Rooney: Nice To See Your Home Fans Booing Ya...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rooney: Nice To See Your Home Fans Booing Ya...

Postby edge275 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:55 pm

Haha that's an absolutely brilliant rant.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:57 pm

Cheers Bloo'ey, that was well worth a listen. He came out with a decent point at the end as well when he said that we should be looking at pulling Rooney off and giving the likes of Defoe and Crouch a chance, putting Rooney in a position where he has to fight for his place rather than an automatic selection.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:58 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Fucking ONCE. Just like South Korea.

Regular semi finalists and finalists are considered the real tournament favourites. The only cunts on this planet that ever think England are going to win are the English.

Oh and if you're going to put something in capitals, spell it properly you mong.

That's a bit nasty isn't it? But the truth is, we ARE better than your National Team aren't we, even the French are better than you!

ooh, did I hit a nerve or something?

I gave you REALITY. I never slagged you off, or your team. I said the only people that ever really think England are going to win every tournament they enter is the English. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps some of the foreign blues could give their opinion?

As for the french being better than us... of course they are - on paper, just like England are... on paper...

Only France have actually won the world cup and european championships after I was born.

Oh and head to head Ireland are better than England.

Ciao.

Not at all mate, was just doing a bit of:
Did I?

Ah, so so, not really...

I'll be cheering you lot on on Wed.

I don't want England to go out of the competition early, regardless of what poor old CityGer thinks. You were fishing - he got genuinely offended and started posting the picture of Henry handling the ball and laughing in two seperate threads!

Hey CityGer - chill the fuck out you numpty.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:20 pm

edge275 wrote:

Haha that's an absolutely brilliant rant.

Brilliant I would have had preferred him out there last night even at his age now! I reckon he could have been better than Shrek!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby kinkylola » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Have the run the stats on how many teams have drawn their first 2 games and gone on to win it all?
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:26 pm

kinkylola wrote:Have the run the stats on how many teams have drawn their first 2 games and gone on to win it all?

Italia '90 we drew our first two group games and went on to lose the semi on penalties.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby kinkylola » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:34 pm

wright may be a cock but i think he was spot on with that opinion
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby kinkylola » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Dameerto wrote:
kinkylola wrote:Have the run the stats on how many teams have drawn their first 2 games and gone on to win it all?

Italia '90 we drew our first two group games and went on to lose the semi on penalties.

oh shit, you guys are going to the semi's then ... cool
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:37 pm

kinkylola wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

That's your conclusion, not mine (I'm not confident about Wednesday at all)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:43 pm

kinkylola wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Aye, with a team just like the one mentioned - capable of going all the way!

CARL you bollox, I forgot about you - Every team is capable of going all the way, just like Greece a few years back at the euros.
But semi finalists once in the world cup in recent history is not within pissing distance of the actual big guns and that's my point.

I honestly have nothing against the english team, but I have NEVER felt like you were realistically capable of winning a world cup in my time. I actually had england down for a second round exit in this world cup and it looks like that might not happen.

Like I already said, I hope you go far, it gives the comp more excitement I reckon!
Original Dub

Postby blootoof » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:54 pm

blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:00 pm

blootoof wrote:Stan Collymore, Adrian Durham

http://www.talksport.net/mediaplayer/me ... ediaType=1

I think I'll give that one a miss ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:05 pm

I have to admit having a sneaky sense of admiration for Wayne... after enduring his performance for 90 minutes last night I didn't think he had the accuracy needed to put his foot so perfectly in his mouth but he proved me wrong
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Regular semi finalists and finalists are considered the real tournament favourites. The only cunts on this planet that ever think England are going to win are the English.

Oh and if you're going to put something in capitals, spell it properly you mong.

That's a bit nasty isn't it? But the truth is, we ARE better than your National Team aren't we, even the French are better than you!

I gave you REALITY. I never slagged you off, or your team. I said the only people that ever really think England are going to win every tournament they enter is the English. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps some of the foreign blues could give their opinion?

As for the french being better than us... of course they are - on paper, just like England are... on paper...

Only France have actually won the world cup and european championships after I was born.

Ciao.

Mate, you are completely wrong, nobody in England EXPECTS to win the world cup at the start of any tournament. Expecting to win the competition is the sort of thing classless munichs do when they talk about winning the league. What we do is get behind our team possibly like no other nation, with the whole country coming together for a common cause, thats not because we think we are going to win but because we can see that our squad has the potential to do the business.

What England fans do see, is a team with 5 or 6 truly world class players. Any nation with 5/6 world class players would expect quite rightly that they have the squad on paper to do very well in any tournament. Thats not arrogance, that is a healthy expectation of your country doing well given the resources at their disposal. If you dont believe me, how many true world class players do Brazil have?

Julio Cesar, Maicon, Daniel Alves, Lucio, Kaka - Yet everyone EXPECTS them to be amongst the favourites at every tournament, so why not England with Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Lampard & Rooney.

The difference is ultimately very simple, Brazil players play like a team, like they are all tuned into the same frequency, England often have to muddle through because they dont have that cohesion, and because for the last 2/3 tournaments we have been unbalanced because of Gerrard & Lampard.

In England's case, no manager has managed to squeeze these world class players into a starting 11 or implement an effective tactic, which is why we are always destined to fail when we come up against a well organised and talented side. We thought that in Capello we finally had the man who could crack the code of Gerrard & Lampard, which is key to our success. It seems he has bottled it unfortunately which means assuming we can beat Slovenia, we most likely will fail at quarter final stage when we face the first top quality side.

Bobby Robson was the last manager to get England playing together, and many pundits believe England would have gone onto win it in 1986 had it not been for the hand of god, and then he took them to the semis only to be knocked out on a penalty lottery in the next tournament.

I said that on each occasion in the last 20 years we had a squad perfectly capable of winning, but that stupid individual decisions from managers and indiscretions from players had caused that not to happen. That is a fact mate, its indisputable, that each time we have gone out of a tournament in the last 20/25 years, it has been down to pure bad luck (Maradona) or some silly cunt kicking out at another player.

The bookies opening odds on England making them 3rd or 4th favourite in ANY tournament is for a reason - the squads do have what it takes, one day it will click - but now we can see it probably wont be this time round.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dazzacity » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:43 pm

Guttless performance by players that walk around thinkin they're the best in the world.. We should buy english players??? no thanks, most are over paid utter arseholes in the game.Id take a good honest over seas players any day, that wont strut around with his slag of a wag and demanding the fookin sun..

Id also take Richards over Glen Johnson, as I think he is far better!! Iv never rated Johnson and I dont think Iv ever seen a good performance from him!!

Adam Johnson is better than Lennon and SWP put together. Capello didnt have the bollox to take him. Im convinced he would be our best player if we would have taken him.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dazzacity » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Ciao.

What a load of bollox!! I dont know one Englishman that thinks we will win the world cup!! so I dont know where you got that bollox from. Maybe if you actually lived in England, you could make a proper assessment??I mean, I bet the only contact you have with English is on this site, so where are all the members harkin on that we will win the World Cup? I think your comments have stemmed through bitterness. Yeah, fans think we have a CHANCE of winning it, as we SHOULD have the players to win it. Its just a pity they put in half arsed performances.
Last edited by Dazzacity on Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Dazzacity wrote:Guttless performance by players that walk around thinkin they're the best in the world.. We should buy english players??? no thanks, most are over paid utter arseholes in the game.Id take a good honest over seas players any day, that wont strut around with his slag of a wag and demanding the fookin sun..

Id also take Richards over Glen Johnson, as I think he is far better!! Iv never rated Johnson and I dont think Iv ever seen a good performance from him!!

Adam Johnson is better than Lennon and SWP put together. Capello didnt have the bollox to take him. Im convinced he would be our best player if we would have taken him.

He played well against the USA (where he was on the attack a lot), he was pants last night though, Belhadj kept him busy most of the game and he is fairly weak defensively
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:31 pm

I think the fact that all these players put themselves up for selection and not quit international football like our stevie has and a few others shows that they give a fuck.As has been mentioned before they dont get any money for it and do it for the honour and pride.So for me the suggestion they dont care is wide of the mark
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:39 pm

Rag_hater wrote:As has been mentioned before they dont get any money for it and do it for the honour and pride.So for me the suggestion they dont care is wide of the mark

I think they keep money for team endorsements, plus are able to potentially earn a load more from individual sponsors for appearing for England.

In the late 90s, players were payed about 800 quid per match for England. I don't know how much it is now, but I'm pretty certain it pales in comparison to what they get from sources other than the FA.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby CityDub » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:42 pm

Everythings easy on paper ;-)
CityDub
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: kicking looters

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum