Team / Predictions for England v Slovenia

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Team / Predictions for England v Slovenia

Postby kinkylola » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:38 am

so looks like capello is going to go with upson and terry in defence ... wanting england to lose I see this as a good thing. How do you lot feel about it?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/ ... ver=global

I've never rated upson, when we were linked with him I thought to myself "god no." I think he may be a good tackler, but I would seriously doubt his ability to mark players with even a modicum of pace and skill. The slovenians look very solid and have some quick players. The partnership of Terry and Upson says to me that they are going to be sitting in their zones and anyone who runs straight at them or within reach will be tackled, but if either one is pulled out of position it will be trouble.

Personally I don't like Dawson, but I think he would have been a much much better selection.

Capello's defensive selections have been called out a bit I think ... King done, Rio out, Carragher suspended/almost completely immobile when he does play. Upson is just as slow as carragher and injury prone to boot. Dawson is probably actually liking his chances of getting some games if england progress, I can't see any of those other cb's bar terry lasting the tournament.

Anyway, I don't think this will be a popular decision ...
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum