***Official England v Algeria Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official England v Algeria Thread***

Postby bluej » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:43 pm

I've not seen one mention of Lampard in this thread. Quite apt really as I saw him once in the whole game, trying to shoot from 35 yards.

Too many players not showing enough.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Blue In Bolton » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:43 pm

An absolute fucking disgrace tonight. Mate of mine at work says to me earlier on in the day "How many are we going to win by tonight?" My reply: "I don't know mate - I remember us playing Morocco in 86" Same old , same old...
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:I cannot believe some England fans actually really tried to convince me that England would easily beat Germany...

yeah, cause Germany were great today! Did you spot Mertesacker trying to cover for Lahm and left his own man for the goal. lahm standing few yards away doing fuck all as always.

Your bias against Lahm is really starting to get on my tits. Mertesacker shouldn't even have covered Lahm, but shoukd have stayed with his man. Lahm tried to jump up but was up against a 202cm tall guy who on top of that climbed all over him.

And yes 10 men Germany looked far more threatening today against Serbia than 11 men England did against minnows Algeria.

Edit: Why can Admins not be put on the Foe list?
Last edited by avoidconfusion on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:46 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:I cannot believe some England fans actually really tried to convince me that England would easily beat Germany...

yeah, cause Germany were great today! Did you spot Mertesacker trying to cover for Lahm and left his own man for the goal. lahm standing few yards away doing fuck all as always.

I still think England would hammer Germany. It's getting past Slovenia 1st that worries me!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I still think England would hammer Germany. It's getting past Slovenia 1st that worries me!

What makes you think England can hammer Germany exactly if you cannot even score against Algeria?
avoidconfusion

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:57 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I still think England would hammer Germany. It's getting past Slovenia 1st that worries me!

What makes you think England can hammer Germany exactly if you cannot even score against Algeria?

Because they bottled it disgracefully against Algeria, expected to win. They'll be right up for it against Germany, expected to lose & play it like a PL game. If our players play to their ability they're better on the whole than the German players. Tonight they didn't even reach 50% & won't get past Slovenia unless they sort it. If they do gert past them, it's unlikely they'll play that badly against the better teams win or lose, especially Germany.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue in the face » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:57 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:

Or Japan.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Because they bottled it disgracefully against Algeria, expected to win. They'll be right up for it against Germany, expected to lose & play it like a PL game. If our players play to their ability they're better on the whole than the German players. Tonight they didn't even reach 50% & won't get past Slovenia unless they sort it. If they do gert past them, it's unlikely they'll play that badly against the better teams win or lose, especially Germany.

I think tonight showed that all your individual superiority means nothing because Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney etc simply cannot play together like a real Team it seems.

And you really think England would be expected to lose against this young German team? I don't think so, I think England would still be favourites.
avoidconfusion

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:05 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:

Your bias against Lahm is really starting to get on my tits. Mertesacker shouldn't even have covered Lahm, but shoukd have stayed with his man. Lahm tried to jump up but was up against a 202cm tall guy who on top of that climbed all over him.

And yes 10 men Germany looked far more threatening today against Serbia than 11 men England did against minnows Algeria.

Edit: Why can Admins not be put on the Foe list?

you are pissed off because it was once again proven that he can not defend (he was yards away by the way, none climbed on him)? Yeah, ok. So what are you here for then if not football discussion? Just take a critical look at ONE game he plays, just one, and you will know what I'm saying.

And why the hell would you foe me for disagreeing with you over some fucking GERMAN player? This is Manchester City site, not fucking Krautsuberalles.com.

Edit. Oh and if it fucking comforts you, I had the same discussion about Lahm with my dad earlier today. Told him as well where to go. I hope he will not 'foe' me now.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:10 pm

you are pissed off because it was once again proven that he can not defend (he was yards away by the way, none climbed on him)? Yeah, ok. So what are you here for then if not football discussion? Just take a critical look at ONE game he plays, just one, and you will know what I'm saying.

And why the hell would you foe me for disagreeing with you over some fucking GERMAN player? This is Manchester City site, not fucking Krautsuberalles.com.

Edit. Oh and if it fucking comforts you, I had the same discussion about Lahm with my dad earlier today. Told him as well where to go. I hope he will not 'foe' me now.

Because talking to you is not a discussion, it's like talking to a wall.
avoidconfusion

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:17 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:

Because talking to you is not a discussion, it's like talking to a wall.

really? Well, I've shown you numerous of examples about his shortcomings as a defender. Yet you claim he is quality and none of those happened. Isn't it actually other way around?

And being smug on English when your own side got beaten today is bit silly don't you think? At least they got a point.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:22 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I think tonight showed that all your individual superiority means nothing because Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney etc simply cannot play together like a real Team it seems.

And you really think England would be expected to lose against this young German team? I don't think so, I think England would still be favourites.

Not after that shite they wouldn't but I doubt you'll see an England side as bad as that again if they get through this phase. Almost every player bottled it tonight. Very lucky to get another chance but the nerves may still be there on Wed.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:23 pm

R5l : breaking news... At least one England fan got into the changing room post match... Beckham confronted
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:28 pm

really? Well, I've shown you numerous of examples about his shortcomings as a defender. Yet you claim he is quality and none of those happened. Isn't it actually other way around?

And being smug on English when your own side got beaten today is bit silly don't you think? At least they got a point.

Yes, really. Because he wasn't YARDS away from Zigic, but Zigic is 202cm high, what is Lahm supposed to do there? Mertesacker should have marked him if anything or he should have stayed with his own man in the middle.

I am not being smug at all, my wife is England and England is my 2nd favourite team... it just so happens that today I was being told by some England fans I know when the discussion came up about England and Germany possibly meeting in the Knock Out stage and was told that England would hammer Germany.

And you know that we only lost because we had to play with 10 men for nearly 60 minutes and we still were the better team and unlucky to not get a point at least.
avoidconfusion

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:29 pm

Manx Blue wrote:R5l : breaking news... At least one England fan got into the changing room post match... Beckham confronted

why the hell would they attack Beckham.

Now that I think of it he DOES deserve a slap for showing thumbs up after every fucking completed pass.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:29 pm

Serious, non knee jerk, honest question; I know he's a top PL player but can anyone ever remember Frank Lampard having a good game for england? I honestly can't. I think even when England do ok, he's the biggest problem. Not his fault tonight because everyone was shite but imo he always plays like that.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:30 pm

Manx Blue wrote:R5l : breaking news... At least one England fan got into the changing room post match... Beckham confronted

why the hell would they attack Beckham.

They need a reason?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:31 pm

Last edited by Beefymcfc on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:31 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Serious, non knee jerk, honest question; I know he's a top PL player but can anyone ever remember Frank Lampard having a good game for england? I honestly can't. I think even when England do ok, he's the biggest problem. Not his fault tonight because everyone was shite but imo he always plays like that.

This. Completely invisible today again. Capello has to drop him and play Joe Cole.
avoidconfusion

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:33 pm

Their first game, fairly early (something like 25 mins intot he game I think?) Lahm gets his foot in the way of a shot that was on target and very probably saved his team from going a goal down. In the second game he intercepts a through ball on the edge of his own area with one touch which redirects it to his own keeper rather than an attacking player out wide on an overlap. That's one example in each of their two games so I'll do what you do and claim his entire defensive performances in each of those games were brilliant based on those individual occurances.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum