Rooney: Nice To See Your Home Fans Booing Ya...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rooney: Nice To See Your Home Fans Booing Ya...

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:40 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:There is an element of disproportionate expectation though, and it happens everytime there's a tournament - all that "maybe, just maybe" crap whipped up by the press (using Churchillian speeches and trying to draw comparisons in importance between the battle of Britain and a fewking game of football). There's not enough level headed articles to balance it out.

For the last 2 decades, we have had a team which WAS capable of going all the way. Just like Spain really, we always choke at the critical point someone does something individually stupid and we end up going out, evidence 2006 Portugal, 2002 Brazil, 1998 Argentina where individual errors of judgement cost us the opportunity to progress.

It is entirely right to expect that a collection of the world's most sought after footballers will go far in the competition, and potentially win the pot at the end of it. Media, advertising etc, bollocks, they hype it up because England on paper should do well in EVERY competition they enter.

Perhaps playing shite teams several times a year in an extended qualifying programme though gives us no real preparation for tournament football against half decent teams - one of the reasons the home nations competition is sorely missed

I completely disagree with that.

So we lost in the semi finals on PENALTYS but you think we did'nt have a team to go all the way???

alright then.

Fucking ONCE. Just like South Korea.

Regular semi finalists and finalists are considered the real tournament favourites. The only cunts on this planet that ever think England are going to win are the English.

Oh and if you're going to put something in capitals, spell it properly you mong.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:52 pm

Lay off the poor lad, he's just missing the attention! Being the young hero during the 2004 Euro's and then remember the last World Cup, all the build up regarding his broken metatarsal then his subsequent sending off against the Winking Portuguese. Oh, and let's not forget his dazzling displays in the Euro 2008 qualifiers where we waited expectantly for him to come back into the squad who had pummelled the early opponents but couldn't beat the likes of Macedonia or Israel when he came back, we all know where that led us to don't we.

So, do take it easy on him, he's having a bit of a hard time out there with them Boo Boys, and regardless if they've saved spent in excess of what they really can afford, probably a 10th of his weekly wage, he has every right to slate those Loyal fans. Afterall, what have they ever done for him?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby edge275 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:53 pm

I know I'm in for a backlash here but I don't care, I agree with Rooney.

People have paid money etc and if they really want to boo they can do, but it's counter productive.

It's like saying you can turn up at a hotel and give the staff a load of grief just because you've paid for it. You can technically do it if you want but it's not really helpful.

It was a diabolical performance I agree but the last thing the team needs is the fans on their back.

I don't think the performance was that bad because the players couldn't be arsed I think it's a culmination of things. Dodgy tactics, pressure, the climate etc etc.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:56 pm

There was a point made in the press though, that the fans apparently held off booing them until the 88th minute - if that's true (and it's hard to say with all the vuvuzelas) then they were still behind the team when it counted.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Original Dub wrote:Fucking ONCE. Just like South Korea.

Regular semi finalists and finalists are considered the real tournament favourites. The only cunts on this planet that ever think England are going to win are the English.

Oh and if you're going to put something in capitals, spell it properly you mong.

That's a bit nasty isn't it? But the truth is, we ARE better than your National Team aren't we, even the French are better than you!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CityGer » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:58 pm

It's like saying you can turn up at a hotel and give the staff a load of grief just because you've paid for it.

No it's not.

A terrible analogy, up there with your Nat West one.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:59 pm

edge275 wrote:I know I'm in for a backlash here but I don't care, I agree with Rooney.

People have paid money etc and if they really want to boo they can do, but it's counter productive.

It's like saying you can turn up at a hotel and give the staff a load of grief just because you've paid for it. You can technically do it if you want but it's not really helpful.

It was a diabolical performance I agree but the last thing the team needs is the fans on their back.

I don't think the performance was that bad because the players couldn't be arsed I think it's a culmination of things. Dodgy tactics, pressure, the climate etc etc.

So Edge, if you turn up at the hotel and someone had shit in your bed and pissed in your kettle, would you not complain?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CityGer » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:01 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

That's a bit nasty isn't it? But the truth is, we ARE better than your National Team aren't we, even the French are better than you!

Yeah, we're all cunts.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:02 pm

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:There is an element of disproportionate expectation though, and it happens everytime there's a tournament - all that "maybe, just maybe" crap whipped up by the press (using Churchillian speeches and trying to draw comparisons in importance between the battle of Britain and a fewking game of football). There's not enough level headed articles to balance it out.

For the last 2 decades, we have had a team which WAS capable of going all the way. Just like Spain really, we always choke at the critical point someone does something individually stupid and we end up going out, evidence 2006 Portugal, 2002 Brazil, 1998 Argentina where individual errors of judgement cost us the opportunity to progress.

It is entirely right to expect that a collection of the world's most sought after footballers will go far in the competition, and potentially win the pot at the end of it. Media, advertising etc, bollocks, they hype it up because England on paper should do well in EVERY competition they enter.

Perhaps playing shite teams several times a year in an extended qualifying programme though gives us no real preparation for tournament football against half decent teams - one of the reasons the home nations competition is sorely missed

I completely disagree with that.

So we lost in the semi finals on PENALTYS but you think we did'nt have a team to go all the way???

alright then.

Fucking ONCE. Just like South Korea.

"For the last 2 decades, we have had a team which WAS capable of going all the way"

You replied,

I completely disagree with that.[/quote]

Carl said,

OD Replied,
Fucking ONCE.

So basically we had a team that was good enough to go all the way to the Final, but fell to the lottery of pens.

Spot the Mong...Mong.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:02 pm

edge275 wrote:I know I'm in for a backlash here but I don't care, I agree with Rooney.

Well if the hotel staff wern't doing their job like not cleaning your room right then im sure you would say something, it's the same way as most of the england team not giving a shit when they're out on the pitch so yes the fans are right to boo.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby King Kev » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:13 pm

Rag_hater wrote:Although what the fat twat said was probably a bit out of order I think that he is becoming a bit of a scapegoat for the fans,along with the fact that we didn't put the Algerians to the sword like we were all expecting made it worse.He is still relativley a young man and he is not the first to say the wrong thing.
All this idea a that the players are lazy and dont give a fuck is not something I buy into.
From his comments it says to me that he does give a fuck.
We are still in it and after Wednesday if we qualify to go further then all this will seem trivial.
For me his comments show that he is incapable of taking criticism.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby edge275 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:14 pm

CityGer wrote:
It's like saying you can turn up at a hotel and give the staff a load of grief just because you've paid for it.

No it's not.

It is a bad analogy to be fair as the difference between hotel staff and england players is that with england players you both have a common goal ie to win. That's why I don't think it's constructive booing. Fans would be best to channel their frustrations in the right way. Blast their performance on facebook, on the radio, on forums whatever but actually booing the team won't do any good.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby CityGer » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:21 pm

edge275 wrote:
CityGer wrote:

No it's not.

It is a bad analogy to be fair as the difference between hotel staff and england players is that with england players you both have a common goal ie to win. That's why I don't think it's constructive booing. Fans would be best to channel their frustrations in the right way. Blast their performance on facebook, on the radio, on forums whatever but actually booing the team won't do any good.

It was a bad analogy, spectacularly bad.

I don't agree with your sentiment either. They deserved to get booed off, they were fucking disgraceful.

Your comment bbout it being counter productive suggests that the players thrive on the support from the stands? They didn't last night, they were backed superbly and offerred nothing.

Bunch of cunts and they deserved far more than a few heckles. I was and still am fucking livid with them and I'm glad they were booed off. It's about time these cunts got a reality check and some proper 'feedback'.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

ooh, did I hit a nerve or something?

I gave you REALITY. I never slagged you off, or your team. I said the only people that ever really think England are going to win every tournament they enter is the English. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps some of the foreign blues could give their opinion?

As for the french being better than us... of course they are - on paper, just like England are... on paper...

Only France have actually won the world cup and european championships after I was born.

Oh and head to head Ireland are better than England.

Ciao.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:28 pm

CityGer wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Yeah, we're all cunts.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha ha?

After that fucking display against a shit team that we lashed out of it 3 fucking nil.

That's fresh.

I wouldn't be laughing too much if I were you chief.

Jesus, you'd swear I insulted England and the fans. All I said was the only ones who think England will win every tournament you enter is England fans.

Chill the fuck out lads, its not like you got cheated out of it.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:29 pm

CityGer wrote:
edge275 wrote:
CityGer wrote:

No it's not.

I don't agree with your sentiment either. They deserved to get booed off, they were fucking disgraceful.

Your comment bbout it being counter productive suggests that the players thrive on the support from the stands? They didn't last night, they were backed superbly and offerred nothing.

Bunch of cunts and they deserved far more than a few heckles. I was and still am fucking livid with them and I'm glad they were booed off. It's about time these cunts got a reality check and some proper 'feedback'.

I don't boo when things go wrong & I'm sure it doesn't help but if I'd spent several grand to travel halfway across the world & was rewarded by that fucking shambles I'd be tempted. Whether I did boo or not, I wouldn't expect someone who played like a twat to start voicing opinions on it. See he's apologised now.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby edge275 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:29 pm

CityGer wrote:
edge275 wrote:
CityGer wrote:

No it's not.

My analogy was more a reference towards people seeming to think that just because you've spent money you are now allowed to say/do what you want.

The great Barcelona lost to Atletico Madrid last year, if you went over to see them play on that particular game and the performance wasn't to your liking is it now ok to boo and hurl abuse or whatever directly to the team because you've 'paid money'?

I honestly don't believe any England player wasn't arsed yesterday. If an England player wasn't arsed that's a different ball game but I think we were so poor because of various other factors. You know as well they don't get paid for playing for England? I'm sure I read somewhere the money they're entitled to goes to a charity, I think it's the Bobby Moore's charity.
edge275

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:37 pm

Englands poor showing i still think its because there are too many foreign players in the premiership, we dont have a winter break and there is way too much money involved in football.

ronney dont have a leg to stand on with his comments, but i understand he is pissed off and is lashing out but he should be lashing out at his team mates not the fans. I didnt see 1 england player screaming at each other on the pitch telling them to up their game.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby blootoof » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:41 pm

blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:44 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

ooh, did I hit a nerve or something?

I gave you REALITY. I never slagged you off, or your team. I said the only people that ever really think England are going to win every tournament they enter is the English. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps some of the foreign blues could give their opinion?

As for the french being better than us... of course they are - on paper, just like England are... on paper...

Only France have actually won the world cup and european championships after I was born.

Oh and head to head Ireland are better than England.

Ciao.

Not at all mate, was just doing a bit of:
Did I?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum