Rooney: Nice To See Your Home Fans Booing Ya...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rooney: Nice To See Your Home Fans Booing Ya...

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:55 pm

In the heat of the moment players can say things. Rooney was probably as frustrated as the rest of us and these camermen going up to players on the pitch the way they do don't help.

However he was out of order. Fans have every right to voice their displeasure.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Dazzacity wrote:Guttless performance by players that walk around thinkin they're the best in the world.. We should buy english players??? no thanks, most are over paid utter arseholes in the game.Id take a good honest over seas players any day, that wont strut around with his slag of a wag and demanding the fookin sun..

Id also take Richards over Glen Johnson, as I think he is far better!! Iv never rated Johnson and I dont think Iv ever seen a good performance from him!!

Adam Johnson is better than Lennon and SWP put together. Capello didnt have the bollox to take him. Im convinced he would be our best player if we would have taken him.

Certainly agree he should have taken AJ, also he should have taken Darren Bent.Anyone who scores 25 odd prem goals in a pretty average team has got to be a bit special. Oh I forgot, Rooney wanted to play off Heskey, and seeing he's going to win it on his own he must be right.
They couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:34 pm

CityDub wrote:Everythings easy on paper ;-)

I said at the time that that bloody stupid headline would come back and bite them on the arse.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:54 pm

The sun do dis-respect very well. Having said that, could England have been given a more favourable group? Its a shame that in almost every tournament England are the team that has the dirty linen washed, rubbed in the dirt and washed again, every fucking time. It could be worse. a)England could go out on wednesday, with another poor performance and b)after this poor performance, there is crowd trouble.
I know scenario b is unlikely to happen, but it would be the shitty icing on top of a shitty cake.
Rooney isnt the first player to under perform on the biggest stage, but his reaction, to me, suggests a petulance that is normally indulged and allowed to ferment by his club manager. He has contained it on the pitch so far, no doubt he has been told he has to.
I've heard so much today about pressure and how England can't cope with it. True, there is pressure, but the money they earn has nothing to do with it. Every team and manager in every World Cup is under pressure, at varying degrees. The FA can try and whitewash this all away with an apology and get all pally pally but like the spin doctors smothering governments the truth is there once you scratch the surface.
If you cant take the pressure, Its the managers job to make the team accomodate someone who can. As I see it England has one card left to play. Get our creative players(all three of them) playing closer together and try to build from there.
If it doesnt happen, everyones deflated. OK. Then the press will summon up all the poison and bile they have left to spit at City next season, whilst perpetuating the myth that Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard et al are "World Class". Over to you Fabio, NO PRESSURE
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby btajim » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:39 pm

Front Page of The Sun and pictures of a Frenchman cheating? Brilliant. Just brilliant.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:41 am

Dazzacity wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Fucking ONCE. Just like South Korea.

Regular semi finalists and finalists are considered the real tournament favourites. The only cunts on this planet that ever think England are going to win are the English.

Oh and if you're going to put something in capitals, spell it properly you mong.

That's a bit nasty isn't it? But the truth is, we ARE better than your National Team aren't we, even the French are better than you!

ooh, did I hit a nerve or something?

I gave you REALITY. I never slagged you off, or your team. I said the only people that ever really think England are going to win every tournament they enter is the English. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps some of the foreign blues could give their opinion?

As for the french being better than us... of course they are - on paper, just like England are... on paper...

Only France have actually won the world cup and european championships after I was born.

Oh and head to head Ireland are better than England.

Ciao.

What a load of bollox!! I dont know one Englishman that thinks we will win the world cup!! so I dont know where you got that bollox from. Maybe if you actually lived in England, you could make a proper assessment??I mean, I bet the only contact you have with English is on this site, so where are all the members harkin on that we will win the World Cup? I think your comments have stemmed through bitterness. Yeah, fans think we have a CHANCE of winning it, as we SHOULD have the players to win it. Its just a pity they put in half arsed performances.

WTF?!! Why would I be bitter about the england football team? If I was to be bitter about anyone it would make more sense for it to be France, no?

As for me only having contact with English people on this site - well, first of all, I have quite a few english friends, but maybe its the media that puts it across more so than anyone else. I think they put too much pressure on the team, but if you ask any foreigner - certainly Irish - I bet they'd say that we are fed the bullshit that England are going to win every competition they enter.

That's not bitterness or anything contrived, its purely an observation. This bullshit that every Irish guy wants the England team to fail purely because of history is old and boring. If anything, I'd say its the media that has folk from other countries wanting england to fail.

Your media fucks you in the ass every time. Take the media over here when Ireland are in a tournament. Fantastic.
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:49 am

i honestly think everything -- from the Fabio reporter rant before the matches started, to the Rooney rant, to the Terry "rebellion", etc -- is just what the England team needs to be honest.

You're close to the depths of despair and honestly you haven't been often challenged in the last 2 years. That's what's wrong with the side. They've had little external conflict on the pitch. They are creating their own challenges. They haven't had to use these muscles lately, and never under Don Fab. It will come tho.

Cooler heads will prevail, they'll win to earn their way through to the knockout rounds and claw and scratch their way forward. I'm pretty sure of that. A couple goals against Slovenia and tough quarterfinals match is just what they need as a wake-up call to get the best out of the team.

with all of the clusterfucl action from the Continental teams this Cup needs a strong England run to combat the South Americans, because they are pissing on everyone as it stands right now.

Ch33r5
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:54 am

Original Dub wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Fucking ONCE. Just like South Korea.

Regular semi finalists and finalists are considered the real tournament favourites. The only cunts on this planet that ever think England are going to win are the English.

Oh and if you're going to put something in capitals, spell it properly you mong.

That's a bit nasty isn't it? But the truth is, we ARE better than your National Team aren't we, even the French are better than you!

ooh, did I hit a nerve or something?

I gave you REALITY. I never slagged you off, or your team. I said the only people that ever really think England are going to win every tournament they enter is the English. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps some of the foreign blues could give their opinion?

As for the french being better than us... of course they are - on paper, just like England are... on paper...

Only France have actually won the world cup and european championships after I was born.

Oh and head to head Ireland are better than England.

Ciao.

What a load of bollox!! I dont know one Englishman that thinks we will win the world cup!! so I dont know where you got that bollox from. Maybe if you actually lived in England, you could make a proper assessment??I mean, I bet the only contact you have with English is on this site, so where are all the members harkin on that we will win the World Cup? I think your comments have stemmed through bitterness. Yeah, fans think we have a CHANCE of winning it, as we SHOULD have the players to win it. Its just a pity they put in half arsed performances.

WTF?!! Why would I be bitter about the england football team? If I was to be bitter about anyone it would make more sense for it to be France, no?

As for me only having contact with English people on this site - well, first of all, I have quite a few english friends, but maybe its the media that puts it across more so than anyone else. I think they put too much pressure on the team, but if you ask any foreigner - certainly Irish - I bet they'd say that we are fed the bullshit that England are going to win every competition they enter.

That's not bitterness or anything contrived, its purely an observation. This bullshit that every Irish guy wants the England team to fail purely because of history is old and boring. If anything, I'd say its the media that has folk from other countries wanting england to fail.

Your media fucks you in the ass every time. Take the media over here when Ireland are in a tournament. Fantastic.

It's just as unfair to hold us responsible for 'The Sun' etc as it would be to hold City responsible for what it says about them & imo often used as an excuse by people who just basically don't want England to do well . Watch England amongst a bunch of Scots & it's not the newspapers they're talking about. Most English people believe that with a squad like the present one, we should have a CHANCE of winning the World Cup & if people say that's unreasonable it's because they're looking at it in a biased way . Most of the top sides would consider picking at least some of those players for their 1st choices if they were available & most top club sides would consider signing them. If those players were Irish you would think you had a shot at winning & would be just as gobsmacked as us if they played like they did v Algeria.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Ah yeah mate don't get me wrong, the performance against Algeria was way below par for that team. I got the result against the US bang on though and I wasn't one bit suprised with the draw.

I had England come out of the group in second and then get knocked out in the second round... I'm always there or there abouts with predictions for their exit and its not because I'm praying to the heavens or because I can see into the future.

There is a big big problem with your national team and its been there for a long time. If anything, I feel its getting worse and the media don't help at all.

The whole feeling of being in with a chance on paper doesn't hold water with me, because as a unit they are not used to winning a single thing. When you compare to the likes of Germany, Italy and Brazil, that's the fundamental difference IMO... some current players in each squad has witnessed a world cup or euro cup final and that mentality is in the squad.

Spain have finally broken their hoodoo, but I think it'll be sometime until England do and its not just a change of manager that will do it.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:43 pm

Original Dub wrote:Ah yeah mate don't get me wrong, the performance against Algeria was way below par for that team. I got the result against the US bang on though and I wasn't one bit suprised with the draw.

I had England come out of the group in second and then get knocked out in the second round... I'm always there or there abouts with predictions for their exit and its not because I'm praying to the heavens or because I can see into the future.

There is a big big problem with your national team and its been there for a long time. If anything, I feel its getting worse and the media don't help at all.

The whole feeling of being in with a chance on paper doesn't hold water with me, because as a unit they are not used to winning a single thing. When you compare to the likes of Germany, Italy and Brazil, that's the fundamental difference IMO... some current players in each squad has witnessed a world cup or euro cup final and that mentality is in the squad.

Spain have finally broken their hoodoo, but I think it'll be sometime until England do and its not just a change of manager that will do it.

This is still the best chance we've got imo. If we get out of this group alive anything can happen in cup football with the potential talent at England's disposal. No team in this competition is a complete unit & imo whoever wins will be one of, if not THE worst team ever to win the world cup. Anyone out of about 8 teams could beat anyone else.

If England can't do it now, I can't see the same quality of players coming through to replace the current ones. We could be genuinely shite for years after this rather than just underachieving.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:49 pm

Something I am not sure if it's overlooked, but certainly hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

England are the only side at the World Cup who haven't got a single player playing outside their own country, in fact in the 23 I am not sure there is a player who has ever played outside the English leagues. Not sure how much of a factor this is, but I am sure living in another country let's you adapt easier when you travel to yet another foreign country for a tournament, and playing in the Serie A or La Liga would expose the players to more diversity in styles.

Of course I still think the overriding factor is our players don't look to give a fuck, but I am sure this has some sort of impact.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:51 pm

Slim wrote:Something I am not sure if it's overlooked, but certainly hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

England are the only side at the World Cup who haven't got a single player playing outside their own country, in fact in the 23 I am not sure there is a player who has ever played outside the English leagues. Not sure how much of a factor this is, but I am sure living in another country let's you adapt easier when you travel to yet another foreign country for a tournament, and playing in the Serie A or La Liga would expose the players to more diversity in styles.

Of course I still think the overriding factor is our players don't look to give a fuck, but I am sure this has some sort of impact.

Excellent point mate. I'd go along with that as being a factor. Like you say, not THE factor, but definitely part of the problem.
Original Dub

Postby Colin the King » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:01 pm

Slim wrote:Something I am not sure if it's overlooked, but certainly hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

It's a fair point, but to play devil's advocate, the Italy side that won the World Cup last time was the same- every single player played in Serie A. I'd be inclined to think your overriding factor is where it's at.

As for media pressure, I'm not sure either. The Brazilian, Italian, Argentine and French press are all as, if not more vociferous than the English media. Apparently the Italians were completely taking the piss out of New Zealand before kick-off yesterday- that went well. Anywhere there's great or potentially great players, there's going to be expectation and pressure. As professionals, they should be well capable of handling it.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:20 pm

Colin the King wrote:

It's a fair point, but to play devil's advocate, the Italy side that won the World Cup last time was the same- every single player played in Serie A. I'd be inclined to think your overriding factor is where it's at.

As for media pressure, I'm not sure either. The Brazilian, Italian, Argentine and French press are all as, if not more vociferous than the English media. Apparently the Italians were completely taking the piss out of New Zealand before kick-off yesterday- that went well. Anywhere there's great or potentially great players, there's going to be expectation and pressure. As professionals, they should be well capable of handling it.

I think 'don't give a fuck' is a bit strong but I think there's a definite attitude that most England players are playing for their own personal glory of being a star in an England shirt rather than a cog in a winning machine. They care about winning but they' care even more about looking good individually rather than as part of a team. It's when they forget their own egos & start playing to win that they start to look a real threat.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that the current shitness could bring that out of them if they escape this group, as it did in '90. I won't hold my breath 'til I see what team turns up on Wed though.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:21 pm

Colin the King wrote:

You make a good point about the Italians, I didn't realise that only one of their players at the moment is playing outside of Italy. And he only just signed for a payday in the UAE. However, they do have players who have played elsewhere in Europe.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:30 pm

Colin the King wrote:

they are just out of sync and trying to hard...once they relax the matches will come back to them. Look at Brasil yesterday...they didn't piss their pants when IC played them hard...kept their cool, got a goal, cheated for a 2nd, then earned a victory. England need to follow the same path.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby trout man » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:Ah yeah mate don't get me wrong, the performance against Algeria was way below par for that team. I got the result against the US bang on though and I wasn't one bit suprised with the draw.

That psychology could be levelled at Manchester City as a club...as well. We need to get the monkey off our back as much as England, because not just does 'ENGLAND EXPECTS', the Man City fans do as well......no pressure then
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:17 pm

trout man wrote:

That psychology could be levelled at Manchester City as a club...as well. We need to get the monkey off our back as much as England, because not just does 'ENGLAND EXPECTS', the Man City fans do as well......no pressure then

Too true. Same problem - top of the pile late 60s and very little since.

A mentality change is probably our biggest obstacle.
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum