-paid player at Goodison Park. The 28-year-old has been offered a four-year, £55,000-a-week deal by Toffees boss David Moyes. Sunday Mirror

West Ham midfielder Scott Parker will stay at Upton Park as he has been impressed by new manager Avram Grant's plans for the club. The 29-year-old, who made England's initial 30-man World Cup squad, is also looking forward to teaming up with new signing Thomas Hitzlsperger. News of the World

And Parker will perhaps also be pleased by the Hammers' attempts to sign Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux, 24, for £3m. News of the World

Arsenal centre-back Sol Campbell is mulling over two offers - a one-year contract extension with the Gunners and a two-year deal with Celtic. (Sunday Express)

Bolton are set to sign £1m-rated 21-year-old Everton striker James Vaughan. News of the World

New Portsmouth manager Steve Cotterill will make centre-back Steven Caldwell his first signing. Caldwell, 29, was released by Burnley last month following the Claret's relegation from the Premier League. (News of the World)

OTHER BOLLOX
Fabio Capello will resign if his England side fail to qualify for the knockout stages of the World Cup. One of Fulham's Roy Hodgson or Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp would be his likely replacement. Sunday Mirror

Sven-Goran Eriksson could be on his way to Craven Cottage should Hodgson leave Fulham for Liverpool. Sunday Mirror

Or Mark Hughes, Eriksson's successor at Manchester City, will replace Hodgson at Fulham. News of the World

Liverpool's new manager could be named this week but whoever is in the hot seat will have to convince Kop legend Kenny Dalglish - who did not get the job - to stay with the club. Mail on Sunday

Alan Curbishley will be named as Hull City's manager this week. The 52-year-old has been out of football since leaving West Ham in 2008. Mail on Sunday

Prince William told brother Harry that England were "a mess" during the draw with Algeria, according to a lip-reader. Sunday Mirror

FA director of football Sir Trevor Brooking fears England may not have the players to replace the current 'golden generation'. Mail on Sunday

Brotherly love could be in short supply should Kevin-Prince Boateng's Ghana knock brother Jerome Boateng's Germany out of the World Cup on Wednesday. Mail on Sunday
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:54 am

Cheers for the bollox. If those quotes from Silva are recent & true, then it looks like he aint coming to City, which suits me. Top player of course but I'm not sure he's what we need.

Arsenal would be a good club for Ireland if he's intent on leaving, as they have a way of integrating nondescript midfielders like no one else can. Think we'll finish above them whoever he plays for though, so he'd be better off staying with us as the shit will hit the fan there if they miss Chump's lg.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:14 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Cheers for the bollox. If those quotes from Silva are recent & true, then it looks like he aint coming to City, which suits me. Top player of course but I'm not sure he's what we need.

Arsenal would be a good club for Ireland if he's intent on leaving, as they have a way of integrating nondescript midfielders like no one else can. Think we'll finish above them whoever he plays for though, so he'd be better off staying with us as the shit will hit the fan there if they miss Chump's lg.

I agree regarding Silva. He is quality player but I have my doubts whether he fills position of need and whether he'd actually be success in England.

Seems like we were used once again as bait by clever agents for deal in better side though. They need to take harder line with these agents taking the piss imo. Waste our time with discussions that never were ment as serious and we will not do business with you ever again. Should shake them up a bit as most players don't want agents who has poor relations to one of the big players.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby btajim » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:53 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Arsenal would be a good club for Ireland if he's intent on leaving, as they have a way of integrating nondescript midfielders like no one else can. Think we'll finish above them whoever he plays for though, so he'd be better off staying with us as the shit will hit the fan there if they miss Chump's lg.

I'd let Ireland leave on the understanding that he's replaced properly and we also look at Players like Joe Cole. Debates on the merits of signing Milner for 30 Million need not apply where Joe Cole is concerned because he's on a free.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:17 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Cheers for the bollox. If those quotes from Silva are recent & true, then it looks like he aint coming to City, which suits me. Top player of course but I'm not sure he's what we need.

I agree regarding Silva. He is quality player but I have my doubts whether he fills position of need and whether he'd actually be success in England.

Seems like we were used once again as bait by clever agents for deal in better side though. They need to take harder line with these agents taking the piss imo. Waste our time with discussions that never were ment as serious and we will not do business with you ever again. Should shake them up a bit as most players don't want agents who has poor relations to one of the big players.

I recon we're speaking to a group of targets for each position at the same time & some agents are leaking stuff whilst others are keeping quiet. I've also heard rumours that we're refusing the usual backhanders to agents & that would be a good explaination for the negative quotes in the press from some of them, if they think they'd get more money by selling to another club. Toure's agent stands out in that respect, I think he'd rather the player went anywhere but City. Think Toure wants to come though.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:18 am

btajim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Arsenal would be a good club for Ireland if he's intent on leaving, as they have a way of integrating nondescript midfielders like no one else can. Think we'll finish above them whoever he plays for though, so he'd be better off staying with us as the shit will hit the fan there if they miss Chump's lg.

I'd let Ireland leave on the understanding that he's replaced properly and we also look at Players like Joe Cole. Debates on the merits of signing Milner for 30 Million need not apply where Joe Cole is concerned because he's on a free.

Cole would be a good signing but I would of thought Cole going to Arsenal is more likely than Ireland going there.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:24 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

I recon we're speaking to a group of targets for each position at the same time & some agents are leaking stuff whilst others are keeping quiet. I've also heard rumours that we're refusing the usual backhanders to agents & that would be a good explaination for the negative quotes in the press from some of them, if they think they'd get more money by selling to another club. Toure's agent stands out in that respect, I think he'd rather the player went anywhere but City. Think Toure wants to come though.

That's my understanding of things as well mate, and when you combine that with Mancio's statement where he only wants players who want to join the club because they want to get to the top, then it all makes sense. Just like the Robbie stuff now, we only want him back if HE wants to come back, not because he's got nowhere else to go.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum