***Official England v Algeria Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official England v Algeria Thread***

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:24 pm

I cannot believe some England fans actually really tried to convince me that England would easily beat Germany...
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby JB » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Eh, Capello - Joe Cole. Why? Why?

Seriously, why hasn't Joe Cole been given a chance? Two turgid displays and no sign of England's most creative player. I actually feel sorry for the English.
JB
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:25 pm

btajim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Is he, for England? He's been about the worse player I've seen, and with Heskey supposedelly feeding him, then it just about relies on the like of Gerrard and Lampard to win the game.

Yes. Rooney is an incredible Player but he's simply not doing it at the moment. Potentially Rooney is the very best we have.

I know Algeria aren't exactly the Harlem Globetrotters of the Football World Cup - but they're organised enough to prevent England from doing anything tonight.

I disagree mate, and I rate a couple of our players above him. Yes, he is good for a a team who have a great (and I mean that) club manager, but he is not in the same league as the rest of the top players; fuck potentially, he is not that player. And what really winds me up is that he has no allegiance to our country, failing to sing the National Anthem, regardless of choice.

Honestly mate, if we are relying on him to take us anywhere then I'll give up now, just like Lennon, they have no pride whatsoever. They are a law unto themselves and won't help us prove our worth, which has been shown (sad face there mate).
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:26 pm

King Kev wrote:Rooney should have played, he is England's best player.

haha

made me laugh.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:26 pm

I thought France were bad and showed a lack of interest but it seemed the same tonight with England. Individuals were so below par it just wasn't funny with Rooney and Lampard leading the way.The only thing Heskey did right in the whole match was tackling, Lennon just didnt try to get past his man and so it went on.
A totally shocking performance.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Anyway, I do like our position; we have to win!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby shawzy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:28 pm

What did Rooney just say to the fans..I couldnt hear it
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:28 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I thought France were bad and showed a lack of interest but it seemed the same tonight with England. Individuals were so below par it just wasn't funny with Rooney and Lampard leading the way.The only thing Heskey did right in the whole match was tackling, Lennon just didnt try to get past his man and so it went on.

50 odd million people currently feeling like we all did in back october/november....

we went on a great run after that.....

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Rooney is a fucking dick! england fans spend thousands to watch you play like that you cheeky scouse twat!

Too much fucking money and play around great foreigners no PRIDE!
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Florida Blue » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:29 pm

JB wrote:Eh, Capello - Joe Cole. Why? Why?

Seriously, why hasn't Joe Cole been given a chance? Two turgid displays and no sign of England's most creative player. I actually feel sorry for the English.

JB you see the pattern?? No Johnson, so no left sided attack, and Heskey is one the squad and playing!! You expect too much from the muppet!
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:29 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:I cannot believe some England fans actually really tried to convince me that England would easily beat Germany...

yeah, cause Germany were great today! Did you spot Mertesacker trying to cover for Lahm and left his own man for the goal. lahm standing few yards away doing fuck all as always.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:30 pm

He said to the camera " Home fans and there booing us " fucking prick!
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:31 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I thought France were bad and showed a lack of interest but it seemed the same tonight with England. Individuals were so below par it just wasn't funny with Rooney and Lampard leading the way.The only thing Heskey did right in the whole match was tackling, Lennon just didnt try to get past his man and so it went on.

The thing is I think Lennon will start again on Wednesday despite another shite performance. I think Joe Cole needs a run out. SWP on the right. Cole on the left. Stevie G in the hole behind the striker.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Blue in the face » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:33 pm

Beckham should have played, HE'S Englands best player.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby david yearsley » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:33 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

haha

made me laugh.

That fat little scouse rag mercenary´s performance tonight was scandalous - Shrek 4 it was that comical
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby King Kev » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:34 pm

david yearsley wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

haha

made me laugh.

That fat little scouse rag mercenary´s performance tonight was scandalous - Shrek 4 it was that comical

It won't stop the British press (and a couple of people on here) sucking his plumbs though.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Redna » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:35 pm

Worst piece of World Cup ever produced by an english team. No comittment,no heart but not a surprise. All english "stars" is just sidekicks to foreign stars in the prem. But it's not over yet. This is actually how Italian teams scraps through the preliminary's just to grow and come out on top- Eventhough I strongly doubt his will happen with England.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:36 pm

is rooney the in the same mould as ricky hatton?

There saying he is unfit but how can he be?

maybe after the season finished he started mucnhing macdonalds and he is great against average teams when the pressure is off but at the highest level he gets found out?
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Kladze » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:42 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
and he is great against average teams when the pressure is off but at the highest level he gets found out?

You think Algeria are an above average team?

Tonight England were atrocious.
And all this talk about this formation and that formation is so much bollox ....... if supposedly top class players continuously fail to make accurate passes over ten to fifteen yards while under little pressure then it matters not a jot which formation they're playing in.

Totally pissed off with them to be honest.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:42 pm

I don't think there's any question they really want to win tbf, it was just an utter shite performance, possibly the worst I've ever seen when you look at the capability of the players on show. Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Lennon can knock a ball around all day for their club sides yet were incapable of stringing a few passes together. They're technically very good players as is Ashley Cole, Johnson, Barry yet they passed the ball like a park team.

Capello's made some stupid decisions but irrespective of that, the players have been truly pathetic tonight & the blame lies with them. If those players played like that normally, they wouldn't get in Portsmouth's team let alone top 4.

If we get knocked out of the World Cup because of a better team or the inadequacies of Carragher & Co then that's fair enough & can't be helped but if we go out because of all the top players turning in less than 25% performances it's not acceptable. Luckily they have the chance to put it right & if they do so, will almost certainly perform better v better teams.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum